September 21, 2014 | 2118 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Impactive Multi-performance silkening moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

aqua/watwer, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil, butyrospermum parkii/shea butter, squalane, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, peg-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate, dividynyldimethicone, cetyl alcohol, c12-13 pareth-23, c12-13 pareth-3, diazolidinyl urea, zea mays/corn oil, orbignya oleifera, alcohol denat., tocopheryl acetate, hydrolyzed lupine protein, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, stearic acid, peg -100 stearate, fagus sylvatica, triethanolamine, silica, mel/honey, polyethylene, polycaprolactone, tomato extract, dimethiconol, mgngifera indica, acrylates copolymer, disodium edta, passiflora edulis, methylparaben, butylparaben, tetradibutyl pentaerythrityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, vitreoscilla ferment, prunus armeniaca, glyceryl stearate, oryza sativa, parfum, ci 14700

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by NarnianLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used both the normal/combo skin and the dry skin versions, and the very dry skin formula is still waiting on the shelf. I have only tried a few times, so cannot comment much on that yet.
Both the normal / combo and dry skin versions have very silky texture indeed, and they are a joy to spread on the skin. The first time I owned this was actually back in the 2002 when this was new on the market... My skin was more normal / combo then than it's now (I was living in a hot climate), and this was an excellent moisturizer. Sufficiently moisturizing, and caused no problems with make up.

In the recent years I went thru a very dry period, my skin went crazy with atopic ezxema and was extremeley difficult to appease... I tried this again last fall and surprisingly, it did NOT irritate my face, but seemed to calm it down! I have noticed the peeling effect with make up that so many have mentioned, but with mineral make up it's not an issue - with liquid foundation this is not the best option.

I will not buy this again as it's discontinued anyway, but it was a decent moisturizer. Lancome has come up with worse products than this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I am using a sample of this and was quite impressed. It has a thick, silky texture which is perfect for wintertime, since my skin gets parched from the indoor heating. I suspected this might contain dimethicone because it made my skin so smooth(and it does, as well as mineral oil - see review below) so that was a bit of a disappointment. Also, this doesn't contain SPF and is pretty strong smelling.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by sunkissed10

Oh God what a horrible product. It is very greasy and smelly. I could not stand the smell and I had to hold my breath to apply it.( it smelt like crude oil or car grease). After I couple of times I threw it away . Big mistake Wrote to Lancome via email and they answered me that it could have been issued defective.I never had any luck with their products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by AlexisSano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

IMPACTIVE Stimulating Silkening Moisture -----

Water Glycerin Cyclopentasiloxane Mineral Oil Shea Butter Squalane Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer Cetyl Alcohol C12-13 Pareth-23 C12-13 Pareth-3 Diazolidinyl Urea Corn Oil Orbignya Oleifera Alcohol Denat Tocopheryl Acetate Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Stearic Acid PEG-100 Stearate Fagus Sylvatica Triethanolamine Silica Honey Polyethylene Polycaprolactone Tomato Extract Dimethiconol Mangifera Indica Acrylates Copolymer Disodium EDTA Passiflora Edulis Methylparaben Butylparaben Tetradibutyl Pentaerythrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate Vitreoscilla Ferment Prunus Armeniaca Glyceryl Stearate Oryza Sativa Fragrance CI 14700/Red 4 #################### IMPACTIVE Triple Performance Fluide -----

Water . Cyclohexasiloxane . Glycerin . Cyclopentasiloxane . PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate . Silica . Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer . Dimethiconol . Polyethylene . C12-13 Pareth-23 . C12-13 Pareth-3 . Corn Oil . Tocopheryl Acetate . Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate . Sodium Hyaluronate . Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein . Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine . Fagus Sylvatica Extract . Imidazolidinyl Urea . Honey . Polysorbate-80 . Polycaprolactone . Tomato Extract . Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate . Isohexadecane . Propylparaben . Acrylates Copolymer . Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil . Methylparaben . Octyldodecanol . Vitreoscilla Ferment . Apricot Kernel Oil . Rice Bran Oil . Fragrance . CI 14700/Red 4

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by unaguayabita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this moisturizer for almost a year, one pump seems to be enough, since it glides nicely. I liked it because it's very light weight, doesn't feel heavy or greasy, it's smells pleasantly and it felt like a good moisturizer in general.
My only CON, it has no SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 8:59:00 AM More reviews by ipeque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using impactive ever since i got a sample as a part of a gift package... i've never been a moisturizer fan, hated the oily and heavy feeling on face but with this i never feel either of these... the normal to combination skin formulation really suits my skin type and the moisturizer eases the application of my concealer to otherwise very dry undereyes... definately a beauty must for me...

However, my mum who is 58 and has a drier skin than mine, tested it and found it not enough mousturizing... she said she felt her skin tightening... another downside could be the pump... even though it eases the usage at the begining, towards the end of the product it never pumps out...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ramsi

I have the fluid version for combination skin, and I really like it. It moisturizes my skin perfectly, and makes it feel really soft to touch. Swapping over to Lancome has actually improved my skin, but it might have been that I was just going through a bad-skin-period too?? Now it is getting towards winter though, and my skin is getting drier, so I need to find something more moisturizing.. The major drawback with this one is that it doesnt have an SPF. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2006 5:15:00 AM More reviews by jyaniw

I have the lotion version for combination/oily skin and I love it. Perfect amount of moisture, not at all heavy, leaves my skin fresh-looking and feeling. Only complaint is the lack of SPF which means I really can't use it as my daytime moisturiser because applying additional sunscreen would make my face have a temper-tantrum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by altp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this Moisturizer. My skin is super silky when I apply it on. This is my first time I use it. I will buy it again for sure...I use the lotion texture, maybe try the creme texture for winter time..I use Hydrazen Nuit for night cream...Excellent product.