Vichy Aera Teint Mineral Podwer Foundation

3.2

BORON NITRIDE 2 KAOLIN 3 ISONONYL ISONONANOATE 4 CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX 5 ZINC PCA 6 METHYLSILANOL MANNURONATE 7 MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE 8 COPPER PCA 9 CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE 10 CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE 11 CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES 12 CI 77492 13 CI 77499 14 MICA

on 11/29/2012 10:36:00 AM

Pros:
good choice of colours
comes with handy brush
gives a flawless finish
good for combination skin
long lasting
works well with all brands of foundations as a setting powder
good coverage

cons:
none :)!!

on 6/29/2012 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It has nice coverage but that's about it. i really don't like how it sits on your skin and hours later it looks even worse because the oil starts coming out. Can't use it on a dry skin day because it makes your dry lines look more obvious. can't wear it on a hot summer day because it will melt. I've had enough. this is going to the garbage.

on 3/6/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got this product I thought it was great! I loved how well the color matched my skin and the coverage was pretty good as well. Then I started breaking out pretty badly around my forehead, and I usually have perfect skin with 1 or 2 pimples. I stopped using it and my skin cleared right up.

on 2/29/2012 1:37:00 PM

I haven't written a review in a long time (I'll have to check, maybe 2 years?). This is the first time that something new has compelled me to write. I love this stuff. I'd say that the coverage is medium, and it depends on the brush used for application. As everyone has already mentioned, the included brush is pretty my unsuable it's so scratchy. I've started applying the powder with the round Lise Watier foundation brush which makes it easier for me to apply the powder only where I most need it: chin, around my mouth, and the sides of my nose. These are the areas I break out the most and that feature the most acne scars. I have my share of fine lines (turning 30 next year) but I don't find them to be accentuated in the least.

I'm surprised to read that someone found that this broke them out and that they preferred the Dior powder foundation. While I agree that the Dior has better coverage, it totally broke me out. I've been using the the Vichy mineral powder for about a month now, and I don't remember by skin being this clear in years. I think that the regular price is high, SDM has it on sale at $17 right now and I'm going from store to store to hoard it. At this price I could purchase three pots for every single Dior compact I used to buy.

I should mention that I don't care for the liquid Aerateint at all, I think that one just sits on the skin and is prone to oxydizing. This powder, on the other hand, seems to sink right in. I should also mention that this is the first mineral foundation that I've tried that does not cause my face to itch around the nose. I'd given up on mineral makeup because of this so I'm just thrilled with this stuff. Thrilled!!

EDITED April 3, 2012: I'm not so sure about this anymore. I think it looks terrific when I first put it on and for the folowing few hours, but I don't like how it's settled by the afternoon or evening. I can't apply more at the end of the day, it just looks more uneven. There is shine. And it doesn't behave that well on top of my sunscreen. I'm considering returning the two unopened boxes I'd purchased...

on 2/3/2012 1:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Good coverage but not very natural looking. A bit too orangey for fair skins. And once again, the luminous, sheen thing is going on. Highlights the pores and wrinkles. Expensive mistake. Gonna give it to my teenagers lol.

on 1/2/2012 4:24:00 PM

I have never been a make-up person, and I hate changing my routine. I have been using Vichy Dermablend Foundation for almost 5 years in nude and love it. But recently I started noticing my skin has been looking shiny and oily in pictures, so I realized I needed a setting powder or powder over the foundation to control shine. I bought the Vichy Mineral Power in nude and it makes my face look AMAZING! I have alot of acne scarring so the foundation + the powder together superb.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Coverage was superb on top of a base, I didn't even have to use concealer, and I have some acne scaring. So probably one of the best powder foundations I have ever used. The pricing is also not bad for 5 g of product coupled with the once in a while discount at SDM. HOWEVER, I will definitely not be buying this again as it broke me out terribly. The sad part is I didn't realize it was this until I stopped using it. I had bought the Dior compact powder foundation because this was running out and Sephora just so happened to have their $15 off $50+ coupon promo. So I wanted to wear the new thing, just to see how my skin would like it. My skin started clearing almost right after discontinuing the use of this! And to think I had thought it was the Bioderma Sebium line I was trying out that was causing all the breakouts or that my skin was just naturally really bad with breaking out... Oh, silly me. Anyway, lesson learned: I should just not try more than one new face product whether it be makeup or skincare at the same time no matter how tempting it is to test out stuff I buy on a shopping trip right after I get home. Hahahha.

on 11/18/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only foundation that didn't break me out, in fact, it helped dry some of my acne. It's exactly what the description says.

Nice packaging, but too expensive and the brush...horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too harsh for my skin.

on 6/15/2010 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this mineral foundation. I've tried L'oreal Bare Naturale before, but the bismuth oxychloride made my face super itchy and it didn't look natural either.
The Vichy powder is much nicer, doesn't irritate my skin and looks natural. Coverage is light to medium, but I don't have much to cover so it's great for me.
During the day I usually mix some powder with my moisturizer to make a TM.
For nights out or when pictures will be taken I'll do full coverage with a TBS kabuki.
It's a nice powder, but I think there might be better ones out there.
Also quite expensive for such a small jar.

UPDATE: according to my pharmacist this has been discontinued. I switched to the La Roche-Posay Toleriane mineral conmpact (use it with a brush instead of the sponge) and I like it!

on 11/13/2009 4:07:00 AM

HG powder, decent coverage, best if used as a setting powder above foundation or concealer. Great if you have dry patches or fine dehydration lines on your skin, it doesnt accenuate them.it has spf 25 which is a huge plus for me. I dont know how it would work for people with oilier skin but for my combination, acne prone dehydrated skin it is exactly what I was looking for.Not dry, not cakey but not shimmery either just dewy airbrushed natural finish.You should get a different brush though (awful!) and I think the amount you get is very little for the price (in Greece 25€ for 5grms?please!). one lippie off for brush and price but would repurchase always!