July 29, 2014 | 1554 users online

Cleansers - Agg-Tval Lanolin Eggwhite Facial Soap

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I always find these classic products to be so charming, but unfortunately this soap broke me out. I think that it certainly lives up to its claims because my skin was so much brighter, I just don't recommend if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks, LadyWednesday! On your rec I bought some, and I like it a lot, too. As an aside, when I got the box, it looked and smelled very familiar. I'm positive it's the same stuff my grandmother who passed when I was small used to use. I remember looking at the box back then and thinking it was so pretty, like the illustrations in an ancient edition of Heidi.

Anyway, this stuff *is* great. It feels a bit more drying while I'm in the tub with it than my standard Dove bar, and it creates a bathtub ring LIKE WHOA, but I've noticed that the little dry patches I often get from overzealous Retin-A spackling haven't been around since I've been using it. I'm certain it's not bc I've been more careful with the spackling, heh. Oddly enough, despite feeling "squeaky" while bathing, my skin feels much less dry once I'm out of the tub & dried off. Also, the KP I get on my upper arms has gone away despite me completely slacking off on the other things I was pummeling it into submission with! YAY. For that alone, it's a winner.

DH said it smells kind of powdery, but to me it smells faintly like rosewater. And my grandma :) I know smelling like old lady perfume isn't something a lot of MUAers strive toward, but I find it nostalgically pleasant.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ladywednesday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At this point, I am obligated to write a review because I have raved about this soap on Cafe so much other people are buying it... so here's what you can expect...

It's cheap. Considering what we will spend for face care, it's pennies. $4 a bar, cheaper per unit if you buy a 6 pack online. I stumbled across it at a local store, and since I am a sucker for cute packaging and quirky (ooooh, egg whites? what will THIS do?) I bought it.

It smells lovely. I don't really get rose from it... I smell a creamy floral scent. It will smell up your bathroom, but the scent doesn't stick on your face.

So, practical application: I wet the bar, rub it in my hands for about 10 seconds- yes, that's all- and rub it on my face. I do use this with a soft bristled facial brush (earth theraputics, if you are interested) Using the brush, I get lots of foam and I rub it all over my face. Then rinse off.

Ok, LW- BUT WHAT DOES IT DO? RESULTS?

My pores are smaller. My skin is glowy and bright. Hey, I am 40 years old... my skin hasn't looked this fresh in years. I use CS Whipped Foundation, and whereas I love it (and i need something that lasts 12 hrs+ at work) it clogs my skin... this soap helps tremendously. It has improved my skin more than any other product I have tried. (could be the facial brush too, but the two of them together are phenomenal.)

I have a small patch of melasima (sic?) that is fading. In. Just. Two. Weeks.
My clogged, congested skin... is clearing. Faster than I thought possible, and visibly for the first time in 2 yrs.

NOTE: DO NOT GET IN EYES. DO NOT USE IT FOR EYE MU. YOU WILL FEEL LIKE YOU JUST WENT BLIND. YES, IT HURTS THAT BAD.

Using the brush to clean and get lots of foamy lather, I then leave it on for anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes. Eggwhites have been used for years as a beauty treatment to tighten pores and tighten skin in general.

My skin is basically normal. This would be probably be drying for very dry skin, and people with oily skin may not find it anything special. For me, I have found something I don't want to be with out.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin with dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, and when I first started college, I was getting enormous red pimples on my forehead. I don't really know if it was the new environment or the unlimited dining hall food or something out-of-place about my skincare routine, but when I used this soap, my skin cleared up immediately and I haven't gotten the terrible acne that I used to have. My pores are still a bit large, but my skin has ended up very clean and bright and clear.
Here's what I do: I first wet my face with warm water and then rub the soap all over my face. Then I massage the area with my hands for a minute or two and rinse with cold water to close my pores. The soap can dry on your skin, so you have to use a lot of water. Also, don't get it in your eye, because it really hurts. You should probably use a makeup remover beforehand for eye and other makeup, although this soap is very cleansing.
There are six little soaps in the box that it came with and I paid thirty dollars (including shipping), so that comes out to five dollars a bar, but the soaps last for a very long time. The eggwhites help both to moisturize and exfoliate the face, and the scent of the soap is a very pleasant fresh (not perfumey) rose.
I would highly recommend this product for others with combination skin, although the moisturizing properties of this soap would benefit the dry-skinned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I received a bar of this face soap, and I must say that I am hooked on it ! Apparently, this beauty product is a big hit in Korea, and is featured very heavily in many magazines.

This face soap is primarily made up from egg-white, which is known for its exfoliating and pore-minimizing properties. It lathers very well upon contact with water, creating a creamy rich lather.

I use this as a substitute as a cleanser day and night, and I must say it made my skin finer, and does not dry out the skin at all. According to the instructions, you can also double it up as a pore-cleansing mask by leaving it onto your skin for 3 mins before rinsing off.

I gave it only 4 lippie, because this soap can make my skin look raw (red), if I leave it on for too long. All in all, amazing product at an affordable price (you can purchase this in e-bay at approx USD5/bar)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unique soap, foams up really well, cleans fairly well, and leaves skin feeling tight. Also pretty cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Allisun

I received a bar of this stuff from a friend who got a set free with a purchase she made. A quick google search showed that it's about 5.00 USD for one bar. I had it sitting around for awhile but didn't get around to trying it now and I have to say, I wish I tried it earlier. My skin is really dry but this felt really nice on my skin. It's like getting an eggwhite facial in a soap. I remember my mom doing those the old fashioned way with a thin cloth and egg whites and wondering why they were brushing their faces with egg whites like they were pastry lol but now I know why. Anyhoo, the company is Victoria Scandanavian Soap AB and seem to have a lot of cute soaps on their page. The name of the soap is Lanolin Eggwhite Soap or Lanolin-Ägg-Tvål. The smell is nice and it is recommended for dry or sensitive skin and you should leave it on for about 5 minutes as it lathers and then rinse off for the maximum benefit. I really like it. Glad my friend was generous enough to give one to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by missix

I've loved this soap ever since I bought it on a whim from eBubbles. It clears up mild breakouts without being drying and always leaves my skin looking great. Combined with the great price and adorable packaging, it's an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Who would have guessed I would find my HG cleanser in an antique store? I stumbled upon this gem when browsing through the antique store I frequent. I was immediately drawn to the super cute old school box they came in. Being an esthetician I'm insanely picky about my skin care products and am always skeptical about product claims.

Hailing from Sweden, this soap contains lanolin, glycerine, egg white powder, and rose water. It smells like roses but is fresh instead of heavy. The instructions recommend you do an initial cleansing then follow up by cleansing a second time but leaving the lather on your face for 5 minutes. I've done egg white facials in the past and doing the 5 minute lather mask produces the same result. I never say this about about most products, but I swear it did give me a nice glow. Love it!

So far I've had no problems on my normal/combo slightly sensitive skin. No breakouts since I began using it 4 months ago. Doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky and stripped afterward and produces a creamy lather. My skin has transitioned from late summer, the 2 weeks of fall we get in NC, and to winter with no problems or dryness. The real test will come this summer when it gets unbearably humid.

One bars lasts you about a month and I got a 6 pack for $18. Can be found on Amazon and any number of online soap retailers. Be sure to double check any health food stores. The value of this stuff is incredible. No animal testing, good scent, great results and cute box I use to store my makeup in. I highly recommend giving it a shot. Will buy again forever.