April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Bronzers - Mistura 6-in-1 Beauty Solution

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by MedusaSant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was duped into buying this stuff after seeing it on an episode of Dragons Den... NOT worth the INSANE price of 55$.
It does NOT match everybody like it claims to and I actually have yellow undertones. I used a tiny amount and it looks yellow/orange no matter how sparingly it is applied. As for a "pearly" finish? If by pearly you mean stripey, orange, OIL SLICK.
The pan is not as deep as the brush well either, very deceptive packaging.
I returned it the same day, I can't find one use for this supposed "6 in1" product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by MichelleB03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh. This is advertised as a 6-in-1 product, and I just can't figure out what those 6 things are. Blush, bronzer, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, lip colour? I see it as a blush. If applied all over the face, you will appear shiny. It looks orange as an eyeshadow and lip colour, which isn't flattering on me. It doesn't cover flaws. It doesn't change colour and adjust to your skin. It is a universally flattering blush, and I think that's great, but it is definitely not a miracle product. And it is too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Please stay away from this product. It's the worst product I've used in years. First of all, one shade does not fit all. If you have fair skin, this is way too orangey brown for you. If you have oily skin, this will make you ten times oilier. If you're on this site, you probably like make-alot and so it's no problem for you to find a foundation you like, a powder you like, and eyeshadow/blush etc. YOU DON'T NEED THIS! I returned it after first use. Really, really awful stuff. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by car1199

Returned this item within 24 hrs of purchasing it. I'm not fond of the shinny look. I didn't find much difference when I used it as eyeshadow. Might work well if you wanted just a hint of shimmer? Anyways, first review and I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by cocotrixxy

This is not suitable for Asian skin. It makes the complexion very yellow. But will continue to use it as a blush or for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by CarrieHarold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in November 2009 and then again last week. I don't go anywhere without it. It has literally replaced all the crap I had been carrying around forever. Little did I know that i was wearing the wrong shade. As soon as I put it on my husbdand and children commented. It looks gorgeous on my face and even after using it constantly and even sharing with my daughters it looks brand new. The applicator brushes that I got were lavender and brown with Mistura's logo stamped on it.They were durable and very useful for eyeshadow app and lip app.The blush brush is AWESOME and I actually bought one separate because it;s so nice.The shipping was practically instant and the correspondence from the company was great.Very professional and nice.It washed off with water and takes under a minute to put on. Great no brainer for people like me. Last week I used it in a restaurant on a waitress and had a crowd around me. For fun we tried it out on about 4 women and everyone ooed and ahhed. I first saw it on Dragon's Den and wlil be a lifetime customer. it really is the most unique product I have ever used and I would be lost without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Porrit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just received my Mistura kit in December. From day 1, it did wonderful things for my face. I used only a moisturizer underneath and within seconds it brought my skin to life. In fact, a friend of mine bought some and both of us reported compliments within hours of application. It was pale for my lips but was a great highlight over my dark lipstick (really toned it down). I don't use it as an eye shadow either but then again, I don't wear that anyway. I found that I looked airbrushed and totally blended. Some irregular spots on my face were muted and my skin took on a visibly creamy and flawless look. The retracable brush was amazing - a soft brown goat hair with sturdy ferrule...the kind you pay an arm and a leg for at Sephora. This was a hot seller at BLISS last year and the reviews for the product are generally in the high end of "good". The price point is completely within range for a product of this quality. Customers reported longevity of the product between 12-18 months. To not have to use foundation and concealor underneath makes the total price seem almost ridiculously low. The powder is pressed which as you know, limits the amount of spillage and mess and it takes approximately 20 seconds to apply (if that). I would not recommend this product if you are very very dark skinned with pearl undertones. It would be too washy. I would also not recommend this product to significantly overweight, menopausal or women with perspiration issues. The formula is heat activated and in all cases of testing, I found that it reacted very quickly and became quite bold. I would recommend taking it very easy on application if you fit into these categories.
What also impressed me about the product is how many high-level fans this company has. Hollywood mega-star AnnaLynn McCord is a user as well as older actresses like Mimi Rogers, Beverly Todd and Julia Roberts. The online videos and demonstrations are amazing and give users not only great tutorials but an instant view of how well the product works. The "amateur" before and after shots on the website are also very accurate. I have seen this product featured in US Weekly, Star, Vogue, In Style and Allure among many. This lends not only credibility to the product but also validates to some extent the kind of reaction I got after my first use.
As for the quantity of product in the pan, it weighed exactly what was listed on the packaging and was a cookie-cutter size identical to that of L'Oreal and Guerlain. I lifted the pan out of the compact and compared. This is a standard pan for a compact of this size.

I have read reviews of this product on some Canadian websites and found that all were written by the same 4 disgruntled customers (apparently there were some shipping delays after an appearance on a Canadian show). There have been only 3 negative product reviews about the 6-in-1 Beauty Solution since March of 2008. I think the product speaks for itself...Big Time.

I recommend this product across the board to anyone looking for a super easy, instant result natural glow. If you want to look "made up" without taking the time to get "made up", this is the product for you! Hands down...the best all in one cosmetic I have ever used and I am hooked. I rate this product a 10 out of 10.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by wickedlydark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After some really disappointing results with Mistura (the makeup is a really odd colour on my skin, doesn't provide coverage, and the brushes are useless) as well as horrible customer service problems (7 weeks for product to arrive, rude e-mails etc.) I just about gave up on it.

BUT I did have occasion to use it this month when I was on the go and needed something quick for touch ups. I accidentally dropped the compact, and discovered that the quantity of makeup is really really small. I know they say a year's supply - but it's a paper-thin wafer of pressed powder. Less than 5 grams total apparently.

The brush well looks pretty deep, but the actual makeup well is about 1/3 that. It's pretty deceptive - and, compared to a friend who got the small size for 1/2 the price, the quantity is pretty much the same.

Not a happy customer at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by SwissMiss528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a mini-size of this product (not the full size), which came with 1/8 oz of their Luminada moisturizer and a mini Kabuki brush. The moisturizer illuminates darker areas and primes the skin for the powder. The powder is very versatile. My skin is EXTREMELY light (most foundations, even in the lightest shade, turn up yellow on my skin!). This blended perfectly and looked extremely natural, to my delight. Not too orange or yellow at all. A little bit goes a long way (as they warn you!), so I was careful not to use too much. It gives a nice, warm bronzey shade on the cheeks, nose and forehead. I do have to wear a separate concealer to hide acne scars, but this powder helps to hide the "spots" that the concealer tends to give! I also tried using it as a lip color and eyeshadow. It looks beautiful as a lip color-not too overpowering. On me it comes out to a warm brown (I dabbed a little on over my clear lip balm). As an eyeshadow it turned an obnoxious peach-making my eyes look very odd. I was happy to discover it wipes off quite easily with water, so I wasn't stuck with "peach eyes" all day! Overall I'm quite pleased with this product, and intend to re-purchase :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by wendystation

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Please visit the Facebook discussion forum of CBC Television's Dragon's Den for recent customer feedback on Mistura Beauty Solutions. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=9885974987&topic=12706