Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love this polish! Beautiful color (Grey/Mauve blend) Long-lasting. Only grey polish that I have found that I wear year-round.

on 3/23/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this polish, it's great on pale and tan skin. It's really chip resistant and stays the longest out of any drugstore polish I have tried. I am so sad that it has been discontinued in Ontario, was one of my favourites.

on 4/17/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The colour turned out purple-y, which is my favourite colour for nail polishes so I was okay with it :D Lasted fairly long, maybe 5-6 days without a top coat?

on 2/19/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

A nice grey for tan girls. I am between a NC37-40 and this polish looks great on me. I think it flatters my tan skin tone well. Love the brush this polish comes with, I can easily coat the whole nail in one swipe. Plus the formula is excellent for a drugstore polish, it goes on very smoothly. It becomes opaque after about two coats. I really like the glass bottle it comes in, looks very nice. Will repurchase again and again.

on 2/7/2013 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Color is to die for; very tasteful neutral gray with a nice hit of mauve to keep it from being boring. It is a bit tricky to get it to go on smoothly and I had to clean it off the edges of several cuticles. It's easy to have it to on too thick and have it be a bit messy, or too thin and have to do a third coat. Most nails turned out nicely with only two coats and only the pinky of my off-hand has marks I'm a little dissatisfied with. Aside from that, the brush marks all vanished when the polish dried. Dries quickly.

The thick brush is, so to speak, a double-edged sword; it makes it easier to cover the whole nail quickly but it also makes it hard to touch up the edges without getting polish on your cuticles. I haven't painted my nails in a while so I may just need a little practice - actually, it looks pretty good considering how long it's been since I did this. So factor that when considering my complaints about application - if yr used to this brush, probably you won't have any trouble as the texture is very consistent.

Considering I paid less than $3 for this on sale I'm definitely pleased. It looks like a much more expensive polish. Bought this on positive recommendations from other MUA reviews and am dead keen on the color. Just hope I get good wear out of it, as other MUAs have reported!

on 2/6/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the polish. But, I HATE the brush. I understand the concept of a big brush, to cover more nail and get a nice even coat, but I just can't get used to it. I find it much easier to apply evenly with a smaller brush.
But the colour of this polish is beautiful. It looks very high end.

on 12/9/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese yellow skin tones.

I am not much of a pedicure person, but I love my open toed heels.. so the nails get painted. :) I don't make a point to own alot of polishes, but would love to eventually get a HG for each major color family that I would care to wear. THIS is the HG for my winter wear of purple taupe!

FYI, compared to OPI Metro Chic, this is a shade lighter (but I'm agnostic to the color btwn the 2)... I choose Rimmel's handsdown for the wide brush and superior formula compared to OPI's streakier formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Definitely somewhere in my top 3 favorite nail polishes. This color is so beautiful. I only found it through MUA reviews and looking at it in store I couldn't really get the hype over it, but I bought it anyway- so glad I did! It looks so much prettier on nail than bottle for some reason. On me it pulls more purple but the color is just so unique and chic. Also I really love Rimmel's formula- it glides on PERFECTLY, the brush is awesome. And it lasts a while without chipping, especially with base and top coat.

I absolutely love Rimmel nail polish! The application brush is superior to any other brand I've used, besides Lise Watier and unfortunately Lise Watier is quite pricey and the colours seem to come and go quickly by season.
Rimmel offers a superior polish, easy to apply, dries fairly quickly and without any bumps even if 2nd coat is applied right after the first coat. I love the Steel Grey shade and it has become my new favourite, almost year round! If you love this colour but want to punch it up a bit, just add another colour to the Steel Grey - I added a little fuschia to it and got an amazing new shade to wear.
Thanks Rimmel for giving us a reasonably priced polish, that's easy to apply and comes in great colours anyone can wear!

on 8/17/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought steel grey on a whim and I nearly spilled polish everywhere when I took the wand out and discovered that Rimmel's brush is a dead duplicate of Dior Vernis! the wide, fine brush with the beautifully curved edge that makes Dior Vernis practically apply itself. Packaging an instant 5, because vernis is the nicest brush out there. if you haven't tried Vernis because of the price point, try this at a fraction of the cost. you deserve a polish brush this good.

As for the colour, Steel grey is a gorgeous taupe gray with the hint of violet that makes it stand apart from the rest of my taupe gray collections (I am bananas about neutral polishes.)

for application, steel gray was perfectly opaque in two coats. I will stalk this brand for as long as it lasts. that brush is amazing.

Popular Polishes