November 28, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lip Treatments - Sephora - Nourishing Lip Stick (Lip Balm)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This balm is light and soaks in quickly, which is good for wearing under lipstick. However, I find myself having to layer it to wear alone, which means I ran out of it very fast. I loved the light vanilla smell and the lipstick packaging, but I won't buy it again because my general needs for lip balm are satisfied by Blistex.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by canarydiamond14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always pick one of these up when I go to Sephora. It's very moisturizing and has a sweet, subtle scent.

Not much to say... just an awesome lip balm. Please don't discontinue this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I really like this limited edition vanilla scented lip balm from Sephora. It's moisturizing, long lasting, and is perfect for layering under lipsticks. I finished a tube very quickly though, even while using other balms simultaneously. The packaging is nice, the balm is in the shape of a lipstick.

Since buying this balm, I discovered my HG lip balm Aveeno Lip Conditioner (which I thought was discontinued since I couldn't find it in any store) was still available online. I immediately bought it and even though I had not used it in at least 5 years I still loved it as much as I did back then, and the Sephora balm paled in comparison (it didn't seem as moisturizing, and it has no SPF either). For this reason I won't buy it again but if the Aveeno ever gets discontinued and this is still available I will definitely purchase it in that case because it does perform well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Someone below said it has a vanilla scent. Sorry, none of that in my tube (which is new). What I smell is faintly reminiscent of Play-Doh... but it's not bothersome as the scent is faint and once applied I smell nothing and there is no taste. Anyway. This is a really good lip balm. Applies smoothly and evenly and gives good protection though if it had SPF that would be serious plus. But for the $5 price tag, you honestly cannot go wrong. What made me try it was hearing a "Beauty Guru" on Dr. Oz touting $5 Solutions To Look 5 Yrs Younger. Hey, I was reclined back in the dental chair - I was captive - don't judge ;) She said this lip balm contains meadowfoam seed oil, vitamin E and is very high in anti-oxidants. I figure since I go thru practically a tube of balm every other week, I might as well give this one a try and I stopped at Sephora on the way home. 24hrs later I'm writing this review because the stuff is THAT GOOD. It actually contains shea butter, beeswax, grapeseed oil, vitamin E, and meadowfoam seed oil... and it makes my lips feel great. I was previously addicted to Julie Hewitt's Camelia Lip Balm in the stick but at $16 a tube it's pricey stuff. It is cosmetically elegant with a texture, a slip that you don't often find in a $5 lip balm. It's shaped like a lipstick instead of being blunt-cut like cigar... another property I appreciate. I'm gonna wear this balm for a week and if it performs well, I'll update this review. As of right now, I would definitely buy this product again and I recommend it. BUY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Ljoy89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my lips and when my all natural lip balm stopped working for me I decided go try out sephoras product and instantly it re ever my dry chapped red lips now I use it before I put on my daily lip stick- actually i put it on first before I put anything on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by diggity

This lip balm is fine if you have normal lips. But if you have very dry lips (like me) - this won't cut it. At first, I was hopeful. This has a very pleasant, silky texture. It glides right onto lips easily. And the scent is a light vanilla. It reminded me of vanilla Soft Lips almost immediately. Unfortunately it doesn't last on my lips and has to be applied often. It also doesn't sink in and hydrate lips. Instead it has more of a protective coating effect, sort of like putting Vasoline on your lips. I need more moisturizing lip products, so I would not buy again. That said, it's certainly better than nothing, and it's only $5 - just don't expect any miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by bellaonabudget

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ever get really close to the free shipping on Sephora.com and not know what to get? This is it. I purchased this online to bump me into free shipping territory and I am so glad I did.

I haven't had much luck with Sephora branded products in the past, but this balm knocks it out of the park. The texture is delightfully smooth and silky, with only a little shine. The product is not greasy, but has great staying power - you will still feel it on your lips an hour after application. I've owned many lip balms and this is currently at the top of the list. The only thing missing is the SPF, which is a little disappointing Still, at $5, this product is a bargain and I am looking forward to using it through the winter.

This is an LE, so scoop them up while you can. Thanks Sephora!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Someone gave this to me as a gift when we went to Sephora the other week. Sephora here in Hong Kong is located at Mongkok, Kowloon but unfortunately, they are going to stop operations here in Hong Kong and they're only upto March 31st.

We went there last week to check out which items are still there for sale and we bought loads! Everything is on sale!

I got this Lip Balm from Sephora for only HKD 20. Good deal, right?! It comes in a plain and simple white packaging. The lip balm itself has its own scent. I cannot explain to you guys the scent, sorry. All in all, I don't really like this lip balm. It makes my lips very stick and makes me feel that my lips are always sticky and wet is very annoying. Plus, I wanted something that is always unscented. So, this is another minus point for this item.

Good thing we just bought it on sale for HKD 20. I'm not going to buy this item if it's more than HKD 50. LOL!