1000HOUR Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit

4.6

on 5/16/2015 12:39:00 PM

I purchased this based on all the good reviews and was less than thrilled. The tint was orange instead of brown and look very strange. Tried it anyway, thought maybe that was the way it was supposed to look. Not only was it messy and gross looking, it didn't tint my brows even a tiny bit. Customer service was great though, they offered to ship me a new kit or refund my money (took the refund) but after seeing the colour and consistency, just didn't want to take the chance when it was coming all the way from Australia to Canada. Unfortunately this product did not work out for me.

on 3/10/2015 1:01:00 PM

I've used this for years and repurchased several times! I have blue eyes and the blue-black really brings them out! I've also used the brown for lashes and brows and it worked great, but was a bit dark for my brows (I have light brown hair and the dye is more of a medium brown).

Does not fade and lasts for about 3 weeks until my "roots" start to show.

Like the other reviewers, I find that using a mascara spoolie is MUCH more efficient than the little plastic wand they supply. Also, the packaging is a bit bulky for what it is. Otherwise, I really couldn't improve on it at all.

I think carekate originally suggested this, but she isn't around MUA anymore. But thanks, carekate!

on 11/25/2014 8:46:00 AM

I just used this for the first time and I love it! I bought the Blue Black and my lashes look so dark and glossy. It looks slightly purple going on but donít worry it will come out beautiful. Itís really easy to use and it will last a long time! I think I will get a lot more than 12 applications out of it. Also I mixed it so itís a little ďthickerĒ to make sure it didnít drip. Everyone said they couldnít find it but I got mine off of Amazon.

on 11/21/2014 6:14:00 PM

This was my first time dying my lashes, and it was easier than I thought it would be. This product is cheap, but it does the job. Glad I found it. I am blond, with light lashes, and I wanted to look a little "healthier" without having to be wearing makeup. While it doesn't mimic the look of mascara, it makes it look as if I have dark, natural lashes, which is my goal. Worth it. Will repurchase. I got the black/blue, based on other reviews, and I am pleased.m

on 11/2/2014 1:28:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product!
I get it in dark brown and it's perfect. I have blonde hair (not bleach, like a natural beach blonde) and my eyebrows are quite light but I don't find this colour too dark. It gives such a natural look!
It's much cheaper than getting your eyebrows done at the salon and gives the same results! Plus it lasts ages.
I love it and would recommend it to anyone!

on 10/10/2014 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these, I always have them in 'Natural Black' for my eyelashes and 'Dark Brown' for my eyebrows. You get 12 applications from one kit and I find one application lasts about a month. It's also much cheaper than going to a salon and great for people (like me) who don't like other people messing with their eyebrows. I get so many compliments on how long my eyelashes are when wearing this dye and I love how much fuller my eyebrows look once dyed. Also, you don't have to worry about any damage from these products, just follow the easy step by step instructions.

on 6/1/2014 8:59:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I have very blonde lashes and I look scary if I don't use mascara or tint my lashes. This product is wonderful. I swim and using waterproof mascara is a pain to remove, plus its hard on the lashes. I use latisse and tint and I can walk out the door without fear of scaring the children in the neighborhood with my ghostly features. I tint about every 3 weeks to keep my lashes a nice dark tint. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

on 1/3/2014 12:37:00 PM

I was very trependiscous about purchasing this product as i generally just use fake eye lashes or mascara. I've played around with my hair that much that it won't grow past my shoulders with out LOTS of love a expensive products so i was scared what this would do to my eyelashes.

I have naturally white blonde hair to without make up to enhance them, my eyelashes look non existent.

This product is BRILLIANT!! Easy as hell to mix up and then you apply, wait for 10 minutes and rinse then voila! Dark lashes.

Now this product looses points for the crappy little applicator wand that comes with it. It started out ok until i poked myself in the eye and oh my goodness did it sting. Quick eye bath, dried eyes off and started again however this time i used the end of a small eyeshadow brush to apply and it worked wonders.

You don't need to use nearly as much as they suggest on the package as you end up throwing it out so i would say rough half should be sufficient.

The price is also amazing considering a trip to the salon to get this done would cost you the same amount as one box which will last you roughly 6 months... You do the math.

I'm not sure how well this would work for those who already have dark lashes but for us fair haired gal's, i won't be turning back!

on 11/21/2013 1:23:00 PM

I love this lash tint.

I buy it in blue-black, which is nice and dark and gives my lashes a sort of glossy-looking colour. I use the little wand that comes with it, and make sure when I mix it up that I don't make it too liquidy - if it's too runny it can get in your eyes which is a bit dangerous and burns like a mother. I like to make it in a more gel-like consistency, and put on a couple layers instead of globbing it on. I don't find that I have to use vaseline this way, as long as I have a few q-tips on hand to wipe away any stray dye. The blue-black WILL stain purple, so you need to be quick about getting it. The dye also lasts for a really long time...I'd say at least a month. And you need to use so little when you mix it up (the directions have you mixing far too much of it, it's really excessive and you'll just waste product that way).

You also need to be aware that an eyelash dye will NOT make your eyelashes look like you're wearing mascara. It doesn't thicken, and it doesn't lengthen. It just darkens what you have already there.

I use this because it makes me look better and more awake when I'm not wearing makeup. As a blonde, my lashes are hard to see naturally, and if you can't see them well, I just look a bit sickly. Using this, I feel pretty when I wake up.

As long as you have realistic expectations of this product, I highly recommend it. It is by far the best at home lash tint.

on 8/24/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off the only place I have found this product is Australia which kind of scares me (how come I cant get it in the states?) but good eyebrow/eyelash dye is hard to come by so I sent off for it. When I got it the boxes had "Poison" in bold letters written all over it. That made it real desirable to use...not. But I used it anyway and it worked really well. The applicator is a joke. I used an old mascara wand for eye lashes and an old spoolie for my brows. I have blue eyes so I use the blue black for my lashes and it makes my eye color pop! I started using rapidlash about 12 weeks ago and I felt it wasn't working until I dyed my eyebrows and lashes. Wow! What a huge difference it all made.