September 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Jerdon's - 5x Deluxe Lighted Makeup Mirror

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by tbabi

I have the Jerdon two-sided oval halo lighted vanity mirror. I initially bought this mirror because it was so large and it had various magnifications, but today after 5 months of having this mirror, the little magnification mirror fell out leaving a huge hole. I tried to stick it back in but it doesn't fit flush to the mirror the way it did. I barely used the mirror so I feel like this is a complete waste of money. The mirror wasn't cheap to begin with so if your considering getting this mirror, don't. I think it was the light bulb that melted the glue causing the little mirror to fall out, which is disappointing because the side of the mirror has slits so the heat can escape and keep it cool so this type of thing doesn't happen.

I also dislike this mirror because the lighting is yellow not white which makes your makeup look weird when your in public. You think you've done such a beautiful job just to find out it was deceiving you all along. If you can replace the bulb with a white bulb than you can fix that problem but the mini mirror falling out was so disappointing, I know I will definitely NOT be repurchasing and you shouldn't purchase it either.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by DoctorMondo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had my Jerdon for about three months. I'm kinda looking forward to this mirror dying on me because I dislike it so much. I need a magnifying mirror because I'm sooooo nearsighted. The mirror quality itself is fine. There are a couple of problems. The light is NOT bright enough and the stand is unstable. I always feel like it's going to fall on to the wooden floor and break in to a million pieces.

Pros:
Provides some light
Magnifies
Light bulbs can be replaced
Affordable

Cons:
Unstable
Light not bright enough and unnatural on the 'natural daylight' setting. Makes me look yellow

This mirror was well reviewed on Amazon. I wish I had listened to the reviews here instead. Bummer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mirror lasted me 5 months. I turned this mirror on this morning to do my makeup and after about 30 seconds the lights dimmed and went out, I thought it was odd so I switch the mirror off and then on again. As soon as I did the bottom portion of the mirror near the lighting switch to control the light started to sizzle and crackle, then I heard a zap and I knew it was over. I think the motor (or whatever it is) burned out because I now smell burnt plastic. It was an ok mirror; the light wasn't quite bright enough... I wasn't sure it was truly mimicking natural day light. The side mirrors were convenient when I was doing my hair. The best part of this mirror was the 5x side which allowed me to see everything on my face up close and person. Overall it was an ok mirror but I'm really upset it crapped out after only 5 months. I will know be replacing this with an Ottlite and pray I have better luck with that brand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Don't waste your money!
I have owned two of these mirrors which range in price from $30 to $50 dollars. I paid $40 at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
First one lasted four years so I bought a second which died after 3 months. bulbs or switch? Who knows.
The mirror has two sides regular and 5X magnification, also two side mirrors and all the mirrors are adjustable. There are four settings. I used day the most. The lighting from the tubular fluorescent bulbs are very good however, The bulbs can't be replaced so when they die that's all folks. You could buy another one, the company would like that. Me.... Never again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by barbie54

Ok, loved this mirror but the lights "died" this morning, not to mention this is my THIRD one this year!!! I don't think I've had this but a few months. Also there is no way to just replace the lights. So even though the mirror looks brand new it's going in the trash. I noticed the review before mine had the same problem. I like the mirror so much that I thought that the first one I bought had a manufactures problem because when I plugged it in it just would flicker then go out. So I brought it back and got another one, well that one lasted 3 weeks....same problem. At least this one last a few months but now I am out of a mirror and can't return. On the hunt for a good mirror that will last for more than a few months. Years ago I had one (can't remember the name) but that thing lasted me for years and years and I use everyday. They just don't make things like they used to!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to buy this mirror over a very similar one of a more reliable brand (i.e., Conair) because it was a dollar cheaper and looked exactly the same (I'm guessing this is a knockoff, seeing as how I've found very little information on the brand Jerdon and how amazingly similar it is to the Conair). I thought that the quality of the lighting was actually pretty good (I prefer Jerdon's clear "day" setting to Conair's, which is yellowish), but changing between the four light settings (day, office, evening, and home) was very difficult. Unlike the Conair mirror, which has a circular-turning knob that switches to different amounts of light provided, the Jerdon mirror has a knob that slides left to right, circulating through different-colored filters that cover the original light, and it takes a little muscle to slide the knob. Pretty cheap quality. I will say, however, that I prefer the Jerdon's trifold mirrors to the Conair's; you can adjust the side mirrors on the Jerdon to larger angles as compared to the Conair. But then, after four days of use....busted. The lights wouldn't turn on, no matter how much I tried and how many outlets I used. On the front of the Jerdon, there is an outlet that you can use for a hair-styling tool, and I'm disappointed because I never even got a chance to try it out before the mirror broke. (I plugged in my flat iron after the lights stopped working just to see if it would work, and my iron did not heat up.) I returned the mirror and got the Conair one. Lesson learned: it's just a dollar.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No