NuFACE Microcurrent Facial Toning System

on 5/10/2015 6:43:00 PM

I'm 62 and started the NuFace Trinity about a month ago. I quit using the tool because it was too painful to the extent it made my muscles twitch (extremely so and on LOW). And yes I was using the gel that came with it. Shortly after using the tool I started experiencing massive hair loss which to this day cannot figure out why! I quit using the tool since that was the only new thing I was doing and after 3 weeks of extreme hair loss and blood work (including an ultrasound on my thyroid) we still have no answers. BUT just this past week-end my hair stopped falling out, as quickly as it had begun! I'm too afraid to start using the NuFace as I loss about half my hair volume! I am now using the Lift Wand and Ultrsonic tool with awesome results! BE CAREFUL!! I'd love to know if anyone else experienced hair loss!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So disappointing! Being very self conscious of the significant sagging of my cheek area, and not being able to afford a surgical face lift, I was really excited this might tone and slightly lift my face.

For reference, I had full, almost chubby cheeks, but when I hit my late 30s (now 41), they totally deflated. Weight loss and gravity haven't helped matters... It is most noticable around the corners of mouth, where the looser skin likes to settle and form parentheses within parantheses within parentheses. You get the idea.
I've tried all kinds of face firming products (Strivectin face tightening serum, Bioelements Flaxx-C firming mask, derma e Firming DMAE Moisturizer, etc).

I started using this daily, or every other day, including the "advanced" moves, always on the highest setting.
I might think that I haven't been using it long enough, but I'very read too many reviews from people claiming that results were instant; as in the treated side of the face was noticably more lifted than the untreated side after just one use. I wasn't expect that kind of result, but I was hoping for SOMETHING. I've been using it for months, and don't notice ANY lifting effect.
It's pleasant to use, and the metal spheres feel nice gliding along the skin.
And I can feel a zapping when I get close to my hairline on my forehead, so I know the current is working. It simply doesnt produce any results.

And could NuFace maybe provide a gel bigger than a small tube of toothpaste?? What a rip!

on 2/21/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using the Nuface Trinity for over 30 days and I don't see any improvement in the sagging of my jawline. I use it daily for approximately 20 minutes. I do the advanced holds as well as the basic routine. I am stubbornly going to keep using it for another 30 days and hope for some visible improvement. I do see some improvement in the lifting of slightly saggy eyelids but it doesn't last very long (maybe 8 hrs). What I have noticed (unfortunately) is that I have become more critical of my saggy facial skin since using this device. Now I am deliberately inspecting my jawline/jowls on a daily basis looking for improvement. In frustration, I have decided to save my money for Ultherapy but continue to use this device for another 30 days just out of curiosity to see if it might miraculously retrain my facial muscles and sculpt my jawline. I am not looking for anything major-I just want my jowl area to improve like the before and after pictures on the Nuface website. On a positive note, I kind of like using the device. It is relaxing and I feel like it might allow oil-free serums to penetrate better. I don't have any problems with the gel drying out too soon because I do my face in sections. I have a mineral water spray that I can use if it does dry out but I generally don't have a problem with the gel. My plan is to hold out for 60 days. If there isn't any improvement in my jawline, I am going to stop this nonsense. Although I might occasionally use it to lift my eyelids for special occasions.

I hesitated a long long time to buy this bc I thought it was pricey for something that is probably not effective...but the countless glowing reviews and QVC 90 day return policy convinced me...and the verdict is...it works! I just looked at pictures I took 3 weeks apart after using it 6x a week for 7 minutes per session and there is a definite improvement in my slightly (but enough to bother me) 35 year old jowls. Wow. I'm only sorry I waited so long! It is not a face lift and it won't pick one's face off the floor at age 70 but it is great for prevention and for a little perk me up at any age. Yes, you have to keep using it and results are temporary but aren't all skin care products? Or anything in life for that matter! I am very happy with this and you should try it! If not, return it. Easy peasy!

on 11/18/2014 2:09:00 PM

I have used both the NuFace Classic and Trinity. I loved the Classic so much I decided to leave it at our cabin and buy another one for our home. I discovered the Trinity model on the NuFace website and decided to purchase a "refreshed" model. It worked fine for a while, although the wrinkle reducer attachment seemed worthless so I tossed it.

Then one day I noticed a rattling inside the Trinity. That didn't seem good but it still worked so I kept using it. It eventually punked out and was not generating any current - I could put my bare hand on it at full strength and felt nothing. So I contacted NuFace and they said I could send it in for repairs. I think the cost for the repair was around $60 or $75.

By the time I got the Trinity back I was in the midst of a Viora treatment series and wanted to judge those results without the influence of NuFace. So I set the Trinity aside. After Viora I picked up the NuFace again and guess what - no current. So I tossed it and got another Classic. I could never stand that harsh blue light anyway. :)

on 10/14/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

In a facial at a hotel in San Diego possibly a Hilton, with an in-hotel spa which used and sold these devices, including the under-eye version. I left my facial looking terrific! Somehow I'm unable to replicate my results from the facial at home using these devices. I must be "doing it wrong" though am doing as the directions advise, and what I remember their having done to my face.

I did look terrific, with my under-eye bags and fine wrinkles not showing post-facial by spa professionals using the NuFace devices. Maybe get a spa treatment and have them show you how to use them during the facial or immediately thereafter?

I feel like I'd like the same hand-holding / teaching re how to style my hair also! ;)

Sorry but I am not convinced by many of the five star reviews left for this gadget. The style of many of the reviews is the same - triple exclamation marks and random words in caps for extra emphasis as to how FANTASTIC this machine is. Oh, and no follow up for many of the reviews. Check some out for yourself. I've just bought the Nu Face Trinity via QVC as I need something like this that actually works - I will be returning if it doesn't work for me and I WILL be updating my review!!! UPDATE: Well, I returned it approx. 24 days after receiving it. I could not tolerate the strange sensation and headaches I experienced when using it, nor the annoying rash. Then the device simply stopped working. I am looking into facial exercises as I think that's probably the best option for me. UPDATE: I just don't think I'm in it for the long haul with facial exercises, being forgetful and bored easily. I've just ordered the Light Stim and I will put up my review in a few weeks.

on 8/30/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am reviewing the NuFACE Trinity PRO with the Ele and Wrinkle Reducer attachments. I had an 80 minute Ultimate Facial at the Four Seasons Spa (lovely) during which they used this little gem. I couldn't believe the instant magic it worked on my face so I bought the PRO version and the attachments, I have been using it once or twice daily for just over a month. It is a multi-solution professional device, FDA approved for at home use.It really works!!! I am focusing it on the areas around my lips and nasal labial folds and cannot believe how fast the lines and droopiness are disappearing. In conjunction with all my fabulous skin care products this is nothing short of a miracle! I used to look like I was frowning all the time, now I look uplifted and happy. With this and my rotation of various fabulous top notch products,I AM happy! Much better results and easier to use than my Quasar MD which I am giving to my mother in law!

UPDATE: 10/28/14: I've been using this since mid-July (first reviewed on 8/30/14 after using for 1+ months). As of October, the results continue to amaze and my skin just gets brighter, smoother and more beautiful.

UPDATE 2: 5/28/15: The fab results have tapered off. I think it has done as much as it can do. I still use it and like it and my derm approves of it (does not sell it) but unfortunately, I am now finding it does not give the same spectacular results as it did in the beginning. Using now 2X per week for maintenance and on special occasions since I was also told by my dermatologist that the microcurrent lift, although good, realistically only lasts for 24 hours (not permanent). This is disappointing news. When I was using it every day, I didn't know it wasn't building permanent results. I'd probably still buy it again, but it's not quite as wonderful as I first thought.

on 8/28/2014 6:21:00 PM

I just got the nuface trinity and have used it 3 times so far. I just turned 35 and have started to be bothered by a tiny slackening of my skin under my neck. THIS THING IS AMAZING!! Wow!! Of course I will update as I use it longer but that little slackening under my neck is GONE! Also, my cheeks feel lifted and my whole face is tighter. I've always taken very good care of my skin, have been getting Botox as a preventative for 10 years, never been overweight, stay out of the sun, use retin a, and am hyper aware of aging. But nobody can stop gravity and I was starting to notice it ever so slightly in the past two years in the lower face and neck. I was even thinking of a lower face Ultherapy session but no more. Before anyone spends $2500 on Ultherapy get the Nuface trinity first. I'm SO excited!

on 7/16/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I do like the Nuface toning system, but, I don't think that it likes me.

I recently purchased the "classic" model from Nuface at a really, reduced price. I started using immediately once I received it according to the instructions. I graduated to doing the "advanced" facial exercises.

Well, I discovered that when I held the device near my eyebrow and hairline areas, I would I would see a flashing light in my eyes and the hairs on my head would stand on end. It was a terrible feeling. I then began to to develop headaches after the sessions, so, I immediately stopped using it in this area.

I continued using the device in my cheek and neck area. But, I still experienced the strangest sensations following the exercise session. One evening was really bad. I could feel the skin on my scalp crawl and a strange pressure began to build on the top of my head. It scared me so. So, I decided to not use it every day.

But, even using it at a low setting and concentrating on just a single part of my face every day causes me to experience terrible sensations. So, even though, I believe that it is an effective for toning and firming the face, I am not sure that it is healthy tool for everyone.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools