December 20, 2014 | 1370 users online

Treatments (Face) - MyChelle - Clear Skin Spot Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by kraxa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't mind the sulphur smell, as I am a regular user of Ilcsi/Ilike's Sulphuric cream on my easily congested but not so- prone- to -pimples- anymore skin. Ocassionally though I will get a juicy zit or two , and therefore I keep a spot treatment to hand. Unfortunately Mychelle doesn't seem to do much. I used a thin layer under make up for daytime, and a thicker coating for the night- no results really. When the product dries up it can form a thin yellowy crust on the skin. Pricewise- 15 pounds for a tiny tube, that lasts long, but does not perform- what is the point?Meanwhile I found that neat niaouli essential oil is doing a better job, but I am still in search for something that I could carry in my purse and reapply throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this product may help existing pimples (which is essentially what it's intended to do), I just can't get past the strong sulfur smell. I have a sensitive nose and I don't like waking up in the morning with a pillow that smells like sulfur and my hair smelling like it, too. With that said, if used on a single pimple, the smell is tolerable, but if you have a lot of acne and plan to rub this all over as a serum to large areas, the smell will be much more pronounced.

I also don't find that it's an absolute miracle worker, either, so I just don't reach for it. I have very stubborn acne, though, and it's usually best to just use clay masks to dry it up and let it heal on its own. This would be great for someone who has very mild acne and gets the occasional pimple, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by beautydiva82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall excellent product! Didn't leave my skin red and was very effective for the small little pimples around my hairline. I love this product line in general as the ingredients are clean and are legit!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by boclit7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hormonal acne made my face look awful, I tried this on the recommendation of the woman at the health food store. And it's amazing. Totally dries up all my zits and helps heal the stubborn ones that won't go away (which I think is due to Kate Somerville's Eradikate). I love this clean line!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I stopped taking the pill, I have been breaking out almost regularly, and it's that nasty, hormonal acne, sometimes cystic, that takes forever to get rid of! Benzoil peroxide and salycytic-based acne treatments seemed to only slightly slow these pimple's growth, if anything. Then I picked up MyChelle's sulfur-based spot treatment and it immediately started working. I first used it on Monday night, and by Friday morning, the cystic pimple was 95% gone. The other, smaller zits were almost completely healed as well. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a good acne spot treatment to try if your skin responds well to sulfur. It is a sticky thin lotion in a pump bottle. The stickiness is good--helps it adhere to spots. It seems to work well, though I did not get the miraculous results the other reviewers have. It has aloe, which keeps it from overdrying your skin, but also contains some plant oils further down on the list--so a point off for that. Packaging is great, a small pump bottle, very hygienic.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by eyegu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE mychelle (most of their stuff), but man, this did nothing for a budding cyst! what do we use it for?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by kristin39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 43, and have been developing terrible hormonal acne. I recently awoke to find 2 of the most hellacious, cystic pimples I have ever seen...in the past, if I've broken out similarly, it would take weeks til they went away. I applied this product to my pimples before bed and in the morning, and amazingly, the next day they were much smaller and less red. After 3 days they were decreased in size by more than half, and they were almost gone in a week. The product did not cause any drying or irritation of the surrounding skin (and my skin is almost allergic to even a 2.5% BP product)- the sulfur in this forumulation is surprisingly gentle. It does dry to a bit of a yellow hue, so I had to apply a thin layer in the AM and apply a powder foundation to mask it, but worth it because it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Fandangogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm very impressed with this stuff. I have also been using this as a very thin layer all over my face, plus I concentrate a little extra on my blemishes. Any existing blemishes are gone in two or three days (it works better than the Neutrogena spot treatment I used prior). And I notice that my face is much clearer than it's ever been.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by harringtonkat

I have been having some crazy breakouts lately with an abundance of blackheads, smaller whitehead pimples, and giant cysts on my chin. I've been trying a lot of different treatments, including raw manuka honey masks and exfoliating scrubs, which i think are definitely helping with the overall smoothness/radiance of my skin, but not really the acne. This product seems to really be helping with the acne! Even though it's a spot treatment, i've been applying a thin layer all over my face and my skin looks so much clearer. i haven't gotten any new cysts since i started it and the pimples that have popped up are small and go away really quickly. I've been applying it to the one actual zit that came up and its been keeping it small and manageable, so i don't feel the compulsion to pop it (and subsequently make a huge red mark that sticks around for weeks) Best of all, there's no flaking or drying of my skin! the pimples dont even get flaky as they heal, which always happens otherwise. i reeeeally hope my skin isn't just temporarily behaving itself and this product really is as miraculous as it seems! For 15 $ its totally worth it. You can find the whole product line at most whole foods stores.