December 20, 2014 | 1547 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - angel liqueur de parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by mbear1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Reactions to Angel perfume ( and all of its incarnations ) is like tomato juice or liver....you either love it or hate it. No one sits on the fence with Angel. I don't know what it is about this fragrance that polarizes people so vehemently. Yes, it is sweet and cloying but I think it smells amazing. I LOVE this new sexier sister, Angel Liqueur.....it is warm and heady and reminds me of carmel, chocolate and cognac. When I wear this men, women, kids, dogs, you name it, follow me around and ask what I am wearing. If you have not given Angel a try lately ( or remember hating it) try this newest deeper version. It is sex in a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to Macy's today inquiring if they had the new Angel Liqueur Parfum yet. The SA on duty went to the Angel testers (kept behind the counter as if they are gold) and sprayed a paper strip for me. I told her she had just sprayed regular Angel and pointed to the Angel Liqueur in the cabinet. "Oh," she said, "I didn't realize there was a difference." She picked up another Angel bottle and sprayed another paper strip and handed it to me. I told her it still wasn't the right Angel.
At this point, she yelled to another fragrance associate for help. "I'm so confused with all these Angels", she said. The head of the department knew exactly what I wanted. She pulled a hidden box from the bottom drawers, opened it, and sprayed it on a piece of paper, then handed it to me. She then handed me the rather cheap looking bottle.
Finally. I was able to smell this new Angel and hold the chintzy sprayer in my hand. I sprayed more on myself and waited. My immediate first sense was of smoke, which lasted all of about 30 seconds. And then I smelled Angel. Just Angel. And that's what I told the fragrance SA. She smelled my arm. We chatted awhile.
She told about me about a huge in-store promotion for Angel tomorrow at the store and how there would a GWP.(The gifts were actually samples, she said, and the rep had been in making little bags up.) Huh??? I had to buy Angel to get samples of Angel? That's my GWP? This is getting out of hand, I thought.
I sniffed my arm again and told her I still did not discern any noticeable difference between my original Angel and this. She made 2 other SA's smell my arm and asked them what they were smelling. They both told her Angel. She was very perplexed. She swore she smelled a boozier, smokey perfume, although the count was against her.
I told her I would compare it at home, which I did. No difference, except for the initial 30 second blast of smoke. If you wear and like Angel, save your money, because frankly, after 8 hours, when I finally washed it all off, Angel Liqueur de Parfum was simply Angel.
Since I've already written my review for Angel, kindly refer to it as a review for Angel Liqueur de Parfum. They are identical for me.
Fragrance Notes: Patchouli, Chocolate, Caramel, Honey, Vanilla, Blackberry, Cotton Candy, Coconut, Jasmine, Orchid, Musk, Tonka Bean, Red Berries, Amber, Plum, Apricot, Cognac, Tropical Fruit, Melon.
Angel 2013 Edition.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by DaniAd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this smell at all,awful.Smells like food,not like perfume.Goes on heavy and unpleasant,you end up stinking like cotton candy or something.Thumbs Down.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate this fragrance-too sugary,too intimidating,too overpowering and in your face.Yuk.I have tried testers at Department stores and this smell makes me gag.This is a fragrance that I would never wear or buy, or even accept for free,I find it to be quite vulgar and offensive,and quite frankly ,its smell has a cheap, nasty quality to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by mhubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to try this, owning every Angel permutation available, by hook or by crook. Like all of the others, totally worth it. Amazing depth, rich and deliscious, Kentucky derby pie, Chambord liqueur and every other marvelous thing your mind can conjure. Warning: do not eat! Oh yes, you will be tempted. Personally I am thinking of getting at least another bottle as a back-up, in case this stuff ever becomes unavailable.Best part, I was wearing it when I learned President Obama will serve 4 more years:)

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An intense Angel I can enjoy and wear. Less B.O./cumin and more sweet chocolate, wood and honey than the original. Still, a little goes a long way. Gorgeous bottle too. May be my new holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Angela1013

This version has more of a honey dry down and is softer than the original Angel that has more patchouli. These two parfums make me wish it was winter all the time. All in all, I love both.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by gleam

I like the liquer much better. It smells like the original Angel EDP (but without the top notes) plus this delicious, soft liquer and cherry note, with beautiful depth and just a little bit woodsy. I feel like sitting in a log cabin, a fire burning in front of me in the fire place and a steaming cup of hot chocolate in my hands. This smells devine! So delicious. I crave it, it's like a warm embrace.
I've even received compliments from people who usually are angel haters. I like the liquer so much, I've already asked my SO for another bottle for Christmas.
If there has always been 'something' that bothered you with the original Angel - try the liquer. Use it sparingly tho - just one spritz does the trick.
Description on the box:
'Discover the fusion between Angel and the world of spirits thanks to a patented method inspired by techniques used to produce the finest Cognacs. Angel Liquer de Parfum is aged in cherry wood casks to reveal a fragrance with delicious accents of subtly honey-sweet candied fruit and sensual amber notes. Do not drink.'

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ymantra

Sampled Angel Liquor at Macys. I would have to agree with the previous reviewer that this is very similar to angel minus the top notes. It smells amazing and it last a long time. I wasn't crazy with the design of the bottle but the juice is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't get into Angel when it first came out, and never really pursued it again. Then for some reason I encountered a dupe of it on another person and suddenly became curious about it again. I saw the liqueur de parfum version and thought perhaps I might like it better than the original. I do. It's very similar to the classic version, but the top notes are gone and it lingers on a sweet fruity accord for longer and is more bracing and assertive. There's creamy oriental notes all the way through and warm woody accords. I get no chocolate whatsoever, and frankly I would call this a slightly fruity oriental with a little bit of masculine pine. It wears a long long time. I sprayed it on at 8 and it is now 11 and the scent is still going strong. This would be a very easy perfume to overdo. I like how it manages to be sweet and yet completely mature and assertive.