July 22, 2014 | 2073 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Born Blonde Non-Peroxide Toner

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

DISCONTINUED: Try Proclere Herbal Blonde Toner from the UK. It is a duplicate product.
I have used Clairol Born Blonde Non-Peroxide Toner on my bleached hair for decades. It used to be available in drug stores but later I could only find it at beauty supplies like Sally's. The little packet that neutralizes the peroxide when you are using the toner right after bleaching or touching up hair roots is priced extra. No crystal packet is necessary when used as a color refresher in between touch ups.

Born Blonde holds its color just as well as peroxide toners and avoids the double damage. You will have to experiment with color selection. I mix Beautiful Beige with Winsome Wheat (and sometimes a little Innocent Ivory, too). However, you may find a single color that works well for your hair. it is low odor but probably contains ammonia. UPDATE: This product has been discontinued, much to my woe! Now I am forced to pay for the more expensive (but not better) Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent color or Ion Color Brilliance Semi-Permanent color. EDIT II: I ditched the Beautiful and Ion collection as they did not last. I found a dup product from the UK called Proclere Herbal Blonde Toner. More expensive compared to the big bottle of Born Blonde NPT I used to buy at Sally's. You do not miss your water until the well runs dry.