November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - NuFACE - Microcurrent Facial Toning System

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Jancee

I have used both the NuFace Classic and Trinity. I loved the Classic so much I decided to leave it at our cabin and buy another one for our home. I discovered the Trinity model on the NuFace website and decided to purchase a "refreshed" model. It worked fine for a while, although the wrinkle reducer attachment seemed worthless so I tossed it.

Then one day I noticed a rattling inside the Trinity. That didn't seem good but it still worked so I kept using it. It eventually punked out and was not generating any current - I could put my bare hand on it at full strength and felt nothing. So I contacted NuFace and they said I could send it in for repairs. I think the cost for the repair was around $60 or $75.

By the time I got the Trinity back I was in the midst of a Viora treatment series and wanted to judge those results without the influence of NuFace. So I set the Trinity aside. After Viora I picked up the NuFace again and guess what - no current. So I tossed it and got another Classic. I could never stand that harsh blue light anyway. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by jojojovich

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

In a facial at a hotel in San Diego possibly a Hilton, with an in-hotel spa which used and sold these devices, including the under-eye version. I left my facial looking terrific! Somehow I'm unable to replicate my results from the facial at home using these devices. I must be "doing it wrong" though am doing as the directions advise, and what I remember their having done to my face.

I did look terrific, with my under-eye bags and fine wrinkles not showing post-facial by spa professionals using the NuFace devices. Maybe get a spa treatment and have them show you how to use them during the facial or immediately thereafter?

I feel like I'd like the same hand-holding / teaching re how to style my hair also! ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sorry but I am not convinced by many of the five star reviews left for this gadget. The style of many of the reviews is the same - triple exclamation marks and random words in caps for extra emphasis as to how FANTASTIC this machine is. Oh, and no follow up for many of the reviews. Check some out for yourself. I've just bought the Nu Face Trinity via QVC as I need something like this that actually works - I will be returning if it doesn't work for me and I WILL be updating my review!!! UPDATE: Well, I returned it approx. 24 days after receiving it. I could not tolerate the strange sensation and headaches I experienced when using it, nor the annoying rash. Then the device simply stopped working. I am looking into facial exercises as I think that's probably the best option for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the NuFACE Trinity PRO with the Ele and Wrinkle Reducer attachments. I had an 80 minute Ultimate Facial at the Four Seasons Spa (lovely) during which they used this little gem. I couldn't believe the instant magic it worked on my face so I bought the PRO version and the attachments, I have been using it once or twice daily for just over a month. It is a multi-solution professional device, FDA approved for at home use.It really works!!! I am focusing it on the areas around my lips and nasal labial folds and cannot believe how fast the lines and droopiness are disappearing. In conjunction with all my fabulous skin care products this is nothing short of a miracle! I used to look like I was frowning all the time, now I look uplifted and happy. With this and my rotation of various fabulous top notch products,I AM happy! Much better results and easier to use than my Quasar MD which I am giving to my mother in law!

UPDATE: 10/28/14: I've been using this since mid-July (first reviewed on 8/30/14 after using for 1+ months). As of October, the results continue to amaze and my skin just gets brighter, smoother and more beautiful.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kailee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got the nuface trinity and have used it 3 times so far. I just turned 35 and have started to be bothered by a tiny slackening of my skin under my neck. THIS THING IS AMAZING!! Wow!! Of course I will update as I use it longer but that little slackening under my neck is GONE! Also, my cheeks feel lifted and my whole face is tighter. I've always taken very good care of my skin, have been getting Botox as a preventative for 10 years, never been overweight, stay out of the sun, use retin a, and am hyper aware of aging. But nobody can stop gravity and I was starting to notice it ever so slightly in the past two years in the lower face and neck. I was even thinking of a lower face Ultherapy session but no more. Before anyone spends $2500 on Ultherapy get the Nuface trinity first. I'm SO excited!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like the Nuface toning system, but, I don't think that it likes me.

I recently purchased the "classic" model from Nuface at a really, reduced price. I started using immediately once I received it according to the instructions. I graduated to doing the "advanced" facial exercises.

Well, I discovered that when I held the device near my eyebrow and hairline areas, I would I would see a flashing light in my eyes and the hairs on my head would stand on end. It was a terrible feeling. I then began to to develop headaches after the sessions, so, I immediately stopped using it in this area.

I continued using the device in my cheek and neck area. But, I still experienced the strangest sensations following the exercise session. One evening was really bad. I could feel the skin on my scalp crawl and a strange pressure began to build on the top of my head. It scared me so. So, I decided to not use it every day.

But, even using it at a low setting and concentrating on just a single part of my face every day causes me to experience terrible sensations. So, even though, I believe that it is an effective for toning and firming the face, I am not sure that it is healthy tool for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by westcoast

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the old model...I bought the nuface micro current machine (the old model in grey) recently. I used it last Monday and Tuesday and noticed that there were some red bumps on the face. I stopped using it and the face got back to being smooth again. 5 days later I gave it another try and small red bumps shown up again. It's not big bumps in height but it's in width. They do not turn into pimples, and they give the face an uneven look. I used the conductive gel by nuface as well. I am not sure if it's the gel or it's the machine. I'd love to be able to continue to use it. Do any of you have any suggestion so that I can keep using it without getting bumps everything? Thanks.

So it seems ok when I use DoctorCros (Korean brand) gel face instead of Nuface's. Since I bought two tubes of Nuface and only opened the first one, I have the second tube, brand ne, unopened, for sale, at a much reduced price. If you are interested please email me purepurelips@yahoo.com. Thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the NuFace Trinity with the eye and lip attachment from Sephora as a bundle that cost less than the 2 items normally would if purchased seperately. I have been using it for about 3 weeks. It works so well that I wish I'd taken a " before" picture.

My eyes are definitely more open/ less hooded. My jawline is firmer. The area under my eyes is much firmer. I looked at the international instructions and have been using it on my neck which is where I have seen the most improvement. (The neck is not included in US instructions.) My neck improvement is so noticeable that even my husband noticed, and he tends to be a bit oblivious about such things. The only place I haven't seen much improvement is in my lip area.

I was very skeptical about this working, but Sephora has a generous return policy so I figured " what the heck?" I will not be returning this. I am glad I took a chance on this little gadget!

I would highly recommend this to anyone concerned with loss of firmness/ sagginess in the face or neck. If using on the neck, be sure to avoid the midline. Get it somewhere with a good return policy - NuFace only allows a return within 30 days so I'd try someplace else like Sephora or Nordstrom which will allow a longer test period. I saw results quickly but have read it may take awhile for others.

Edit- I put an after pic of me from this May in my profile. .Although the lighting is different in it from the July 2013 pic, I think you can see the lifting effect I got from the NuFace.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by fanofthe30s

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the NuFACE Trinity from QVC mainly because of the 90 day return policy. I highly doubt I will be returning it. It works. End of story.

Last year, I suffered four strokes.the last one drew the corners of my mouth down. I hoped the NuFACE would help that. Well, it is!!! It also has raised my drooping brow, and is erasing my double chin and turkey neck.

I'm using the Aloe Vera gel and it works fine. I've been using it for about a month now. Stay tuned for my updates!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the blue model from the Nuface website during their sale a couple of weeks ago. My eyelash technician who is an aesthetician, raves about Nuface. But she suggested the newer Trinity, newer, and $200 more than what I paid.I complained about my round face, and she suggested Nuface. I have a round face. I workout, but my face stays round. I considered going to Sonobello's (chin lipo). My face looks like a chipmunk, and my chin continues to be doubled. My chin makes my face looks like a round rubber ball. I bought the device, watched the Youtube videos, and began to use it.

I'm taking pictures. After one week, my face is thinning down, not round or puffy. You can really see it in the mirror. I was using it exactly as written, but now I use it 4 times instead of 3 times, as the instructions say.

I have a sample of Clinic serum, which did nothing for me, so I use it before I do the Nuface. Then I use the conductive gel (oh so little, it's lame, the gel is my only complaint.), on just the area I am working on. I do the sides of my neck, my chin, both cheeks, the sides of my eyes, and my forehead in 3 parts.

It doesn't take 5 minutes, more like 20. I've had it a week, and haven't skipped a night. 2-3 times a week, I exfoliate with the Ulta version of Clairsonic, with Oil of Olay Regenerist cleanser before using the Nuface.. You can't use a cleanser with oil. Using the sample of Clinque serum really makes a difference. I'm not about to pay $132 for a serum only to use it with Nuface.I might get the Nuface Serum, on Amazon it's slightly affordable.

I ordered Aloe Gel http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016AZE4K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 because throughout these reviews, I've read where others have done the same. It even suggests Aloe gel in the instructions, which is cheaper than Nuface by far. At this point, I wash my face after, Then I use Oil of Olay Regenerist serum, which is worthy of what it does. I used the Nuface on my hands, but had to turn it way down, and wasted more gel. I also had to turn it down on the sides of my neck.

When I begin using the Aloe gel, I won;t wash my face after.

Using the device 4 times on my face, instead of 3, has firmed it up. It's starting to not look like a rubber ball, Infact, I can really see a difference which is nearly phenomenal. It looks like I had Sonobello or Botox.. The Nuface Classic is a keeper, for the price I got it at. I also added a 2 year protection program, due to the reviews here.

I love the device. Not the gel, not a fan. Nor the packaging. I recently got an Ulta makeup bag freebie that is perfect. The could totally do better on the gel. I suspect, by the end of next week, the sample of gel I received with the Nuface will be gone. I would, 1. Include a case of some sort, and 2, the gel is sucky, and not worth reordering.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No