December 18, 2014 | 1531 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Origins - GinZing

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Eapy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful. Saw no difference, made my eye-area dry and even gave me tiny red bumps around my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sunny0204

Not impressed. I received as bonus gift for few times. I do not see any improvement on my eye area.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I am using this wrong, but I have been applying as a night eye cream. I think the moisturization is decent but am not seeing any benefits for my dark circles or fine undereye lines. It also stings a little (my eyes are sensitive).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This feels really nice and moisturizing on; however, I did not notice a difference. Weird, but it seemed to have the opposite effect on my eyes by making them feel tired.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this since I'm all about what the Origins brand stands for, but it was nothing more than a really average eye cream to me! It took me around 9 months to use up, using every morning under my eyes. I was really excited about it, since it made a lot of bold claims about 'brightening' and so forth, but it really didn't live up to expectations.

The texture is light and the product sank in nicely, but the so-called brightening effect seems to solely be down to fine micro-shimmers in the cream - nothing more than a glittery eye cream. It didn't really make a difference on my oily skin anyway - it didn't even help to depuff or make any kind of visible difference. I was happy to use it up, but it was really nothing special to me so I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Sutherlande

I love this in the mornings. I initially received it as a sample from Sephora. I never seem to have much luck with Sephora samples, so the packet languished in a drawer for months before I thought, 'oh, what the hell.' I gave it a try one morning, and found myself quite impressed. Puffiness decreased in minutes, and there was a slight shimmer to the cream that brightened my eye area. I started using it every morning, and I squeezed every last drop out of that packet. During that time, I was going through some rough patches, and was definitely having some late-night crying jags. Anyone who has done some crying into their pillows at night has probably, like me, woken up with some horrendously puffy eyes. This definitely helps with that - must be the caffeine. It won't completely banish them, but they won't jump out at you anymore either. This cream does banish routine puffiness. When I ran out, I quickly looked it up at Sephora, and was horrified. Holy expensive eye cream, batman! I waited a few months, tried some other (considerably cheaper) eye creams, and was eventually swayed to purchase. I'm pretty happy with it! My eye area looks moisturized and bright, and it decreases puffiness for my early mornings. I haven't had any bumps or redness, which seems to be a fairly common complaint. Not sure if it's my HG, but it's definitely the best day eye cream I've ever purchased.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I received Origins GinZing as a sample from Sephora. It's described as a "refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff." I don't have a lot of issues with puff, so I can't say whether it did anything for puffiness.

"Brightening" can mean different things to different people. So, if you're looking for something to relieve dark circles, this is not your product. If you're looking for a shimmery under-eye (who is?), then I guess this is it. The only thing I felt like it really did was moisturize my skin before I applied concealer.

I've also read that people have had bad reactions to this, so be careful. I didn't have any bad experiences with it, but make sure you always test behind your wrist before applying something to your face.

Just seemed like one of those "I'm trying to be high-end but really I'm just overpriced and underperforming" products. I'm not going to buy a full-size.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by giuls182

Only buy this if you want your eye area to break out in rash-like bumps! I really believed in this product in the first 2 days, my eye area did improve but then it was all downhill from there. Don't bother purchasing! In addition to the bumps, I don't think the shimmery finish on your skin is necessary because that's something I could do with my make up. On days where I don't wear make up and put the eye cream on, I just have shimmery patches under my eyes.
Hope this is useful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Like so many other things I've reviewed, I got this in the Sephora All Stars holiday set. It's a full-sized jar. I started using it because I didn't have another eye cream that I was really digging. It took awhile, but out of nowhere, I realized that the puffy bags that pop up when I smile were GONE. That's the only thing I've been using in that area on a regular basis. I'm really really loving this eye cream. I put on my moisturizer in the morning (SkinMD Shielding Lotion) and then pat this all around my eyes and onto my eyelids. It's a thinner consistency, but it sinks in VERY well. By the time I get dressed and back to doing my makeup, my eye area feels wonderfully moisturized and perfectly prepped for eyeshadow. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this because the price is a bit steep and apparently there's an Olay dupe out there? We'll see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pink, illuminating eye cream was an okay purchase for me. I don't think it really hydrated my eye area, but it definitely brightened up the area. It worked fine under concealer, but I don't think it did anything beyond brightening the area pre-makeup. I won't purchase it again because I prefer a more hydrating cream and I feel like I can achieve brightness from a concealer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No