October 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Styling Products - Alberto Vo5 - Conditioning Hairdressing (Extra Body for Fine Hair)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lucyfur888

Have fine (but lots of it), shoulder length hair destroyed by ammonia based permanent haircolor. Switched to the demi-permanents but don't want to get it cut short. Have tried everything i could find to tame the poof, the frizz, the flyaways, the coarse dry texture of destroyed hair. NOTHING worked. I have tried Biolage, Tresemme, many Pantenes, contioners and serums, sunsilk, aussie miracle (not), l'oreal vive pro, aphogee and la coupe repair..absolutely nothing worked. even putting on 3 or 4 simultaneously and using hairspray to try to hold down the poofy mess. Then on a whim I tried what I think was a 1950's or 60's favourite when women had really damaged hair. I bought this online (couldnt find in the drugstores in Canada), the extra body Alberta V05. Used about double what was recommended on the package, perhaps 1/4 inch in total and worked it into the shaft and ends and voila. poof and and frizz were completely gone. The split ends were much less evident. It was like a miracle cure. It even seemed to have humidity barrier properties. And all for less than $4 canadian. Sometimes new and improved is just not better. I wish I had thought to try this "old-fashioned" product earlier and saved myself over $150 in totally useless products.. I just hope this doesn't get discontinued at least until my hair grows out again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember Vo5 from years ago...my Uncle used it for his 50's style "greaser" hairdo...yuck. But I noticed this product was for fine hair, and for the less than $3.00 price, what the heck. I was totally surprised that this stuff works great! It totally gets rid of flyaways, frizzyness and tames poofy hair. The trick is to use a VERY small amount...about 1/8 the size of a pea...not kidding...rub your hands together (you probably won't feel any product) and work it thru the ends of your hair...maybe run your hands lighly over the rest to add shine. This is not greasy, however again, do not use too much. This stuff is powerful. One tube has the potential to last MONTHS. I have to give it 5 lippies, which I almost never do, because it's cheap, and does what it says. Nice surprise when you come across these old time products that still work!