Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 4/17/2015 5:31:00 PM

Love my Mia! FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT WANTING TO SPEND THE HIGH PRICE go to Walmart or CVS and purchase the Swisspers Walnut Exfoliating Sponge (around $2.50each). Use it to exfoliate your face and or body, it works really really good! I used it with 3-4 drops of Dr. Bonners and it lathered really well, but any body wash/bar soap will lather too. FYI I like it more than my Clarisonic because it allows you to concentrate on certain and hard to reach areas like the side of the nose. Wish I would have known about these before purchasing my Mia. P.S girls at sephora said that it is Not necessary to buy replacement brush heads (unless they are splayed) simply wash them with antibacterial soap and keep reusing . The new brushes every 3 months is just to keep making $$.
**keep in mind the walnut exfoliating sponge is hard core! The Buf Puf gentle exfoliating sponge or even the regular version is more gentle on facial skin. Found mine at HEB Plus for $4. They air dry thoroughly over night.

on 4/13/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have extremely acne prone skin. Not sensitive but acne prone. Alot of things break me out (especially silicones). I saved up and finally bought the Clarisonic Mia. It is a wonderful device. There is no doubt about that. It is easy to operate, user friendly and really cleanses well. I noticed that with regular use, there was less gunk on my toner pad. It cleanses so well that I don't feel the need to use a toner afterwards.

Given that, it is not without its irks (apparently nothing is). What surprisingly nobody mentions is that it is a pain in the a** to charge! It takes about a day and a half to charge. Me and my sister use the same device (with different brush heads) and the battery gives up after about a week of usage. I personally find this extremely annoying. I wish the company would do something about it.

A point to be noted is that, this is a cleansing device and not a magic tool. This will clean you skin and solve all the issues that result from dirty skin. All the skin issues (dark spots, fine lines, large pores, even acne) are not due to lack of cleanliness alone. There are alot of other factors at play as well (sun exposure, diet, genetics). If your skin issues stem from something other than a blocked pored, then Clarisonic will do nothing for them. For me personally, it has considerably reduced black head and small zits but my hormonal acne remains the same as ever.

If you are making up your mind about whether to but it or not, study your skin and its issues carefully, and most of all, use it with an open mind. This is cleansing device and not Bubotuber Pus that will miraculously transform your skin.

I really enjoy this tool. I received it as a Christmas present! My face feels super clean afterwards. Charging is pretty simple and only needs to be done once a month for me. My only complaint is about some of the different brush options. I received a couple different kinds to try and the "deep pore" one is SUPER harsh. Too harsh for my sensitive skin. I will definitely avoid that one in the future.

on 4/9/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've struggled with acne since age 11, done several rounds of Accutane and now struggle with mild adult acne. At this point, I believe my acne is here to stay. My acne is a result of my PCOS which means it is hormonal and topical treatments can only go so far as to keep my pores somewhat clean.

Over the years I've found some beauty products and skin routines that work to keep my acne at bay. Mostly I am quite successful (especially when my menstrual cycle is normal and I'm not stressed). I had hoped that the Clarisonic would pimp my routine and make my skin a bit easier to handle. Especially the promise that it can make your topical treatments go deeper into your skin sold me :)

However, the clarisonic does nothing for me.

I enjoy the feeling of 'message' it provides. But it doesn't seem to clean my skin any more than my normal routine - by using my hands - does. In fact, my acne got worse the last months. Not much, but still, considering the price of the Mia I had expected improvement (not a miracle, just, improvement). Which it fails to provide.

I don't like to use extra tools that don't really do anything so I've put it up for sale. I personally think the Clarisonic just makes people more aware of the importance of cleaning your skin, so they wrongly attribute an improvement to this brush while they're actually just finally cleaning their skin on a regular basis.

I already have this awareness for several years and know the importance of a good, DAILY skin cleansing routine so I believe it is a fun and maybe relaxing tool, but not a skin-miracle maker.

on 4/1/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I usually do not write review, but this product truly needs one. I purchase the Clarisonic Mia last summer and the reason I bought was because many people have raved about and my best friend heard it was good too, although she never bought it. When I starting using I knew that my skin was going purging and I was alright with that. My purging of the skin me a month and it was summer and I was working and going out, so my face was not at the best. But after the purging process stop and my acne/blemishes had gone and my skin was clearing up. I have been using the clarisonic for almost a year and I used it twice a day, morning and night every day, because my skin is oily and I wear makeup this is an important step for me, I have a dramatic difference in my face and my mom has compliment me on my skin and how good it looks. To be honest, another reason why I bought this so my mom can get off my back about my skin, but she happy with my purchase. Anyways, I would tell people to try out this product because in order for you to get flawless skin, you have to have the right products and tools to start. When I started using the clarisonic my skin type was combination/very oily, my t-zone will get oily within a half hour. But after using this my skin has change and I'm actually surprised because I didn't think was going to happen, so now my forehead no longer get oily and it just my nose that get oily and the rest of my face is normal. I truly recommend people trying this product out, if it does work for try something else because I think is worth trying out.

PROS:
Clears your skin
Truly deep cleans your skin
Waterproof
Warranty
Comes with brush head

CONS:
Price $$$$

on 3/15/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I wanted this for so long after everyone and their mother raved about it, so I was thrilled when I was able to use my Ulta 20% off coupon on it. I ordered the hot pink one and was SO disappointed with the quality of the packaging--it looked like a cheap Barbie toy. I only used it twice but it caused horrible dryness along my temples and the sides of my face. I don't have sensitive or dry skin at all, but this one did a number on me. I returned it right away because I did not want to risk the whole purging period or more severe flaking skin.

on 3/3/2015 4:13:00 AM

I got this because of my skin clogging problems. I have dry flakey skin and my skin clogged up like nobody's business. I do not like the brush head that came with the clarisonic which is the gentle kind so I got the delicate brush. And wow at how much of a difference it made. At first my skin was kinda breaking out? Like I could see white stuff coming out of my pores but after a week my skin started to clear up. I use it every morning and night, didn't cause any redness or irritation and that is how gentle the delicate brush head is! Highly recommend and definitely worth the investment!

on 2/27/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It isn't the miracle it was made out to be, but it does help to get a good deep clean. I wouldn't purchase this product if I had a fixed beauty budget, because I feel like there are many more low cost options that would do a similar job. I don't super love it,I'm not really sure if it has made any improvement to my skin at all, but I do notice a "cleaner" feeling when I use it

on 2/25/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this and the Olay pro x. They work exactly the same and Olay is waaaaay cheaper. I think having one of the other is impt for skincare routine but all things being equal go less expensive!

on 2/25/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, Clarisonic. You were like my abusive boyfriend in a Lifetime movie. No matter how many times you hurt me--which included, but was certainly not limited to, cystic acne, dryness, irritation, the list truly goes on and on--I kept crawling back to you, hoping, PRAYING that THIS TIME would be different. This time I would only use you a few times a week and things would change! This time I would use a different brush head and voila--porcelain! Alas--we were not to be.

I'll admit that when I first started using this, I used it twice a day, which is probably too much for anyone's skin to handle. But. I also used Proactiv for about seven years, so I think it's fair to say that my skin can take some shit. This was just too much for it. The Olay Pro X, on the other hand, worked miracles. I'd advise anyone who's finding the Clarisonic to be too abrasive but wants the kind of results it's purported to give, to give the Olay brush a whirl.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools