November 27, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in White

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't even know why I got this it was just there and I was like okay. Anyways it isn't all that I prefer the jumbo pencil. I don't think this is meant to be a primer. It's not bad as a base but because it's glittery it shows under my eyeshadow so I use it when I'm using really bright and glittery eyeshadow so it just blends with. You don't need much so it'll last long but I won't be repurchasing this product there's better stuff out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Mkirana

At first i really liked this product. But after using it for sometime i noticed that there are little patch of eyeshadow and it doesnt last all dayy :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was patchy and dry on my eyelids. Made my eyeshadows look patchy too. And I dont like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product it has made my shadows look even more polished and vibrant. I think the key with this for me is I use my Fergie primer first and let that set. Then I use a Mac 474 I believe which I had from the Mac paint tubes. Well that brush is perfect for this! I apply some to the brush and only put the white base on the lid and by the corners of my eyes. I don't use it in my crease because it is fine with the primer it is the lid shades that I want super vibrant.

I do my crease first then my lid and brow bone. This base holds my shadows perfectly all day till I wash it off at night. You only need a small amount as well. it never feels cakey or heavy when I do it like this. I personally love the white base because it adhears better than the MIlk pencil. And it doesn't crease at all! I especially like this when I'm going out because I don't have to retouch at all. Love this! Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For some reason, this isnt the same formula as the Milk Jumbo Pencil. It has a terrible smell (almost like Comet) and even with a primer I found it creases. I like the Jumbo Pencil better, Id definitely recommend that instead of the jar version.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if this is suppose to work as an eye primer but I don't use it as one. I use it over my primer (nars smudge proof) sometimes when I want to brighten my eyeshadow. I think it makes all my eyeshadow really pop. I have a lot of drugstore eyeshadow (NYC, cover girl) and while they don't have a lot of pigment by themself they look really nice patted over a layer of this. Usually mid+high end eyeshadow I can just put directly over my nars smudge proof. It was fairly expensive ($11.99 - Canada) but it has lasted for quite a while. The jar itself is sort of annoying and I can't use it if I have long nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to eye shadow primer if I am wearing bold eye shadow. It makes ones shadow pop. NYX is one of the few drugstore brands I use. Applies easily, I apply with my ring finger. Creaseless shadow all day. Good amount of product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff rocks if used with vibrant rainbow colors--pink, purple, yellow, blue, etc. With earth tones, nudes, or natural shadows such as beiges or browns, it tends to alter the color and can look too white, almost to the point of being garish. When I first got it I wasn't wearing much color and expected it to work like an extremely pale ivory shadow base would. I was intrigued at the idea that a white base would work well on a very pale complexion like mine. But as a stark white, it alters the colors people wear most every day; it"tints" them, making them much lighter and sometimes cooler. I find that it even reduces the intensity of anything but black, white, or vibrant color. Considering that I didn't use many extremely intense colors, I ended up throwing it out.

Then a couple of years ago, when I started experimenting with the rainbow eye, I saw this on you tube tutorials and bought it again. It worked brilliantly this time, and I realize that in my experience, it's best for this specific purpose (bright colors), and not to wear with everyday nude or earthy shadows. I gave it a four because it doesn't state this anywhere on the label, and also because a tube might be a better container than a glass jar. Other than that, it's a great product for certain uses that's reasonably priced, and there aren't many other white shadow bases in the mainstream makeup market. You generally have to go to theater or film makeup to find something like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Works amazingly well as a primer. It makes my eye shadows lasts all day without fading. My shadows are also more vibrant. I would definitely repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This retails for 10 dollars in canada so that's why I hate the price

I love how it makes colourful shadows pop though and I love the texture and the fact the color itself is really pigmented (I feel like the colors show better the more saturated the white color is)
The packaging feels a little awkward over time because the tub is kind of small and if your using your finger to get it out you better make sure your nails are pretty short or you should use a brush to get it out
The only thing I don't like it that it doesn't make neutral colors stand out but I'm thinking a white primer or base isn't meant for neutrals anyways (I'm kind of new to the whole primer thing) so I can't complain

I like that it doesn't crease and it goes on skin very nicely (if that makes sense...)

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who can find it under ten bucks ;)