La Roche Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

3.2

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

on 10/25/2014 7:05:00 AM

This is drying my skin so it is not for daily use. I use it twice a week and it is good for my acne-prone skin. After using this product only on my forehead and acne I use some good moisturizer. I have it for 5months and its on half bottle

on 10/14/2014 4:03:00 PM

Yeap, this lotion is astringent alright!! It dries the skin a lot and it makes it flake. It takes a little bit of redness when I have a pimple so I use it just on problem areas but I have to moisturise right after, otherwise the next day I have a dry patch that looks ugly. I think you need a very good moisturiser underneath foundation that doesn't accentuate the dryness . Luckily I do not use foundation so one less pain.

on 3/23/2014 3:16:00 PM

Awful. High alcohol content- very drying. Cheap product being sold for too much money- not good for anything. Do not recommend.

on 12/6/2013 11:09:00 AM

Bought this to remove any leftover traces of makeup. After a while, it seems to make my skin more dry and thus stop using it (in fact just using the La Roche Posay makeup removal and cleanser are good enough. You can read my reviews on these 2 wonderful products). However because of its drying effect, I will usually dip it onto the cotton wool and spot treat on my pimples or whiteheads. It was effective in drying them within 1-2 days and thought that this is much gentler to clear my spots than using benzoyl peroxide on it. Overall if I would to review it as a face toner, I wouldn't recommend it...

on 11/29/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like it in combination with serozinc, WHICH IS DISCONTINUED!!! WHY??? Alone, it's okay, but not brilliant. I will continue to purchase until I can get something else or make my own serozinc.

on 10/14/2013 3:00:00 PM

I find the product being bit too harsh. The smell is also quite strong, very medical type of smell. After applying the toner I feel quite strong burning sensation and my skin feels irritated. The toner is also quite drying, even on the oilier parts of my combination skin.

on 6/16/2013 11:20:00 AM

Three words: AD-DIC-TED. I purchased this after watching one of my favorite beauty bloggers swear by it, and now, I'm addicted to it. I used it twice a day - in the morning (followed by the La Roche Posay Spring Water mist) and at night, after Cetaphil cleanser. I've either found the perfect combination of skin care products, or this stuff alone is awesome. I hadn't used a toner in many years, but this product feels gentle enough not to dry out and strip my skin, yet hard working enough to pick up any stubborn residue left behind after the Cetaphil. It is a great product and well worth keeping as a staple in a skin cleansing regime.

on 7/16/2012 5:18:00 AM

it does keep my skin matte but other than that, nothing more.

on 9/1/2011 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN - Combination and dry in the winter with occasional acne.
* HISTORY - I've always used Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion in the past but decided to try out this product since I'm a fan of La Roche Posay.
* EXPERIENCE - Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion has always been good to me but I found that it required a lot of product on the cotton pad to do the job (I always had to re-moisten the cotton pad). This Effaclar toner seems to work just as well, I don't experience any tingling / burning / itchiness which is good. Also, the Effaclar does not dry out in the cotton pad like Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion does which means that unlike the Clinique product, a drop or two of Effaclar goes a long way. I also like the flip-top lid instead of a cap.
* PRICE - 14.20 at the pharmacy
* SUMMARY - At about the same price as the Clinique product and with the same effectiveness for my skin, I would definitely repurchase.

i find tht this works well with my combo skin. it isnt too drying and it cleans up really well. even after washing my face with a deep cleanser, i still find a residue of dirt on my pad tht i used with this toner. it doesnt rlly help with sport treating for acne, but knowing tht it gets rid of excess oil and dirt, i rlly like it.

Top Rated La Roche Posay Products