September 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sue Devitt - SpaComplexion Hydrating Marine Minerals Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by NowGotcha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been on a search of tinted moisturizers, due to the fact that I've got weird problems with my skin - eczema most likely. I managed to get quite a few samples of brands from Sephora and so far only one brand has not really aggravated my skin, even though there were a couple of other brands where I preferred the coverage and feel/texture better. That is, until I hit Ulta and found this product!

So far, so good. No problems and the latest aggravation in my skin has been slowly clearing up/healing since I've been using this product. Go figure! The Ulta near me used to carry all three shades of the TM, but now only carries one - Moorea (medium). It's a tad on the expensive side, but since it has yet to aggravate my skin, I'm sold on it! Besides, if one buys other products at Ulta, one can accumulate points and get some $$ off.

It goes on smooth and the coverage is quite good, considering it's sheer. It hasn't really dried up my skin, either, which tends to happen when I have a skin aggravation. Hallelujah!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by oneofmylies99

Out of all the tinted moisturizers I've used, this is the best one I've tried so far. This has very sheer coverage for evening out skintone. It will not cover up any red blemishes I may have - I still need a concealer for those. Unlike other TMs out there, which in my opinion are really more of sheer-light coverage foundations, this one actually moisturizes. In the summer I can get away with relying on this as my only moisturizer. It also gives off a slight luminosity. Not nearly as obvious as Stila's Illuminating TM, just a very natural glow. It just makes my face look so smooth. It seems to really minimize my pores. This is a medium creamy consistency. It blends and smooths on very easily. However, I think some may not like the slightly sticky feel it has on the skin once it has set in/dried. This has physical based sunscreens (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide - spf 15) which is a must for me as I'm allergic to most chemical sunscreens. I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin and have not broken out any more than usual. I can't speak to the anti-aging and skin firming benefits that this product totes because I started a new skincare regimen at the same time. I'm going to guess my skin's improved tone is mostly attributed to the new skincare :)

I took off one lipstick from the rating because I wish it had a bit more coverage and because of the slightly sticky feel. Btw, Moorea is very warmtoned and cool and neutral toned girls should stay away from this shade. Also, I found this works better on bare skin than over a primer. I plan on purchasing again and highly recommend this if you can find a matching shade.

$40 (ouch!) for 1.35 oz and comes in a squeeze tube.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7.46%, Zinc Oxide 5.56%.
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG 20/20 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), VP/Hexadecane Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Retinyl Palmitate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Saffflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Crithmum Martimum Extract, Synthetic Wax, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, PEI-10, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Ceramide-2, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lauryl Laurate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No