November 23, 2014 | 2068 users online

Treatments (Face) - Concha Nacar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

One of my favorite masks.
Really helps brighten the skin especially if used regularly.
Helps even tone and clear the skin.
I have used this for as long as I can remember probably 10-12 years.
Always have great results.

I use my ELF Studio Angled Foundation Brush to apply most of my facial masks but with this one I just dip the "cleansed" end of the handle into the product to stir it up as recommended and then scrap off the excess product and I apply what is left on the handle. It is the perfect amount.

I prefer this to my turmeric mask since I get the same brightening effect and results, best part is it's already done I do not have to make it.

The price is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Because I don't think I can add anymore to the reviews, I'm going to keep this short - makes a great scrub/ mask. I apply this in the shower - I work it into my skin, making sure to concentrate on my dark patches and chin area for a good minute and leave it on until the end of my shower and then rinse. I guess because the shower is kind-of like a steam room, that would account for the warming sensation I get when I use it and when I get out of the shower and dry my face, my face has a pretty "new-skin" glow/ flush to it. I bought mine at Walgreens for about $6 USD and plan to stock my shower with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ProductvilleAdmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product's ingredients were recently re-formulated without the ingredient papain.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Concha Nacar de Perlop Natural Bleach Cream alone, not including the other products from the recommended Concha Nacar regimen, which include Cream Limpiador, Concha Nacar de Perlop Protective Day Skin Cream, and Concha Nacar de Perlop Night Repair Skin Cream. I have tried everything I've ever heard of for battling discolorations including hydroquinine, kojic acid, licorice, etc. It is widely believed that Concha Nacar can stimulate cell renewal. For lightening, I get my best results from Vitamin C serum + Concha Nacar masks 3x per week. I used to use Madre Perla Crema Blanqueadora because it was readily available at my CVS. I haven't been able to find it here in AZ, so I purchased de Perlop at WalMart for under $5.00! Concha Nacar de Perlop Natural Bleach Cream is a very thick, stiff cream that contains particles of concha nacar (oyster shell), which exfoliate, and leave a pearly glow on skin. The shell powder feels a lot like sand. In addition to the concha nacar, this cream contains lemon juice, which can lighten skin, and salicylic acid, which is an exfoliant.This product does not contain "papain", according to the ingredients list on my box, however, I think an earlier formulation of this product did have papain. I use Concha Nacar as a face mask on my darkened areas. I rub it in, and leave it on for an hour. It doesn't melt into skin, it dries white, and hardens. When rinsing with warm water, it feels just like any regular facial scrub.The thorough exfoliation alone gives my face a noticeable "glow", but I definitely see less contrast in the darkened areas as well. This is a simple, refreshing treatment that smells nice as makes my skin feel invigorated. For the price I highly recommend it.

I have also used the Grisi brand of Concha Nacar, and I didn't have as dramatic lightening results with it. However, I think maybe the Grisi brand would be better for sensitive skin. Concha Nacar de Perlop is a heavy-duty scrub/mask that could likely irritate very easily. The Grisi Concha Nacar is a soft, silky cream that makes a great moisturizing night cream! Unlike any other pearl cream I've tried, Grisi Concha Nacar is absorbed into skin and you don't wash it off after an hour. It has a fairly strong perfumey scent that dissipates a bit. It's a soapy kind of fragrance, so it's not too bothersome for me. This formulation of Concha Nacar seems to be to moisturize, not exfoliate.

My review of Madre Perla de Ultratez is here on Makeupalley as well.

Ingredients Concha Nacar de Perlop:
Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Ground Barley, Water, Oyster Shell, Lemon Juice, Honey, Witch Hazel, Bentonite, Irish Moss, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Ingredients Concha Nacar Crema Solida facial y corporeal:
Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oil, Propylene glycol, Peg-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Cetearyl alcohol, Zinc stearate, Magnesium sulfate, Imidazolidinyl urea, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Calcium carbonate, Propylparaben, Pteria sterna (mother of pearl), Magnesium ascorbic phosphate, BHT.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

I generally try to follow Paula's Choice skincare advice. Although this product is not reviewed by her, I know that witch hazel which contains alcohol is a big no-no, and I think so is papain. At least this product has an easy to decipher ingredients list. Anyway, even though this product has some fairly good simple ingredients, and even though the "bad" ingredients are probably only present in small amounts, I'm sure Paula would not approve of me using this. I bought this a long time ago, before I followed Paula's advice. Still even now, I can't help coming back to it sporadically because I really like the results. It is my one deviation from my usual regimen. Every so often I feel like my skin looks kind of lousy -just dull and congested. So I spend about half an hour extracting blackheads then put this mask on for between 30 to 60 minutes. When I remove it my skin looks brighter, more even toned, smoother and just overall healthier. I'm not sure what ingredients in this are doing this. Maybe the lemon juice and oyster shell. For whatever reason it just makes my skin look so nice. This works better for me than any of the more pricey glycolic peels or vitamin c products I've used. I can't help always coming back to it despite the ingredients. Oh well. I don't use it that often, like I said, just sporadically whenever my skin just needs a pick-me-up. Partly because I don't often have time to leave this on long enough for it to work its magic. I should also mention it's kind of messy too with all these little bits of oyster shell or whatever that can get in your hair, on your clothes, etc. and are hard to clean off your wash rag after you've rinsed. It never dries on your face either so you avoid that tight, uncomfortable mask feeling but it can also feel kind of annoying and crumbly on your face. That's why I don't use it all the time. But still I'm giving this a 4, because it really does do its job. And in spite of its problems I have repurchased this twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Flakiisz1o0

When I first used this product, I used it as a mask and left it on my face for about an hour or more. (I read that the longer you leave it on, the better the effects) but for my sensitive skin, it irritated my skin and my skin was red for a while. However, I did notice my skin was smoother and softer. Now I use it as an exfoliator (it has small grains that dissolve when rubbed in) after I have cleansed my skin. It is very gentle on my skin (my face gets very irritated when I exfoliate no matter what the product is) and it does not irritate it at all! My skin feels great, soft, and smooth. I have noticed my acne scarring fading away but not completely. I try to use this product about 3 times a week and when I don't use it my skin looks and feels dead and dry. I enjoy the fact that it has a lot of natural ingredients such as oyster shell, lemon juice, and honey. I always shake it before I apply it. I actually really enjoy using this product

Some cons are that the smell is not that pleasant but it is tolerable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by preciouspearl01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Concha Nacar De Perlop Bleach Cream

Love this product! I use it every other day and leave it on for an hour and my god does my skin feel smooth when ive washed it off. Not sure about the skin lightening affect though, too early to say yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After seeing an article in which celebrity makeup artist Kathy Jeung swore by this stuff, I decided to invest all of $5 in a container of this. I'm currently recovering from my first acne flare-up in years, and have been trying to counteract the damage with a bevy of masks and creams from brands like Clarins, Fresh, Kiehl's and Philosophy. I have very dry/sensitive skin and am therefore limited in the products I am comfortable sampling. Many brands are pretty heavy-handed with chemicals, so I have to avoid most of the mainstream acne-vanquishing products. All of the products I have used in the last few weeks have been either ineffective or exacerbated my remaining blemishes. I was literally at my wit's end, so I tried this. The first 5 min stung ever so slightly, but this eventually subsided. After an hour, I washed it off and was surprised that my skin was not raw at all - despite the initial sting. In fact, my dull, acne-ravaged skin was transformed. It glowed all night and was noticeably softer/plumper/healthy-looking. I am so surprised.

UPDATE 12/18/2012: I've been using this once a week or so for about an hour since my first review and can say that it substantially reduces the darkness of my acne scar discolorations after each use. Forget Clarins Bright Plus Night Cream. Forget Clinique Even Better. And definitely forget about Mario Badescu Healing & Soothing Mask. THIS WORKS.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love the "hispanic" section of beauty products because it's generally cheap and there are usually things that are time-tested (you'll note gentian violet, vitamin e oil, and iodine tincture are usually in the same section as this cream.) anyhow, quite often products are pure crap, but this product seems to have a lot of great natural ingredients that i'm not worried about putting on my skin (even the lemon juice has probably lost a great deal of its acidity, i would imagine.) i suppose the bentonite clay, papain, and such things all contribute to its brightening properties.

this stuff goes on like a thick, somewhat dry, barely exfoliative paste. i have no idea about its overall efficacy in reducing scars as this is only the 2nd time i've used it. i do know that my skin seems basically "better looking" after using. i guess this would be described as "brightness." i don't have too many active acne problems at one time (i basically have hormonal breakouts around my period which consist of a few nasty bumps.) i think this stuff would be great to use before a big night out when you want nice, bright skin.

i expected that it would burn and wasn't very excited at the prospect of leaving a mask on my face for a full hour as suggested, but it's INCREDIBLY comfortable and totally pain free. at least it is on my skin! for that alone, it gets a 10 star rating from me. i'm saying this as someone who even occasionally has reactions from "sensitive skin" paula's choice products.

the only real problem i find with this is that it's nearly impossible to use unless you are going to shower directly afterwards. it took me about 5 good rinses with a washcloth to remove the stuff completely. the second time i used it, i just showered immediately after and the removal was MUCH easier. it also doesn't have an amazingly soothing smell (think typical cold cream sort of pond's smell, but much less cloying.)

i think this product also could be an amazing spot treatment, as it's easier to put on (and remove) in small amounts. i do have a pretty nasty burn scar on my forehead which is flat, but discolored (and concealeable with makeup.) i will be updating as i use this stuff and reporting on how well it helps me out.

overall, i think for the price and the gentleness of this mask, you could probably use it about 3 times a week with no problems. i have yet to find any serious complaints that would prevent me from buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

I love this product!!! It's cheap and most importantly, it works. My skin is noticeably brighter after the first use and my acne marks seems lighter as well. Even my friends noticed and asked what I was using. The only thing is that you have to use this mask consistently. But at $6, I don't mind too much.