October 30, 2014 | 1130 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure - Raisin the Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Lukewarmluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty- it's a disco ball rose color. The color is not work appropriate for me, even with short nails.
Two coats lasted all week. I didn't have to wash any dishes throughout the week, though, so that may have made a difference.
Love the big, but not too big brush. The color applied streak-free.
I can't wear this on my fingernails because of work, but my toenails are having fun!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by renerbell

Beautiful color! I can't say how much I loved the color it wowed me. I liked the bottle and the brush very much. The formula itself went on easily and streak free, those are the reasons I gave it 2 lippies. The staying power is some of the worst I have ever tried. I put this on without a base coat the first time as it said it was "complete". It lasted 2 hours before chipping and peeling, by 5 hours almost all of it had peeled off of every single nail. My nails usually are good to keep polish on for at least a week with no problem, I tire of the polish before it starts to peel or chip normally.The second time I applied I used my usual base coat and it lasted less than 24 hours. The third time I used a base AND top coat, again less than 24 hours. I had such high hopes for this polish. I love Sally Hansen products but this just did not work for me. I have had better luck with .99 wet n' wild. I paid over $6 for this and feel it needs some major improvement. $6 is a lot for a drugstore nail polish to come off this easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by parker1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 3 of the Complete Salon Manicure Polishes. Raisin the Bar, Gilty...? (nice gold without being gaudy), and Pedal to the Metal (fun lavender for a 30+). Raisin the Bar is a great color. Has some shimmer and works for the office. The polish goes on well and I like the flat brush. The only real problem I have with it it the wear on the tips and the chips. I have weak bendy nails so chips are inevitable. I think I just need to find a great top coat to fix that problem. It does take some time to dry but sometimes when they are so fast drying they are difficult to get smooth coats when applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by FoxyHolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to color since I bought it about a month ago now. I love the color, a dust metallic rose, as it really does go with pretty much everything. It's modest enough to be worn at the office, but definitely holds its own dressed up or down after work. I have a pink undertone to my very fair (and freckled) skin, and the rose compliments it perfectly.

I usually spend ages on my nails, making sure that all 4 coats (base, two color, and top) are streak free. With this nailpolish, the process goes so much more quickly, which makes me much more willing to re-apply regularly. The flat brush makes application fast and easy. It only requires two coats -- I don't need to use a base or top coat with it -- and it is pretty much flawless for at least a week, unless I do something to damage it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by BarkleyJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color. It's a dusty rose metallic pink that just looks fantastic when it's on. I don't know about a "complete" manicure, because it did start to chip off after just a few hours, but I reapplied it with 2 coats and put on my Seche Vite topcoat and I'll see if it lasts.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful polish - not sure if I love the wide brush, it's going to take some getting used to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love the brushes in these nail polishes because I am clumsy when it comes to doing my nails. I have had acrylics for the longest time so I haven't mastered the art of painting my nails perfectly so the brush helps. I love that this color is true to the color in the bottle. What you see is what you get. It's a rosy, mauvy color that does not look old ladyish at all. Perfect for the office environment where I work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by paulamwiggins

WOW!
I love pedicures but rarely take the time and money to get them. When I give myself a pedicure. . . it looks like I gave myself a pedicure. Invariably, the polish is chunky, lumpy, and end up removing it all in a fit and reapplying.

I LOVE this product by Sally Hansen. Dare I say it is clutz proof? It applies so smoothly and just truly looks professional. . . hence the name! This particular color is so lovely on my fair, slightly tanned skin. A rosey mauve that is subtle but looks quite high-end. The price (7.50 or so) at Walgreens was more than I would usually shell out for nail polish, but what a difference in the quality of the product. The wide brush was wonderful to work with.

If you have been frustrated with do-it-yourself pedicures, ladies, give this a try. Now maybe I'll get up the guts to paint my fingernails in a shade other than clear....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

This is probably the best nail polish I have ever used. It is elegantly packaged for a drugstore product and has a wide brush, the kind I like best. It covers nails with one swipe of perfect, opaque, streak-free polish. It seriously has zero streaking and uneveness and goes on smooth as anything. This particular colour is to die for! I want to say it's MLBB (if it were a lipcolour) but since it's a nail polish, I would say it is a metallic rose that looks noticeable but right at home on my nails. (Most of the time nail polish colours look too bright or tacky on my hands.) I will probably be painting my nails this colour again and again. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by getstrong29

Awesome! My nails are not in the best condition but are not horrible. I painted my nails with this-2 coats and it literally is salon perfect. The brush is awesome and covers the nail effectively without glooping up. I love this color. I'm fair skinned and this looks great for spring. Would definitely purchase again. My favorite part is the fast drying time and the 5 steps in one. Great price and time saver to get all the benefits of 5 different nail treatments in one beautiful color that looks great.