August 20, 2014 | 984 users online

Styling Products - Pureology - Pureology Pure Volume Blow Dry Amplifier

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. It does add thickness. You only need a little, using too much makes you hair 'sticky'. I like the fact it is light weight, my hair does not feel weighed down. I was using Nioxin and Ojon, which were ok.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by YearoftheTiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible, horrible, horrible.
I didn't even use very much product and it made my hair feel grimy. I really didn't notice much volume or change in my hair other than how filthy it felt after using it. My hair felt dirty the next day even after washing. It's like this junk didn't completely wash out. Never again, never again will I use this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

I felt like this dried out my hair, and didn't create any extra volume. I don't know if I am using it right though. I would try to use in a different way, but I felt like it damaged my hair, so i don't think it is really even worth trying to make this product work frankly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by luplaika

Crap in a bottle!!!!! Too much alcohol. Very expensive. Fries your hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This has the same texture of Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt and pretty much the same results. But the Pureology is way more expensive. Save your money and just buy Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! It gives a nice amount of volume, without any negatives...I love that it feels like there is nothing in your hair, it even makes it easier to style. I use velcro rollers and it works great. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. I bought the "try me" size bottle at Ulta for $7.00.
The full size I believe is $22.00.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

At this point I think this may be my HG product. Would never have bought this if my stylist hadn't recommended it to me. I have very fine yet frizzy, curly hair and want something to kill the frizz without taking away the body (in other words, I don't want my hair to be like a cape). This does just that: gets rid of the frizz and maintains body if I plop (google it, curly ladies. and even non-curly ladies!) my hair at night and let it finish drying the next morning. If I use my Deva Curl diffuser and blow dry it, I get TONS of body and volume, but have to be more careful of the frizz factor. For reference, I use about a quarter-or-two-sized dollop and apply after leave-in conditioner w/my head flipped upside down so I get get the sides and everywhere all in one application. (My hair is pretty long). Also, apparently the best thing for keeping color in. Hard for me to tell as my hair is dark and when I color it I can't tell that much, anyway, lol. Also, nice that it's clear b/c it won't interfere with shine and even adds shine.

EDIT: I haven't used this for a while. I'm off silicones and my hair is for the better, and sadly this has them in there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No