April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like using the Even Better Clinical serum, so I thought investing this moisturizer would help along the fading of my hyper-pigmentation from breakouts and so on. I bought the oily skin version, which is a lotion in a pump bottle, and it was okay. As bad as this sounds, my skin hates SPF in products, so I usually never buy them. This moisturizer was no different. I was constantly breaking out on my cheeks which in unusual for me, and since I stopped using this moisturizer those breakouts have disappeared completely, so I know the sunscreen was a culprit. In my opinion they could have improved on the quality of this lotion for the price. Okay, but definitely not a repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by wendella721

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have dry skin and thiss made skin even worse! this stuff enlarged my pores. made my skin look horrible. its unscented which is a plus. I got this free as sample from clinique gift bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even better than what? This cream is oily, does not sink in the skin, does not moisturize at all, makes your face shiny (despite the fact that I have dry skin). Do not waste your money on this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

Yes, this was quite shiny and did not work well under makeup at all. It did cause adult breakouts on me, so due to that coupled with it smelling like smoked meat, I am now using it only on the back of my hands and ears.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I've tried the LOTION, for oily skin, the one in the bottle. This one is supposed to be lighter and formulated with oily skin in mind.

Honestly, this was awful!! Felt like that I had put oil on my face!! I have actually tried natural oils on my face in the past, and this behaved exactly like that; it sat on the skin and got stuck on it, on the surface, with that specific "glitter" that usually comes from oils. But this is supposed to be oilfree?? I have enough of oil and shine on my acne-prone oily skin, without a moisturizer adding it!!

No, no, no....washed it away as soon as I could! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Henab

This unfortunate made me break out so I have it to my cousin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Very good moisturizer...a bit costly compared to drugstore moisturizers, but I like it anyways. Great under foundation too

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hatrick01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

tried this for 2 months and am very impressed. feels like velvet and absorbs perfectly. no thick or heavy feeling and non greasy. have been using lauder's daywear cream and although it feels good going on, it just lays on my face like thick grease. I really enjoy this and the skincare benefits i get. my skin is normal/dry with dry patches above brows and my face sweats. This does not aggrevate that and feels moist all day. the price is a little steep, but finding a great moisturizer that suits your needs is worth it--especially when spending so much on so many products to try. I highly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I am not sure as to how well it aids in correcting one's skintone. As, this is a product that I dont' use all the time on my face. I use it sporadically. I like that it has sun protection in it, which is always a good thing. However, I find that it is not compatible underneath makeup. After wearing it for a while, it starts to make my face look rather shiny. Which is why, I can only wear it on days when I don't plan to wear any makeup.

Overall, I think that this is an okay product. It's just not one that I feel is an absolute must-have in my skincare regimen.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by happyasthesun

Background information: I am in my twenties and my main concern and reason for looking into the Clinique Even Better line was due to hyperpigmentation on my cheeks from serious acne a few years back. I have oily to combindation skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer.

I love this stuff! The cream is a white, pretty emollient cream that smooths over your skin quite easily. I find that immediately after applying, my skin looks fresh and moisturized, and--dare I say it?--glowing. From what I understand the ingredients that are used to lighten the dark spots on your face are in such low concentrations they don't even need to be identified as active ingredients, but Clinique's reasoning is so that you can use this moisturizer for a long period of time without serious adverse side effects.

This was the only hyperpigmentation/uneven skin tone correcting part of my skincare routine for a while (other than sunscreen, but I've worn that every day since I was about 12) and I have to say that while the results were slow and incremental, looking at photos from before I started using this moisturizer to now of my bare skin, I can notice a huge difference.

On one area of my cheek I had had recurrent acne, all of which had left severe red spots which one layer of foundation could not cover. I would say there were about eight to ten spots that I would not feel comfortable leaving the house unless I had concealed. However, after using this product, not only are the significant red marks reduced to just 4 (two of which are recent) these marks are easily covered by one layer of the same foundation, which is proof enough for me that this works.

However, this did not help control my oil but I didn't take off points for that, because it never claimed that it would. And as it is targeted towards a more mature population, I see the plumping and moisturizing aspects of this moisturizer as a benefit.

As much as I loved this product I am highly picky with what I deem 5-lippie products as those should be perfect in every way. I did take off one lippie because it is so expensive! For the money I was expecting miracles, and while I am very pleased with the results I can't say this product was a miracle. (It's pretty darn close though!)

CONSIDER IF:
- You have superficial (read: on the surface) hyperpigmentation on the skin
- Your skin is dry to normal
- You need a way to incorporate daily SPF into your regimen

SKIP BECAUSE:
- You need immediate results. This treatment takes a looong time to work.
- You want to reduce freckles from birth. I believe this wasn't intended for natural, born-with-'em freckles.
- Somewhat pricey