April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skinn Cosmetics - orchid gel primer

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this because I'm an oily girl and a sucker for any thing that says mattifying.
The Orchid Gel just didn't live up to its promise. It balled up on my face when I applied it. It clogged my pores. I was just an all around disappointing product.
The only thing nice about it is the pretty pink color.
I will definitely NOT be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by krrilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 3 months. It has never clogged my pores, nor balled up on my face. It applies like silk. I use the orchid gel bright side. If I am staying home I don't even wear foundation over it. I wouldn't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by salpal47

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using the Orchid Gel Primer for a few years and will not be without it. Most of the time I only use concealer around my eyes and nose and blush and my face is ready to go for the day--I get compliments on my skin when I use this product--

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont mind this as a primer. When I first put it on it balled into little purple balls on my face. I worked out that it had to be massaged in a little better. I live in the hot and humid tropics and suffer for terribly oily skin and this primer works well as a canvas for my make up. It keeps the oil at bay for a few hours (which is good living in the humidity!). I have two jars and it lasts for a very long time and works well. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by DianeOSaurusRex

My makeup went on gorgeous and stayed flawless all day. I have combination skin, I've never had a problem with acne. After about a 3 weeks of using Orchid primer, I started getting zits/pimples and a ton of blackheads. A week later, I went in for my monthly facial and my esthetician asked me if I had been doing anything different, stress, more makeup, etc.I told her that the only thing i had been doing different is using this primer. She informed me that some of her clients have used it and experienced the same thing. CLOGGED PORES , ENLARGED PORES OVER TIME & BUILD UP, ACNE, BLACKHEADS. I exfoliate every other day and my skin regimen is impeccable. So unfortunately while this is one of the best primers i have used, it's not worth the price my skin paid :( maybe one day they will develop one that doesn't affect skin negatively :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by LYDIA1890

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THE WAY MY SKIN LOOKS, BUT SADLY, I AM BREAKING OUT. I THINK ITS THE CONES IN IT.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product. Ordered it from shopnbc.com and have been using it daily for three months. I have the oiliest T-zone ever. I have gone through so many primers trying to find one that will stay matte and not cause breakouts. This is the first primer that actually works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ontariogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical to try this product from a fairly new line of cosmetics. SKINN products by Dimitri James started out as a skin care line ( which I adore and will review soon!) This primer is a matte base primer...it is called gel...but does not feel like a gel. I have dry skin and this is the only primer that covers my mod. to lg. pores!! Even my DD who has oily skin loves this and claims that it never breaks her out or causes more oiliness. You can only buy these products online at the Skinn.com site or on some shopping channels so far. Try this!! You may just find your HG primer!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No