Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buffing Beads

3.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 1%; Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Carbomer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Glycolic Acid, Arginine, Cinnamomum Zeylancum Bark Extract, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Sarcosine, Capryloyl Glycine, Propylene Glycol, BHA, BHT, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben ,Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Fragrance. 12/07/09

on 11/26/2012 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

I love this product! I use it once a week, when I have a breakout maybe 2 maximum. It feels really good in the hands and on the skin. Its not too harsh of a scrub and I feel very clean after using it. I do think its pricey, luckily I received a deluxe sample at Sephora when I began having skin problems after using Murad for a looong time. After using it a couple times, I liked it so much I went back for the whole starter set. For the price, I would have to save up. I suggest trying it beforehand during a breakout to see what kind of effect it has on your skin.

on 11/16/2012 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It was my absolute holy grail when I had acne on my face. I'd just use it once and my acne would go away after a day or two. However salicylic acid will make your skin sensitive the more you use it...so when I tried switching up toners, I broke out horribly. Switching anything out would break me out, so when I was told that salicylic acid made skin sensitive, I stopped using it. Since then I can switch face products without worrying about breaking out.

on 4/13/2012 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Considering that this has both salicylic and glycolic acid in it, it is pretty gentle. It leaves my skin soft but kind of dry. I dont find the smell to be anything to comment about, not great but not awful. It's just a scrub so it doesnt stay on your face very long anyway. I think this would be too pricey to use on your body but if you have the funds, that'd be a great use for it.
For my face I prefer dermalogica's microfoliant which is the best exfoliating product I have ever tried.

on 7/16/2011 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Meh. I use it but I don't particularly like it and will not be repurchasing. It's quite expensive for the full size bottle, although I only have a small sample size that I've been using for about two months. The smell is HORRID. Seriously. The first time I used I gagged. It smells like plastic and rotten eggs, not exaggerating whatsoever. But, PTR makes my HG cleanser so I forced myself to keep using. While I don't feel like puking anymore, I still cannot stand the smell. The main reason I don't like it is that it doesn't feel scrubby enough for me. The beads are few and far between. My face just doesn't feel exfoliated after I wash this off.

on 4/18/2011 4:50:00 AM

Initially purchase this for my face but after using, realised that it washes too cleanly on my face, making it drier. Though my face feel smooth and bright after each use, i am still concerned about it drying my skin.

Now i use it on my back instead. Too costly i think.

on 8/1/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this shower gel for my bf and I because we both went had a bout of body acne. While it did clear up the acne for both of us I still get one or two bumps here or there and I usually have no body acne. So I don't think it is very good for preventing acne. This is my first time using a product like this so I have nothing to compare it to but I don't think it is very effective. Oh and there is nothing exfoliating about this gel.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best scrub for oily/acne prone skin. It is gentle, don't expect it to be grainy like other scrubs, however it does work and much better than others. I know it is expensive, but you do get a BIG bottle and it lasts forever. I use this along with my PTR antiaging cleanser because they both contain salicylic acid and thanks to these 2 products I have beautiful, clear skin!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first started out with the sample and I completely fell in love.
The beads make me feel like I am doing some good exfoliating to my face and the smell is great as well. The first time I used this, my face was super soft, I couldn't stop touching it for the whole night. My face probably hasn't been this soft since I was a kid. I decided to buy the full size bottle...expensive but you only squeeze a small dab on your fingers so it will last you for a very long time! I hope this is well worth it!

on 4/6/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is the first non-irritation acne scrub I have ever used. Most burn and are harsh for your skin. This has 1% SA in it for exfoliation, contains GA as well and jojoba. I think this product is quite expensive. Most PTR products are overpriced, I will only buy it from ebay.

on 2/20/2010 1:52:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! I enjoy a good scrub (as they seem to be the only thing that will keep my skin clear). The combo of the salicylic and glycolic acid works great for me. It's expensive, but you also get a lot for your money. As far as the foaming part, after adding water it seems to give me a deep clean. Love it, will buy again!