NuFACE Microcurrent Facial Toning System

3.9

Nothing 'NU' to see here folks, move along.

After reading countless reviews, mostly singing the praises of this device I finally purchased a NuFace Trinity at Ulta hoping to give my skin a lift. That was 7 months ago. I watched the videos and diligently used the Trinity device daily for the entire time – may have missed all of 7 days during that period. Not only did I do the "basic treatment" but I also followed with the optional "advanced treatment" every day.

Seven months later: no improvements! Nothing, nada, zip. I wanted to believe this would make a difference even convincing myself that the negative reviews were from people who either didn't follow the instructions or didn't perform them diligently. Not the case here. I really worked this thing and would have loved to be one of the "choir."

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

An amazing product. I have the black and gold anniversary edition with the two prong attachment. I can say yes this device does work. It does what it says. I got this device in November and got lazy and stopped for a few weeks- I definitely noticed the difference. My skin looked aweful. I immediately went back to using it and the next day my skin was back to looking beautiful again, so now I have made a commitment to never stop again. It only takes 5 minutes a day every day for three months then 3 days a week after that. Also you have to use the primer designed to be used with this device it helps the device do what it needs to do so using a cheap substitute will not result in the best results.

I am very impressed with my Nuface mini. I have been using it almost every day, for the last 6 weeks or so. It has really worked well to lift my brow area, and my cheek/jaw area looks more contoured and lifted. I am only giving it four stars because the effects wear off quickly. I took a weekend off once (they do say to only use it 5 days a week) and by Monday my face seemed back to its normal saggy state. I just don't know if I will have the time every morning for the next X number of years to invest in zapping my face. To the person who asked about dark spots from the machine, I haven't noticed that mine are any better or worse.

This isn't as much a review as is it asking for advice. I just started using the NUFACE trinity. I keep reading reviews saying that it caused brown spots on the face. That's part of what I'm trying to get rid of. Does anyone know if it's true that the device will cause brown spots? Is it even supposed to actually help with spots or just firming?

I'm 62 and started the NuFace Trinity about a month ago. I quit using the tool because it was too painful to the extent it made my muscles twitch (extremely so and on LOW). And yes I was using the gel that came with it. Shortly after using the tool I started experiencing massive hair loss which to this day cannot figure out why! I quit using the tool since that was the only new thing I was doing and after 3 weeks of extreme hair loss and blood work (including an ultrasound on my thyroid) we still have no answers. BUT just this past week-end my hair stopped falling out, as quickly as it had begun! I'm too afraid to start using the NuFace as I loss about half my hair volume! I am now using the Lift Wand and Ultrsonic tool with awesome results! BE CAREFUL!! I'd love to know if anyone else experienced hair loss!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So disappointing! Being very self conscious of the significant sagging of my cheek area, and not being able to afford a surgical face lift, I was really excited this might tone and slightly lift my face.

For reference, I had full, almost chubby cheeks, but when I hit my late 30s (now 41), they totally deflated. Weight loss and gravity haven't helped matters... It is most noticable around the corners of mouth, where the looser skin likes to settle and form parentheses within parantheses within parentheses. You get the idea.
I've tried all kinds of face firming products (Strivectin face tightening serum, Bioelements Flaxx-C firming mask, derma e Firming DMAE Moisturizer, etc).

I started using this daily, or every other day, including the "advanced" moves, always on the highest setting.
I might think that I haven't been using it long enough, but I'very read too many reviews from people claiming that results were instant; as in the treated side of the face was noticably more lifted than the untreated side after just one use. I wasn't expect that kind of result, but I was hoping for SOMETHING. I've been using it for months, and don't notice ANY lifting effect.
It's pleasant to use, and the metal spheres feel nice gliding along the skin.
And I can feel a zapping when I get close to my hairline on my forehead, so I know the current is working. It simply doesnt produce any results.

And could NuFace maybe provide a gel bigger than a small tube of toothpaste?? What a rip!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using the Nuface Trinity for over 30 days and I don't see any improvement in the sagging of my jawline. I use it daily for approximately 20 minutes. I do the advanced holds as well as the basic routine. I am stubbornly going to keep using it for another 30 days and hope for some visible improvement. I do see some improvement in the lifting of slightly saggy eyelids but it doesn't last very long (maybe 8 hrs). What I have noticed (unfortunately) is that I have become more critical of my saggy facial skin since using this device. Now I am deliberately inspecting my jawline/jowls on a daily basis looking for improvement. In frustration, I have decided to save my money for Ultherapy but continue to use this device for another 30 days just out of curiosity to see if it might miraculously retrain my facial muscles and sculpt my jawline. I am not looking for anything major-I just want my jowl area to improve like the before and after pictures on the Nuface website. On a positive note, I kind of like using the device. It is relaxing and I feel like it might allow oil-free serums to penetrate better. I don't have any problems with the gel drying out too soon because I do my face in sections. I have a mineral water spray that I can use if it does dry out but I generally don't have a problem with the gel. My plan is to hold out for 60 days. If there isn't any improvement in my jawline, I am going to stop this nonsense. Although I might occasionally use it to lift my eyelids for special occasions.

I hesitated a long long time to buy this bc I thought it was pricey for something that is probably not effective...but the countless glowing reviews and QVC 90 day return policy convinced me...and the verdict is...it works! I just looked at pictures I took 3 weeks apart after using it 6x a week for 7 minutes per session and there is a definite improvement in my slightly (but enough to bother me) 35 year old jowls. Wow. I'm only sorry I waited so long! It is not a face lift and it won't pick one's face off the floor at age 70 but it is great for prevention and for a little perk me up at any age. Yes, you have to keep using it and results are temporary but aren't all skin care products? Or anything in life for that matter! I am very happy with this and you should try it! If not, return it. Easy peasy!

I have used both the NuFace Classic and Trinity. I loved the Classic so much I decided to leave it at our cabin and buy another one for our home. I discovered the Trinity model on the NuFace website and decided to purchase a "refreshed" model. It worked fine for a while, although the wrinkle reducer attachment seemed worthless so I tossed it.

Then one day I noticed a rattling inside the Trinity. That didn't seem good but it still worked so I kept using it. It eventually punked out and was not generating any current - I could put my bare hand on it at full strength and felt nothing. So I contacted NuFace and they said I could send it in for repairs. I think the cost for the repair was around $60 or $75.

By the time I got the Trinity back I was in the midst of a Viora treatment series and wanted to judge those results without the influence of NuFace. So I set the Trinity aside. After Viora I picked up the NuFace again and guess what - no current. So I tossed it and got another Classic. I could never stand that harsh blue light anyway. :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

In a facial at a hotel in San Diego possibly a Hilton, with an in-hotel spa which used and sold these devices, including the under-eye version. I left my facial looking terrific! Somehow I'm unable to replicate my results from the facial at home using these devices. I must be "doing it wrong" though am doing as the directions advise, and what I remember their having done to my face.

I did look terrific, with my under-eye bags and fine wrinkles not showing post-facial by spa professionals using the NuFace devices. Maybe get a spa treatment and have them show you how to use them during the facial or immediately thereafter?

I feel like I'd like the same hand-holding / teaching re how to style my hair also! ;)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools