July 25, 2014 | 1103 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Bellarose3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If u wanna bring out every pore, line & spot I. Ur face, this is the powder for u! Hate this. Aged me 10 yrs!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The only thing I liked about this powder was the green-tinted powder swirl, which I loved to use on red spots by itself. I was never able to get a natural look using a brush across the entire pan, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this in translucent and used the entire thing, but won't repurchase. Why? Too loosely packed such that it ends up on my hands, cuffs, collar, etc. That means it gets used up rather quickly. It also tends to settle into lines and get cakey if applied too heavily. The brush is useless and the compact is bulky. I did like the color - translucent as described with no beigey tint, and it did somewhat address redness/skin tone issues. It's very pale, so mostly I ended up using it along my jaw line to blend my foundation into my neck. So, it's not the worst, but there is better translucent powder out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this in the color Natural Beige. It's an okay match for my NC30 skin -- I rarely apply this all over my face so I can't really say, but there are days where my face seems a little orange when I come home.

I have a greenish tinge around my eyes that makes my skin look sallow and unhealthy, and this product does give me a more healthy glow. Using my own powder brush, I apply the yellow/red area to correct the green tinge, then the green/yellow area over my redness and acne scars. I feel like patting the brush gently into the product is the only way to keep the powder from flying everywhere.

My biggest complaint is I sweat this product right off on a sunny day. It stays fine on my cheeks, but by the time I'm done walking to the bus stop my T-zone is completely powder free. This is also my first mineral product, so I don't know if all mineral products feel like this, but this powder feels very heavy on my skin. Maybe I'm used to the texture of BB cream, where I don't feel like I'm wearing any product. Even so, the coverage of my hyper pigmentation is very poor, and I'd expect better if it was so heavy a product!

Overall, I'm keeping this product because I like the color correcting effects, but it's certainly not worth the price and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tan today, Gone tomorrow...
I purchased Buff Beige and applied one side with a cotton ball, and the other with a brush and I looked like a ghost .. :( Does not work for olive skin.

Package is very thick and a piece of the opening mechanism popped off before I even used it. I gave it 2 lippies because the pan is removable. I also love the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by IGotThemBunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally fell in love with this powder! I have problematic skin & I've been using liquid concealers & foundations for a long time now, but i found that liquid just doesn't look good on my skin! So I made the switch to powder. It was really hard finding a powder concealer because they gave me literally no coverage! :( I have a little redness on T-zone, dark circles & a few red/dark acne Marks on my cheeks from passed acne. My face is a disaster!
I was super skeptical about this powder. I didn't think this powder would even cover anything, but I decided to give it a try anyways & boy am I happy I did! This powder covers ALL OF MY FLAWS WITHOUT LOOKING CAKY/POWDERY OR CHALKY! I've never had such great concealing coverage , not even with liquid concealers! My redness covers instantly, desk circles magically disappear & my acne marks gone as if they never were even there. I love the finish this powder gives me! It's a matte, yet silky finish but not shiny at all. I don't know how to explain it, but it looks very natural. After I apply this powder, I dust a thin layer of my minerals foundation over & there, I'm ready to go! I find that I use WAY less makeup now because of this. I tried using my minerals alone without this powder but it was just not the same. I'm hooked! :D I can't do my makeup now without it. I must say that this powder WILL make your face look white when 1st applied especially if you're tan like me or darker, but my minerals & a little bronzer turns my face back to its original color & there's no white cast left :) this is really an amazing powder! I recommend this powder to everyone. It's a miracle worker, seriously! It's worth a try :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried out this powder initially because I wanted something mineral-based with few ingredients, in the hopes that it wouldn't upset my sensitive and acne-prone skin. I've been pretty impressed with the results -- the powder is not cakey, it colour-corrects a bit, leaves a natural finish that's a wee bit matte but also with a bit of a glow, and the translucent colours fit nicely with my skin tone (I find most powders too yellow on my skin). Its overall effect is certainly subtle, but it's just enough to give the look of my skin a boost, overtop concealer and sometimes foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont use this as a primer but over my tinted moisturizer to help correct discolorations.
Im of dark complexioned, very olive tone in winter, and can pretty much only use this during the winter months. So i use the small Elf blush brush, tap into a color, then tap onto my face where I need it. I mostly use the green and yellow: So green goes on my red cheeks, yellow on my darker patches. To use it as an all over powder either under or over makeup would just give me a ghastly look, but I only like to use a very small amount so I can get away with it just fine. It seems like it'd be a really nice all over powder for lighter skin girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because I saw it on sale for 12 Australian Dollars (AUD is roughly on par with the US dollar, for reference), and I've totally fallen in love with it!
So first off, after reading some (misleading) reviews here on MUA, this is not meant to be a mattifying powder! It's meant to be a tone-correcting finishing powder. Finishing powders aren't always necessarily mattifying.

As someone who is pale (around NC-15) and has fairly dry skin (apart from some oiliness on nose and sometimes forehead), this works excellent at removing redness from my nose and chin, and also gives a really nice, smooth finish to either my liquid foundation or BB cream. I think it does actually mattify to some extent, however it's not a cakey/powdery finish, it removes the weird shine to many foundations and gives a more satin/semi-matte finish.

Also, for the people complaining about the brush, honestly, when have you ever liked a brush that came in a powder compact?
The only reason I haven't given this 5 lippies is because the regular retail price is a bit steep, as well as the packaging is too bulky to really be travel friendly (although I still take it in my bag on a daily basis despite the bulkiness).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. just wonderful. love using this before applying the mineral wear coverup/face powder. makes skin look more natural and clear