October 23, 2014 | 1889 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Shiseido - The Makeup Pre-Makeup Cream SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by mhanchard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been a big fan of primers for years and living in Australia, SPF is a must so was glad to see another primer/SPF combo out there. Despite tinting and claims that this product was non whitening, it was like applying an SPF50+ for the body, but on my face! It's white, thick and sticky and until my Nars 30+ Primer arrives, I'm using such a tiny amount i wonder if it's worth the effort. When I use more, apart from looking washed out, my Laura Mericier TM and my By Terri foundation drag over my skin, no matter how i apply it, brush or fingers. Seems to have all the worst properties of an SPF, making makeup application without pilling or feathering almost impossible. Maybe its the way I'm applying it but I just cant seem to get it right, and I've used a lot of primers. Considering primers are supposed to make your routine easier, I woud not use this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so nice because it does not have an oily silicone fee when applying. It is a cream in a tube. If there is silicone in it, it does not have that feel. No slime. Even without foundation on, it gives my skin a more luminous and even toned appearance. It makes my foundation stay put all day. It is the ONLY primer I've ever used that I felt actually helped with this, or helped me look better without makeup. Somehow my face just looks brighter (not paler or a different color, just kind of lit from within).

I've tried Smashbox's various formulations, the original, the green tint, etc.. tried Skinprep FX...Too Faced Primed and Poreless, Urban Decay... with every one of these other products, I could either not tell any difference whatsoever, or even thought my foundation performed worse when using the primer.

Because of past experiences, I would never have tried this on my own volition, but a SA put me some samples in my bag. I tried one with absolutely no expectations of liking it ~ and went back the next day to buy a full sized tube :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:08:00 AM More reviews by YourCoff1nOrM1ne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

foundation lasts heaps longer and sits so smoothly on skin.

LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

Although I like it, I mostly likely would not buy the full size item. I received a few packlettes of this primer, the one without SPF, when I purchased the Sun Protection foundation. The MA told me I have to wear this primer under the foundation, and I didn't listen to her at first. I was never a big primer person since I tried BE and Smashbox and didn't receive very impressive result. Well, I did try wearing foundation with and without this primer, the result is pretty dramatic. I found at the days when I wear this primer under foundation, my foundation last longer, 12+ hours with only one touch up at oily area, and my skin looks smoother.

The reason I probably won't buy the full size item because it is expensive and I don't like the slight pink shade which it does show on my Asian yellow skin. It gives me a slight makeup look that's almost mask like. Although the pink shade does fade away within an hour or so, given the price plus I'm trying L'Oreal's Studio Sercet primer right now, which is 1/3 the price of Shiseido's, I would not be buying this premakeup cream, I don't think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This review is for the non-SPF version of the pre-makeup cream. It has a light consistency and absorbs quickly, but it doesn't moisturize the skin. Since it dries quickly, I think it works best with liquid or cream foundation but not powder foundation since it doesn't give it anything to adhere to. It does makes my foundation apply evenly and prevents it from "breaking" apart on my skin by the end of the day, but I wouldn't consider this to be a must-have.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by linzeluv

I really love all of the Shiseido products I have purchased in the past and I let a salesperson talk me into trying this. I really don't see the point of it. It is incredibly drying on my skin... and I have pretty oily skin. It leaves kind of a powdery, pale residue that feels like it would clog my pores quickly. However, it does provide a soft base to apply the powder or liquid foundations. I won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kerli310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I went to the store to get a similar Lumene product, but bought this one because the saleslady basically gave me a speech about how a decent woman cannot possibly live without it.

This purchase was a big mistake. It is very thick and difficult to blend, makes the skin unbelievably dry (even when used after applying a good moisturizer) and I cannot see absolutely no differences in my makeup. Basically it does nothing good to my skin.

I would recommend asking for a few samples before buying - it is an expensive product, better safe than sorry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by maashi

This improves ease of foundation application, and the spf in it is a nice bonus, but I don't think it has made my makeup last longer or look any better. It is not slippery like a silicone based primer, but it hasn't made anything 'better' as such. And I haven't broken out from it. A pretty meh product, but it hasn't given me woes either...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I forgot to bring my daytime moisturizer to my dorm this week so I used this for the SPF. This is a 0.21oz sample I received. It makes makeup go on better, but it doesn't do anything else beyond that. Very basic.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

I don't think mine has SPF in it, but the tube looks exactly like the one on this picture and says " the makeup pre makeup base" or something like that. I found this really expensive and the worse part is I don't really see any difference in my make up or skin when I use it! so I give it 3 lippies since It didn't cause any kind of problems to my skin, but I will not buy again, it's just not worth it at all.