Dr. Brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner

3.1

WATER (AQUA), SILICA, BENZYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALCOHOL DENAT., XANTHAN GUM, METHYL LACTATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PPG-26 BUTETH-26, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, SALICYLIC ACID, ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE, PEG-23 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Got this in a subbie box & I gave it 3 lippies overall coz it's a little better than average but 5 on price coz I heard it's insanely high like ~$45! I've done 2 "treatments" of this so far this week & I have extreme oiliest of the oily skin w enlarged pores & many obvious blackheads (I don't always have blemishes often but if I do they are small). This mask does seem to dry out my skin (good!), didn't get rid of blackheads that have been deeply embedded since tween years (I'm pushing 40!) I do like this mask but I will use it up & not be too heartbroken when it's gone coz I can use a DS mask w similar results.I certainly would not pay $45 for a container (eek!) that is a big chunk of my monthly beauty budget, if I was gonna blow $45 of my disposable income I'd throw my money at MAC or LUSH & use the Freeman Charcoal Sugar or Queen Helene Mint Julep masks. I've never been into HE skincare.there are many DS skin care staples I use regularly (Noxzema; Dickensens Witch Hazel; Cetaphil oily skin; Seabreeze, generic Benzoyl Peroxide 10% cream, et al.), I also own 5 or 6 diff DS masks I rotate & no matter what I do I have blackheads. This may have sopped up some excess oiliness but yup blackheads still there.

on 7/26/2015 3:49:00 PM

"What it is: An effective blackhead and oil extractor."
Did it work for me? That's a definite no.

I received a sample of this and used it on one side of my nose for 2-3 times a week (as per the instructions) for an entire month. My nose is covered in blackheads and I saw absolutely zero difference in my blackheads by the end of the month.

on 10/20/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

No, this did not work as a "vacuum cleaner", not even close. This was a mediocre mask at best, nothing special or worth $45. I got and get way better results from the pure Aztec Indian Clay that costs $7.

on 5/28/2014 3:04:00 PM

This did not do anything for me :(

The thing that has solved my blackheads has been a proper cleansing routine and the introduction of a gel exfoliant after cleansing. Caroline Hirons explains how to cleanse on her blog- really recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty pricey, but I'd day you're getting what you pay for. I think the negative reviews stem from assuming this stuff gets rid of embedded blackheads, and that it does not. Those blackheads will need to be extracted. What this stuff seems to do is get rid of the really shallow blackheads before they become more of a problem. Kind of like the ones you can see that you could probably remove by scraping a fingernail across them (which isn't a good idea). It also tightens pores to reduce new blackheads from forming. I use it once or twice a week to keep those blackheads in check. It does what it says it does.

on 3/12/2014 1:37:00 AM

Scooped this up as a sample in a recent Ulta haul, and I was pretty hesitant to try it since reading the reviews made me feel meh about it. But it is pretty good!!! I feel it it reduces my redness and my uneven complexion as well as remove some but not all blackheads. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and clear (temporarily), HOW I LOVE THAT FEELING.
all in all it's a good product, and does most of what it claims to do.

on 7/28/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HOLY GRAIL UP IN THIS BITCH! HOLY GRAIL UP IN THIS BITCH!

i've always had oily skin. and even though i'm almost 44 and now live in arid El Paso, Texas, i STILL have oily skin. so, of course, the pores on my face, particularly on my nose, get worse and worse as i age. i can make them temporarily smaller with strips, exfoliations, peels, and all the usual stuff, and i can camouflage them well with good products, such as Benefit's. however, nothing really made any lasting difference.

i got a deluxe sample (0.4 ounces! very generous) in a New Beauty Test Tube. i applied it diligently as instructed, and within a week, i was stunned-- the pores on my nose were noticeably less pronounced. unfortunately the shoddy packaging broke. i liked the ability to pump just what you need, thereby not wasting product, and keeping it fresh and sanitary. however, when i still had about 1/3 product left, the pump broke. the consistency of the product is very thick (doesn't have much of a smell, though), so there was no way i could get it out, unless i literally sawed into the container. such a waste! had i paid for it, i'd have gotten an exchange.

anyway, i've been without the product for about a month, and my nose pores haven't not yet re-expanded. with good skincare, i think i can keep them at bay for quite some time.

a few years ago, it started to look like i had a few scattered freckles on my nose. actually kinda cute, until you realized they were PORES. this is the only product that has made a permanent difference. LOVE.

on 7/21/2013 7:03:00 AM

I really don't understand the great reviews of this, I felt that it did nothing for my skin!

on 8/6/2012 4:47:00 PM

I thought this was genius, really worked on me, not clearing pores entirely but certainly minimising them.

on 7/2/2012 1:01:00 AM

Got this as part of a Pores No More sample kit. It works great as a spot treatment! You can't actually go out with it on though

Popular Treatments (Face)