October 23, 2014 | 2041 users online

Cleansers - Agg-Tval Lanolin Eggwhite Facial Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got mine from a local pharmacy in Hong Kong, packed individually with a royal blue plastic soap case printed with their logo, cute! On the package, it said you could use it as a facial soap or a facial mask, leaving the foam on for 5-10 mins, and then rinse it off. This is not a foamy soap, the foam disappears as soon as you smear it on, almost.

Been using it for a week. The scent is mild, rose water scent mostly. After rinsing, it does have some kind of slight drying effect, and I suspect that this drying effect has something to do with healing acnes or pimples. Also seems to brighten/ lighten your complexion a bit, leaves my skin silky and glowy soft. I don't have any skin problem, so I haven't experienced anything dramatic as some other MUAers claimed, but will continue to use it and see the long term benefits of it. I think I have come to an age which I would prefer something simple, effective and reasonably-priced, nonetheless, this soap does everything what a soap is supposed to do, will re-purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am scared I will jinx myself but I have been using this at night to remove my face makeup with a washcloth. Sometimes I use Dermalogica or LUSH toner on top. In the AM I just use toner. My skin has NO zits or dry spots and my rosacea is also not flared up. I cannot recall the last time my skin was this clear. Today, I went to work with only concealer, blush, lipgloss and eyeliner on. No foundation. I cannot recall last time when I was able to do that. Usually I need foundation to look professional. Now this soap will probably work even better cuz I do not need to remove heavy makeup anymore. Unbelievable. Hope my luck lasts. I am 43 with combo sensitive skin. Now I just have nice clear skin. My derm is going to think it is all his prescriptions. Nope. this soap rocks, and is cheap.
ONLY ISSUE IS: DO NOT GET THIS IN YOUR EYES OR REMOVE EYE MAKEUP WITH IT. BAD BAD BAD! I can live with that. I just use makeup remover or a milder cleanser for the eye area.
I would rebuy this soap as long as it gives me the skin I have today.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I always find these classic products to be so charming, but unfortunately this soap broke me out. I think that it certainly lives up to its claims because my skin was so much brighter, I just don't recommend if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks, LadyWednesday! On your rec I bought some, and I like it a lot, too. As an aside, when I got the box, it looked and smelled very familiar. I'm positive it's the same stuff my grandmother who passed when I was small used to use. I remember looking at the box back then and thinking it was so pretty, like the illustrations in an ancient edition of Heidi.

Anyway, this stuff *is* great. It feels a bit more drying while I'm in the tub with it than my standard Dove bar, and it creates a bathtub ring LIKE WHOA, but I've noticed that the little dry patches I often get from overzealous Retin-A spackling haven't been around since I've been using it. I'm certain it's not bc I've been more careful with the spackling, heh. Oddly enough, despite feeling "squeaky" while bathing, my skin feels much less dry once I'm out of the tub & dried off. Also, the KP I get on my upper arms has gone away despite me completely slacking off on the other things I was pummeling it into submission with! YAY. For that alone, it's a winner.

DH said it smells kind of powdery, but to me it smells faintly like rosewater. And my grandma :) I know smelling like old lady perfume isn't something a lot of MUAers strive toward, but I find it nostalgically pleasant.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ladywednesday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At this point, I am obligated to write a review because I have raved about this soap on Cafe so much other people are buying it... so here's what you can expect...

It's cheap. Considering what we will spend for face care, it's pennies. $4 a bar, cheaper per unit if you buy a 6 pack online. I stumbled across it at a local store, and since I am a sucker for cute packaging and quirky (ooooh, egg whites? what will THIS do?) I bought it.

It smells lovely. I don't really get rose from it... I smell a creamy floral scent. It will smell up your bathroom, but the scent doesn't stick on your face.

So, practical application: I wet the bar, rub it in my hands for about 10 seconds- yes, that's all- and rub it on my face. I do use this with a soft bristled facial brush (earth theraputics, if you are interested) Using the brush, I get lots of foam and I rub it all over my face. Then rinse off.

Ok, LW- BUT WHAT DOES IT DO? RESULTS?

My pores are smaller. My skin is glowy and bright. Hey, I am 40 years old... my skin hasn't looked this fresh in years. I use CS Whipped Foundation, and whereas I love it (and i need something that lasts 12 hrs+ at work) it clogs my skin... this soap helps tremendously. It has improved my skin more than any other product I have tried. (could be the facial brush too, but the two of them together are phenomenal.)

I have a small patch of melasima (sic?) that is fading. In. Just. Two. Weeks.
My clogged, congested skin... is clearing. Faster than I thought possible, and visibly for the first time in 2 yrs.

NOTE: DO NOT GET IN EYES. DO NOT USE IT FOR EYE MU. YOU WILL FEEL LIKE YOU JUST WENT BLIND. YES, IT HURTS THAT BAD.

Using the brush to clean and get lots of foamy lather, I then leave it on for anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes. Eggwhites have been used for years as a beauty treatment to tighten pores and tighten skin in general.

My skin is basically normal. This would be probably be drying for very dry skin, and people with oily skin may not find it anything special. For me, I have found something I don't want to be with out.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin with dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, and when I first started college, I was getting enormous red pimples on my forehead. I don't really know if it was the new environment or the unlimited dining hall food or something out-of-place about my skincare routine, but when I used this soap, my skin cleared up immediately and I haven't gotten the terrible acne that I used to have. My pores are still a bit large, but my skin has ended up very clean and bright and clear.
Here's what I do: I first wet my face with warm water and then rub the soap all over my face. Then I massage the area with my hands for a minute or two and rinse with cold water to close my pores. The soap can dry on your skin, so you have to use a lot of water. Also, don't get it in your eye, because it really hurts. You should probably use a makeup remover beforehand for eye and other makeup, although this soap is very cleansing.
There are six little soaps in the box that it came with and I paid thirty dollars (including shipping), so that comes out to five dollars a bar, but the soaps last for a very long time. The eggwhites help both to moisturize and exfoliate the face, and the scent of the soap is a very pleasant fresh (not perfumey) rose.
I would highly recommend this product for others with combination skin, although the moisturizing properties of this soap would benefit the dry-skinned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I received a bar of this face soap, and I must say that I am hooked on it ! Apparently, this beauty product is a big hit in Korea, and is featured very heavily in many magazines.

This face soap is primarily made up from egg-white, which is known for its exfoliating and pore-minimizing properties. It lathers very well upon contact with water, creating a creamy rich lather.

I use this as a substitute as a cleanser day and night, and I must say it made my skin finer, and does not dry out the skin at all. According to the instructions, you can also double it up as a pore-cleansing mask by leaving it onto your skin for 3 mins before rinsing off.

I gave it only 4 lippie, because this soap can make my skin look raw (red), if I leave it on for too long. All in all, amazing product at an affordable price (you can purchase this in e-bay at approx USD5/bar)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unique soap, foams up really well, cleans fairly well, and leaves skin feeling tight. Also pretty cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Allisun

I received a bar of this stuff from a friend who got a set free with a purchase she made. A quick google search showed that it's about 5.00 USD for one bar. I had it sitting around for awhile but didn't get around to trying it now and I have to say, I wish I tried it earlier. My skin is really dry but this felt really nice on my skin. It's like getting an eggwhite facial in a soap. I remember my mom doing those the old fashioned way with a thin cloth and egg whites and wondering why they were brushing their faces with egg whites like they were pastry lol but now I know why. Anyhoo, the company is Victoria Scandanavian Soap AB and seem to have a lot of cute soaps on their page. The name of the soap is Lanolin Eggwhite Soap or Lanolin-Ägg-Tvål. The smell is nice and it is recommended for dry or sensitive skin and you should leave it on for about 5 minutes as it lathers and then rinse off for the maximum benefit. I really like it. Glad my friend was generous enough to give one to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by missix

I've loved this soap ever since I bought it on a whim from eBubbles. It clears up mild breakouts without being drying and always leaves my skin looking great. Combined with the great price and adorable packaging, it's an amazing product!