December 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neocutis - Blanche Skin Lightening Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by spasovski

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff really works. I combine it with a Retin A and the results are even better. It takes a few weeks to see results but well worth it. U need to avoid sun and wear sunscreen when using this product. My skin looks milky and smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have cystic acne that can cause discolorations when not treated properly (that means I squeezed it). I have been using regular hydroquinone for many years but Im in love with the Neocutis Blanche.
It cleared my spots quickly. I could see the mark fading within 2 days. Its been 2 months now and the spots I used it on have not come back. I am religious about sunblock though.
The only drawback is the price but I'm willing to deal with it because this really works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by tahitian11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Lengthy review* Featured in (Sept or October 2009) Allure mag. Claims to be more effective at removing brown spots /photopigmentation damage by disrupting the pathway at which this occurs and combining hydroquinone with Melaplex, a skin brightening agent. This new formulation is aimed at being more tolerable to those sensitive to hydroquinone.
My experience: After using this for 6-8 wks, at nightime, 3 or 4 times a week, I saw significant reduction of brown spots/ photopigmentation caused from my bcp use on my cheeks and nose. I have tried EpiQuin Micro (also 4% rx only hydroquinone), and found EpiQuin to be greasy and brownish in color, plus it made me break out-- not badly, but enough to make me question if the pros of usage outweighed the cons.
However-- with Neocutis, I found the formula the be light, more easily absorbed and white in color, which after sinking into skin, could really be worn under makeup in the daytime without much problem (not that you should really be wearing this in the daytime, but anyhow). It did not make me break out-- although during the first week or two, my skin did sting slightly upon usage.
As we already know, with any hyrdoquinone agent, results are even better when combined with retin-a, which I added after 5 wks of Neocutis usage. I used retin-a 0.025%, very small dosage. This helped IMMENSELY and hastened the lightening process even more.
SO-- final verdict---It is better tolerated than other hydroquinone treatments. My skin is pretty resistant though, so I may not be a good guinea pig. It worked faster and more gently than other comparable products. It is slightly better for more sensitive skin able to tolerate hydroquinone. However, it IS still hydroquinone. Results are better when combined with a retinoid. Would I repurchase? Yes, but the tube is a good size, so I won't need to anytime soon. Also, it is VERY expensive and not covered by most insurance plans. It is Rx only, however it can be purchased at select medical/dermatology salons WITHOUT a prescription. Also, it is fairly new on the market, so more studies need to be done to further justify this product. With all that being said, I'm very happy with my results.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No