August 22, 2014 | 2050 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skin Beauty Solutions-50% Glycolic Acid Peel Kit

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am no stranger to having glycolic peels done on my face, as I first started having them done on my face over 10 years ago. However, I decided to take the at-home route (because its much more affordable for me) and I came upon Skin Beauty Solutions on Ebay and decided to purchase their 50% Glycolic Acid Peel Kit. purchased the 4 oz peel kit which comes with 2- 2 oz. bottle of 50% Glycolic Acid, application pads, and a instruction sheet.

The instructions were easy to understand and I didn't really have any problems performing the peel for the first time. I know that 50% is a high strength, therefore I leave it on my face 2-3 minutes only.While the peel is on my face I do feel a level of burning. This is something that I have experienced with any glycolic peel that I have ever had done (dermatologist office ones too). Also, I did experience some dryness, flaking, and itching afterwards. But, for me this was controllable. As, for the first 3 days after getting the peel done I do make sure to moisturize my face religiously. And, I try not to wear makeup, unless I really have to for going out purposes.

For the first 4 weeks, I used it approximately every 7 days and now for maintenance I simply have a glycolic peel done every 2 weeks (twice a month only). By using this strenght of glycolic peel on my face on a regular basis, I have noticed that my skin has become much clearer in tone, my acne breakouts are under control, my pores look clearer and cleaner, and my complexion is slightly brighter with a newfound glow to it.

My skin has never looked better due to having glycolic peels done and using the Clarisonic as well. As, I truly believe that my face is now exfoliating at a better rate than before and as a result my face has become much better in tone, clarity, and consistently dealing with acne breakouts is no longer a problem.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No