Trader Joe's Vitamin E Oil

4.7

soybean oil, vitamin e, coconut oil

on 2/9/2015 7:02:00 PM

This is great on my pregnant tummy. Keeps the itchies away and I think it's lightened some of the stretch marks that have appeared. It soaks in right away, but there is still a nice moist feeling left on your skin all day. The only drawback is the packaging needs to be kept tight or it will spill out.

on 8/8/2014 1:59:00 AM

Really simple and light with no added fragrance. I like to dab this on any scars I have at night to help them fade faster. I also throw some of this in an empty nail polish bottle with extra virgin olive oil to use as a cuticle oil throughout the day and it absolutely works wonders.

If you cut yourself while shaving or have razor burn on your legs this stuff will also do nicely to keep your legs moisturized without having to fear that lotion is going to sting. I've repurchased twice already and will continue to do so to take care of my scars and moisturize my hands.

I honestly think the packaging is a little homely, but it isn't difficult to use and does the job. I really appreciate how quickly it's absorbed by the skin and I'll repurchase!

on 4/30/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love it! So light and absorbs into my skin after I wash my face. No breakouts and I like that it is all natural. It feels better than 100% pure Vitamin E oil - not sticky:) Fragrance free and it doesn't irritate my eyes either. It will be a staple in my beauty routine forever! HG!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A nice oil that I use mixed with other oils on my body daily. I also use this on my hands and cuticles. It works wonders for dry cracked skin. I also use it on my hair as well.

on 10/13/2013 7:57:00 PM

I tried coconut oil to see if I could get something heavier to moisturize. Now that I'm getting older, I am searching for something that won't irritate but that has real healing properties. Since I was a teen I had some mild acne scars. After using the oil for about 3 weeks, my scars are barely visible! My skin is more smooth as it has ever been. Vitamin E oil is used to treat cuts and abrasians because it minimizes scar tissue. It also keeps any acne and blackheads at bay. The only problem is that it works too well and my skin starts to feel dry if I use it a lot. Like if my skin doesn't have a chance to replenish its natural oils. So I've been reading up on pores and the science behind blackheads. Pores naturally create sebum. The more you try to limit the sebum, the more oil your pores have to produce. The vitamin E oil keeps the sebum clear but probably attacks my pores a bit too vigorously and causes irritation (too much of a good thing). I'm not a skin expert so read my post and information for what it is worth. If you have struggled with rough patches and acne scars, this stuff is excellent. If you want to use it for wrinkles and fine lines, I still don't know if it has made a difference yet. Maybe in time. I use it a bit more sparingly (like every other night) or just give myself Vitamin E oil treatments here and there. I've been combining it with Ponds cold cream at night and they seem to compliment each other. OH and I do use it for my hair when I want to give it some repairing. It softens my color processed hair a lot and makes it look more natural. And I used it on a blister on my foot and it healed the blister over night. It has so many uses for sure so I will always keep it handy.

on 3/20/2013 5:13:00 PM

I love this. I went in looking for just pure vitamin E oil for a scar from my knee surgery but only came across this. One day I broke out and thought of putting a decent amount on each one of my zits and it works amazing on not only the irritation but the swelling and make them go away shortly after. My new secret and you know it works because you feel it getting itchy, like healing.

on 2/6/2013 12:59:00 AM

I used this as a daily moisturizer in place of my face cream all winter and I have loved the results! My skin tone looks more even and the texture has become more smooth. I get dry skin in the winter with flaking around my nose and forehead, but this winter has been flake free! It doesn't cause me to break out and has even helped with my acne scars. I double it up as a eye make up remover as well.
One of the best purchases I have ever made! One bottle lasts a very very long time, and to make it even better, it only costs as much as a cup of coffee! Instead of buying face moisturizers and face creams from department stores, I would definitely give this product a try first. :)

This is a very good, very simple moisturizer. I used to spend a lot of money on night creams that never seemed to do anything. This was around $3 and it is perfect--sure, it takes time to absorb into the skin, but it's an oil, so that is expected. It leaves my skin very supple and soft in the morning. It's only been a week so I can't tell how it will benefit me in the long run, but as of now, it's worth it since it hasn't broken me out, it's very affordable, and it is doing it's job as a moisturizer.

I purchased vitamin e oil after I got a pretty nasty gash in my ankle and it left an even nastier scar. A plastic surgeon actually recommended vitamin e oil over the mederma brand scar cream. Every morning and night I would apply a light coat of of the vitamin e on the scar and I can drastically see a difference. Within a week of using the oil you will see a huge difference and continual use will only make the scar improve. If you have stretch marks I would deffinetley recommend you picking this up and giving it a try. And another bonus it's dirt cheap!

on 6/3/2012 11:19:00 PM

A fantastic all-natural face and hair serum for $5. It's a nice lightweight blend of soy, coconut oil and vitamin E so it's not thick and sticky like the vitamin E oils I've used in the past. I put a couple of drops on my face after a shower or before bed and a nickel sized amount through the ends of my hair after washing. It sinks right in and leaves my skin and hair soft, smooth and shiny - without looking greasy! I can even use it in the summer and it doesn't feel greasy. My skin looks more even toned and my pores look tighter, too. I also love mixing a couple of drops with a dollop of body lotion for a silky finish on my legs after I shave. Trader Joe's has amazing, budget-friendly natural beauty products!

Popular Moisturizers