August 22, 2014 | 1180 users online

Toners - Laneige - Power Essential Skin Refiner_EX

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by shinjikun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good product, very hydrating but does nothing for my redness recommended for people with dry skin if you have oily skin don't use it.

Update

At first it was working well but i found it to irritate the skin after some time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by iloveskincaresososomuch

the packaging was so pretty...
but the actual product sucked.
So I don't know if Laneige knows what combo/oily skin looks like, but I can definetly sum it up in one word:
SHINY.
So what did this product do?
ADDED EXCESSSIVE SHINE.
Not only that, but it was way too moisturizing for my oily skin, and having been already dissapointed with the laneige pore trouble deep cleansing foam (since my skin is sensitive it broke me outtt), I was really hoping for this to work.
I don't know what's with asians having amazing skin generally and their products just not working for me :/
althouuuugh, I am trying the laneige pore tightening emulsion and I love it, so it really depends on your skin type..
But whatever... *sigh* I'll stick to my clinique level 4 toner, best toner I've had, I'll probably continue to use it for years :p

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Missingpieces

My first laneige toner among with my other first laneige skincare products.I got the Toner EX light . I really really want for this toner to work for me. But sadly, it didnt. It broke me out and made my already dry skin even drier. OUch! too much alcohol and too much fragrance. It made my skin dry in an instant that when I follow it with laneige moisturizer, my skin would not absorb. :( It made my skin feeling tight and flaky. I tried to go with my skincare routine without the toner and my skin would be slightly hydrated. Plus my breakouts disappear. PRiCey! I got the set of this and it's just sad that I have to use this toner on my neck and anywhere else away from my face. I give the packaging 4 lippies. Luv It! And the scent even though it's too much fragrance, it is a lovely scent. My curiousity about this product ends here... :(...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kpxgenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great smell, great if you have blemishes (doesn't prevent, but doesn't cause breakouts), and great if you have combination skin. Overall, this is a great toner that will even out your skintone in the long-run and helps clean out all the little dirt in your pores that your cleanser will miss. Follow up with their balancing emulsion and your skin will love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by pandaxen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination, sensitive and acne-prone skin and was previously using the Laneige Star White Refiner but after that finished I quickly switched to this as I found the former to leave a sticky residue on my skin. I got mine during Christmas 2009 and they had a special packaging- 320ml for less than USD 30 (cant exactly remember). Have been using it daily (morning and night) and it does last quite a while. I still have about 1/4 of the bottle left.

It is a very light and refreshing toner, does not cause my skin to break out and I have yet to experience any sensitivity. I apply it with a cotton pad, sometimes with my hands to pat it on and I realise that when the refiner is drying off your face, it has this slight tingly feeling- like as if your skin and pores are being constricted. It's not a tight feeling or anything uncomfortable, just makes me feel like the refiner is working to tighten my pores (:

No problems with this refiner at all, would repurchase in the future but for now, would like to experiment with other brands first!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by francescasy

I have this Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner Light EX its supposed to be meant for oily skin. IT'S THE WORST SKINCARE PRODUCT EVER!!!!! Made my skin breakout like crazy, first time in my life to have that kind of breakout. NOT WORTH IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by kvogue

This toner is very refreshing and has a pleasant clean and fresh smell. I'm not too fond of its slightly slimmy texture...its a bit thicker than the normal toners. However due to its texture it is quite hydrating and my skin feels less tight afterwards. I gave this toner a rating of 3 because I did not like its texture, I didn't see a dramatic improvement in my skin (although I didn't have any blemishes) and I disliked the glass packaging. Packing looks elegant but being glass is fragile. I also had trouble pouring the contents as the opening did not work well with its thicker content. All in all this toner is nothing to rave about but is probably good for summer as there is a slight cooling sensation after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by KilluhXCee

I really love most of the stuff I tried from laneige. they always have everything for your skintype. This particular on is made for people with dry skin (like me). Most of the toners I tried from drugstore to high end either breaks me out,drys me out, or makes me face really tight. not this if anything it feels really refreshing and moisturizing slightly. you could see all the little gunk on your face left over after you this.
I really don't like the fact it's in a glass bottle but it's pretty study. I dropped more then a dozen times on hard wood floors and it has yet to even have a scratch on it but i still would'nt recommend you try that. but yea this is a bit on a pricey side but hell... for what it's worth even if it was 70 dollars I'll still buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by piniee

A nice light toner which is good for my sensitive/combination skin. I soak a cotton pad and gently wipe it over my face. I would buy this again if they sold it in my country, but it's not that amazing for me to go through the trouble of buying it on the internet and paying extra for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 3:46:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

It comes in a 5.4 fl oz turquoise glass bottle at US$21.
The lady at the store recommended this toner for my face since I have combination skin in the drying winter season.

You only need 2-3 small drops for the whole face. It leaves my skin softer and clean. It has a slight refreshing scent. Neither is it too drying nor too oily for my combination skin.

An everyday toner.

EDIT: My first bottle lasted 4 months. I like how refreshing and soft my skin feels after use. It works just as well in the summer.