December 18, 2014 | 1165 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

Another great drugstore find for sensitive skin. I was looking for a change from my Eucerin gel cleanser (the one formulated for rosacea) as it just wasn't very effective at reducing the redness in my cheeks. But the Yes to Cucumbers is a vast improvement. It's also a gentle gel, free from anything harsh, like salicylic acid, and leaves my skin feeling calm and refreshed.

Pros:
Gentle
Helps reduce rosacea
Great make up remover

Cons:
Not a lot for the price
Can leave my skin just a little bit dry

Overall, I would definitely buy this again, but maybe use it more in alteration with a soap specially formulated for rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Fantastic cleanser for my combination skin. Smells very refreshing, texture is great, cooling gel, not too foamy. Removes all eyemakeup as well. I have trouble finding this product in Canada, so whenever I visit the US, I stock up. My last trip, I came home with 8 tubes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

I have been using this cleanser for almost a year now. I first stumbled across this little gem while in a Ross. It was on the clearance rack for about 5 dollars I believe. At the time I was just looking for something new. I was previously using Neutrogena's Ultra Power Foaming face wash which had been working fine but I had little break outs here and there after some time of my skin getting use to the product. My face tends to love a face wash for a few before it decides that it wants something more. After trying this wash, I've been in love ever since. My face doesn't break out often but I do tend to get flesh colored bumps along my jawline near my mouth. They never become full whiteheads or blackheads but just stay as flesh colored acne. Since using this face wash I don't have those bumps whatsoever. I use this in conjunction with Clinique's Intense Moisture Surge Gel. I cannot begin to tell you the compliments I get on my skin. For me this means a lot after having battled acne for 10 plus years. Sometimes it's easy to forget that less is more. The more that is going on with your face, the less products you should use. Let your skin breathe and figure it out. This gentle wash helps your skin do that. All in all, GREAT STUFF.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I decided I needed a change in facial cleansers since the weather was changing (and my skin was getting dry). Previously I used: Mario Badescu Orange Cleansing Soap and Burt's Bees Radiance.

This was amazing! Texture was gel. I used about a finger tip dollop of product and lathered it on my palms before applying to face. Sensation was calming and refreshing. Scent was not heavy. Face felt clean and moisturized, with no irritation. Also no breakouts.

I've been using it three weeks and I'm so happy I think I'll stick with this product for now. I found their "carrot" line too drying, so I'm surprised by how much I like the "cucumber" one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ajlandt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, and I love it! I'm 38, I have a lot of allergies, and I have *very* sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. So many "gentle" cleansers either give me a rash, make me break out, or leave my skin feeling greasy.

I'm so happy with this cleanser. I use a nickel-sized amount at night, gently rub it in, and rinse with warm water. My skin feels so clean without getting that tight, too-dry feeling afterward. And then I use a dime-sized amount in the morning in the shower.

For the past year, I'd been using a different cleanser (much more expensive department-store brand). Every night, after cleansing, I'd wipe my face with some toner on a cotton-ball, and the cotton ball would end up brown from all the dirt the cleanser didn't remove. Now that I'm using this Yes to Cucumbers cleanser, every night the cotton ball comes back clean!

My skin is looking cleaner, clearer, softer, and less oily overall. I *love* this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I know they says that they are for sensitive skin but it has a purfumee smell that makes me skin irritated as well as my lungs I also find that the product is to sticky both to get on m.y face and to get off.My face is skin sticky after using this without 3 rinses and alot of toner.
There are much better face washes out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by allthatglimmers

This is an amazing product which has left my skin so clean. It actually smells like cucumbers which is good and when you finish cleansing your face it will actually feel cleansed and like you actually did something. It took off my make up and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which is a major bonus! It's all natural so you won't be putting harsh chemicals and who knows what else on your face. My opinion is that this product is a must for those with sensitive skin because you can't find anything else like this brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by shellie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was MORE drying than the tomato trouble free wash. And I have oily skin and live in a humid climate. get the tomato one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this. I love, love natural/organic products and I've been making it a point to try as much from the Yes To lines as I can. So far this is the only one I'm not a fan of. Maybe it's just my oiliness talking, but this didn't cleanse my skin at all. I use it only in the mornings, so my skin isn't dirty or full of makeup, but I just feel disgusting after I use this. It's like a strange, sticky film all over my face after I rinse this gel off. It's almost like I hadn't washed my face at all and my toner is doing all of the "cleansing" work because it's astounding what is left on my skin after I wash it. I wanted to love this, but it's just completely ineffective for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, a little too drying for my skin, not the worst out there, but not for me at all. Also stings eyes if you try to wash eye makeup off. I had higher hopes.