July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Origins - GinZing

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by giuls182

Only buy this if you want your eye area to break out in rash-like bumps! I really believed in this product in the first 2 days, my eye area did improve but then it was all downhill from there. Don't bother purchasing! In addition to the bumps, I don't think the shimmery finish on your skin is necessary because that's something I could do with my make up. On days where I don't wear make up and put the eye cream on, I just have shimmery patches under my eyes.
Hope this is useful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Like so many other things I've reviewed, I got this in the Sephora All Stars holiday set. It's a full-sized jar. I started using it because I didn't have another eye cream that I was really digging. It took awhile, but out of nowhere, I realized that the puffy bags that pop up when I smile were GONE. That's the only thing I've been using in that area on a regular basis. I'm really really loving this eye cream. I put on my moisturizer in the morning (SkinMD Shielding Lotion) and then pat this all around my eyes and onto my eyelids. It's a thinner consistency, but it sinks in VERY well. By the time I get dressed and back to doing my makeup, my eye area feels wonderfully moisturized and perfectly prepped for eyeshadow. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this because the price is a bit steep and apparently there's an Olay dupe out there? We'll see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pink, illuminating eye cream was an okay purchase for me. I don't think it really hydrated my eye area, but it definitely brightened up the area. It worked fine under concealer, but I don't think it did anything beyond brightening the area pre-makeup. I won't purchase it again because I prefer a more hydrating cream and I feel like I can achieve brightness from a concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a Sephora 100 point perk sample of this. It was not all I was hoping it would be. It feels nice putting it on but I don't feel like it does anything special that my Clinique All About Eyes Rich doesn't already do. It does have a brightening effect when applied but it does not last long. I will not be purchasing the full size of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Firstly, I love the packaging of this. The product itself is a pink/shimmer lotion which you apply under your eyes in morning. A little goes a long way (as if you use too much your eye area looks silver!) I use my finger to gently dab until it has blended under my eye either before makeup but usually after i have applied my eye concealer.

The results are great, the cream is nourishing and the shimmer gives the effect that the dark circles are reduced.

Good product, but I think there are probably better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I had one sample ages ago and don't remember even liking it.

I recently got another sample of it and I'm feeling the same. In fact this doesn't feel as if it's doing anything. I have tear troughs, oil glands, and darkness. I still have them and this hasn't helped with any of it. In fact it feels drying instead and I think it's drying out my under eye area more than helping it. There is no brightening of my under eye. Good try though Origins.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit with the VitaZing SPF 15. The GinZing eye cream makes my eyes burn and sting after an hour or so. The same thing happens when I used the VitaZing anywhere near my eyes - even on my cheecks, nose and forehead. I complained about the burning/stinging to the woman at the Origins counter and they just shrug and say they don't understand why. It's too expensive to put up with being miserable.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried this eye cream as I was given a sample of it. I really don't think it's anything extra special. The glow that it gives fades away once you've applied makeup. Wouldn't purchase it with my own money. Not a bad product but not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's great to use for those dreadfully early mornings where my eyes need a boost of refreshment! It has a cooling sensation, absorbs really well, and makes the skin around my eyes feel smooth. I'm not sure about how moisturizing it is, but I have not had a problem with dryness in the eye area while I've been using this product. Also, I usually dont have dark circles, but this definetely makes things look a little brighter since it does contain a little bit of shimmer, leaving a dewy finish. For packaging, I wish it came in a pump bottle instead of dipping my fingers in a jar.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I have been using this for about four months, and I am still undecided as to whether or not I would repurchase.

On one hand, there is a nice pinkish color to it that is supposed to help conceal dark under eye circles. I can't really tell if it performs in that aspect. I mean, I don't have super dark circles so I don't know why it does not do too much for what I do have. And besides, I put concealer on anyway, so if it helps, it isn't doing it on it's own, since I only wear it under makeup. I also do not think that it does anything for puffiness. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but I just do not see it working.

It does not have a super strong smell which would not bother me even if it did. It also does not burn my eyes when I sometimes put it too close, which is a plus since many creams do, or worse, cause my eyes to water.

It also is not super thick so it wears nicely under concealer and it feels really nice and cooling on the skin which I do enjoy. It also absorbs relatively quickly and does not leave my skin feeling sticky where it is applied.

Now, the downside is, I have these little bumps under my eye, and I think that this cream is the culprit. If I do not use this for a few days, the bumps diminish a bit and are not so pronounced under my eyes, especially when I wear makeup. But as soon as I put this on, the next day, I can see and feel the bumps again, and I have NO idea what these bumps are. I just know that using this seems to make them worse.

I do not know as of right now if I would repurchase. The bumps are annoying, but is one of the nicest day creams that I have used under makeup. So I am really torn. And it is rather expensive for me to continue to purchase if I am not in love with it. I am not sure. I am going to finish off my current jar, and see what happens. I have purchased Shiseido Ibuki Eye Correcting Cream, and so far, I adore it for daytime, and I may just continue buying it instead. I don't mind the jar that Ginzing comes in, but the Shisedo one comes in a tube which is sanitary, and really ensures that I only get exactly what I need.