April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - NuFACE - Microcurrent Facial Toning System

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I'm re-wording because my original review was taken down.
I *HAVE* had the original genuine NuFACE product used on me by my esthetician and I loved it. So let me review the NUFACE MICROURRENT FACIAL TONING SYSTEM: I experienced the taste of metal in my mouth and some involuntary twitching. haha. Definitely stimulates the skin. It brings fresh blood flow to the most superficial capillaries of the face. My face looked rejuvenated and plumper. A little something new.
I like using new gadgets because I feel the skin needs a change in routine. I think it adjusts to whatever you're feeding it/doing to it.
I do use 100% aloe vera gel at home.
VERY important to know what you're doing with it and how to use it. Don't take any risks here.
As a COMPLETELY unrelated side note: So glad I paid over 200 bucks for this simple device. One should not purchase a replica from popular auction website from a foreign country for a fraction of the price of the name brand. No. Especially if it has the same effects down to the letter. But yeah, the NUFACE is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by lorena18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the nuface on my clients in the spa that i work in, and on myself. The results are outstanding. We cannot keep any in stock!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I purchased the Nuface Trinity in January and returned it in April. At first my results were good, you could see a small difference in the plumpness and lift between the left side and right side of my face. Althought that was great, the next morning it would be gone and of course, reading what other people have said, results are cumulative. Well after 3 months of daily use, the same thing would happen, plump and full after usage and then wakeup to the same old me. I didn't like the gel, it would dry up too fast, aloe vera seemed like a bad substitute as it didn't conduct well when I used it. I also didn't like the few zaps and tiny shocks it would give you when the gel dried up. And didn't like how it stimulates the optic nerve... overall, this would be a good temporary fix, for a red carpet event or whatever but no long term results.

Oh and I don't think this should be in the "toners" section, its a misc beauty tool.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the NuFace Trinity for six months. During the first two months, I did not notice much of a change in my facial appearance. After 60 days, I did notice a very subtle change in facial tone. It was not until the beginning of the fourth month of use that I finally saw significant change in my facial appearance. There is definition in my jawline and my jowls are diminishing. There is a very slight lift at my eyebrows but there definitely is a lift. My skin facial skin tone is improved. After 30 days, I would have returned this device as I really did not think it was worth the price tag and time. I had a 60 day trial period, so I decided to stick with it. Mainly, because I have read so much about the benefits of micro current and ultrasound facials. So, I used the device for the full 60 days, 5-7x week, and to be honest, I was on the fence. At that time, my esthetician was on the hunt for a "professional" ultrasound device for her business. She touted the results of her own experience with professional micro current treatments. Based on that, I elected to keep the Trinity and continue the treatments 4-5x a week. I am very glad I stuck with it - after six months, I am reaping the benefits. DO NOT USE THIS DEVICE NEAR THE EYES AND ORBITAL AREA. SEE THE NUFACE WEBSITE FOR VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF HOW TO USE THE DEVICE PROPERLY ON THE FACE, FOREHEAD AND JAWLINE. There is also a video on body treatments for stomach and thighs. This is a very expensive device made for home use. It is not as strong as professional devices used by estheticians. I don't believe anyone will see immediate results - it is not a miracle 10 minute face lift. It is a device that with use, will over time, improve facial tone. It stimulates the muscles and also helps serum treatments to penetrate deeper into the skin. I use Epicuren Aloe Vera Gel rather than the Nuface conductivity gel - it works best for me and does not dry up. The NuFace gel dries way too quickly and has a tacky feel.

I purchased the NuFace ELE attachment. The ELE ATTACHMENT did NOT deliver a current. Perhaps it was defective. RETURNED IT AND WILL NOT REPURCHASE THE ELE ATTACHMENT.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this faithfully for a week and saw absolutely no results. Put it down for a few days then used it again every other day and two weeks later- Eureka- my cheeks and jawline look noticeably better contoured. Mind you, I've been self-conscious of my slightly chubby cheeks since I was a teen and agonize over the slight droop in my jawline that no-one else seems to be aware of (or they're too nice to acknowledge it).

Anyway, I let the device beep at least three times in each spot rather than gliding over an area then going over it again. I haven't concentrated use on the brow area much but will update. By way of "proof": My boyfriend was asked to give my birthday (1946) to a female healthcare provider and she tried to correct him by saying, "nineteen SIXTY-seven, right?"
**EDIT 9/6/12*** So I used this faithfully for about 3 weeks then decided to loan it to a friend thinking I'd demand it back after a week or so... it's been months now and my face is still looking pretty darned good though I think I'll try another several sessions soon. Maybe for some the muscle re-setting is longer-lasting????

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by JJSJ3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Nuface device will give fantastic results. I noticed this the first time I used the product. Definately worth trying if you are in your mid 30's.- 40's.

I've heard that there is a new model out that is smaller.

Positives:
-immediate results
-it is a temporary wrinkle eraser
-tones overall skin
-if used on a regular basis, directions are followed via DVD. Nuface will show you how to sculpt your face. (i.e. cheekbones)

Negatives:
-Time; to achieve overall lasting results you must use the product consistently.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by JenessaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW!!! I bought this at Lord & Taylor bc it was on sale for $60! I wasent sure it would work, but tonite after the 2nd time i used it...I am beyond impressed! my skin looks so bright and fresh! Im really happy :) My skin does feel drier after..not sure what thats amout but I can live with that for these great results

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Gina613

Just received my NuFace yesterday (in Teal) and ALREADY I have seen results!!! I was very skeptical but decided to purchase from skinstore because they have good return policy and i had a 20% off coupon...yay! Anyways, I used it last night and WOW...immediate difference. I did the right side of my face first and it immediately looked thinner than the left side...insane! Also, I was starting to get the tiniest "waddle" under my chin...definite sign of saging skin...I held it on the wand on that spot for 10 seconds and then did it again for 10 seconds...IT DISAPPEARED INSTANTLY!!! I have had this less item than 24 hours and I am already writing a review so give it a try. I noticed they are also selling it on QVC and they also have an awesome return policy. I will update in a few weeks to let you all know how it is going...so far it's amazing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I love this device - can you tell??! lol I have the pink one (of course lol).

I was offered a microcurrent treatment (with the long, thin wands) at my regular salon and I loved the results. However, it is rather expensive and my salon offers it only in packs of 10 (at $100 per treatment, I just couldn't justify spending that much money). As soon as I got home, I hopped online and searched for at-home microcurrent devices and that's how I found NuFace. I can't remember from which e-tailer I purchased this but I had a 20% off coupon code for it, so it ended up being not terribly expensive.

No, this is not the same as the professional wands in a salon. However, it is as close as you can get to it without buying your own professional-grade microcurrent device. Plus, you can use it every day, so I think you can achieve nearly the same results.

After the FIRST use, my skin felt tighter (in a good way, not in a "dry" way) and I-swear-to-God lifted. My cheekbones are slightly more pronounced now. I use it horizontally and vertically - I do 3 passes horizontally first then 2 passes vertically.

I tried using just the spray and it hurt. So I use the gel (looks and feels like the gel they use for an ultrasound) and if it dries a bit, I'll spray it to re-wet it. I don't apply the gel all over my face - only to the area I'm doing at a time and then I wipe it off with a wash cloth. I have not gotten clogged pores from it.

Let it "warm up" a little (a few seconds). I test it on the back of my hand and once it "zaps" my hand, it's ready. However, if you have the conducter gel on your face, you shouldn't feel any zap/tingle at all. The only place it will tingle is when I'm going over a particularly painful zit and that's usually because I put some Yon-Ka Optimizer Lotion on underneath the gel. Also, start off on a lower setting and then work your way up to a higher setting.

After I use it, I clean the balls (now *that* was a dirty sentence! *giggle*) with an alcohol wipe. Then I put it back in its box. I lay a clean tissue underneath it to keep it "clean." I wish it came with a carrying case (and I gave it 4 Lippies for Packaging Quality because of this). When I travel, I put it in an old Sephora drawstring bag (I have tons of them from when they used to give them away for free online) and it fits nicely in there. However, I would have preferred a carrying case specifically designed for it.

Lastly, if you want to use this in conjunction with microdermabrasion (I have the NuBrilliance device), do the micro first. continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by SalleeAnn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I purchased this product I was a bit skeptical. I have had Titan, Laser Genesis Treatments and have monthly facials at my doctor's office that includes progressive peels, red light combined with microcurrent. I also I use high quality skin care products. The very first time I used this machine and my skin looked like I had just left my doctors office. I was shocked and amazed. I have only used this product for 3 days, but it is a visable difference. I am mulling the purchase of a Baby Quasar MD to use in combination with this unit. Has anyone used both?