October 24, 2014 | 934 users online

Fragrances - Rosie Jane - Leila Lou perfume oil

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by jcho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can I just say, underwhelmed? First of all, my bad for buying this scent based on reviews here saying it reminded them of the beach and more importantly referencing Monyette, which is my all time fave. Guess what? It's nothing like that. Not even close. More like Miss Marissa by Ebba. The pear blossom is way too strong for my liking and cheapens the fragrance. You get a glimpse of the nectarine and grass for about a minute after you initially put it on. The jasmine is so overpowered by the pear blossom and that says a lot since jasmine is typically pretty strong. Where o' where is the vanilla and white musk? Still waiting for you to appear. It would help me out with the need to scrub my skin clean so no trace of this scent is left. That's what I get for straying, listening to reviews that are off the mark and buying a fragrance without smelling it first. Lesson learned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I love this. I'm 16, and I dislike the insipid florals marketed towards my age group. I have a nice collection of spicier scents, but I had no nice simple florals. I smelled this recently and found it glorious. I'm not quite sure of the notes, but it is a sweet (but not too sweet) summery floral which, as another reviewer said, smells like being at the beach. I also like that it stays close to the skin, sometimes it's nice to only be smelled by those closest to you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Leila Lou by Rosie Jane is a soft, sweet and fresh fragrance that has amazing lasting power as it is a 100% natural oil. Very similar to Kai and Monyette. Rosie Jane also offers a 4th bottle for free if you send back 3 empty ones to recycle. A nice spring/summer fragrance to wear everyday. Would re-purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I won't go into the notes of this fragrance, as reviewers below have done the job nicely. It's a fresh, clean floral-fruity scent with a drydown very similar to Clinique Happy. The fragrance oil lasts a good 6 hours on me, which is impressive on my oily skin. I probably would not repurchase this again since it's so similar to Happy. While it's a pleasant scent, it really isn't a very unique scent at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by impendingrapture

Wow, I wish I'd read the review on Beauty Junkies before I bought this stuff! I ordered it before smelling it (just like my NEVER touched bottle of Clean) and it came today. I got suckered in by the couple of reviews I read raving about it. As soon as I opened it and gave a good whiff I immediately knew I hated it, just like my NEVER touched bottle of Clean. From the reviews I expected something slightly warmer with fresh cut grass notes, and a simple citrus- along the lines of BCBGirls Nature. Nope, not at all! It smells very similar to Clean to me, like soap. Not good smelling scented soap though, like the soap that just wants to smell like soap- blech! I hope I learned this time--- ONLY BUY PERFUME IN PERSON!!! I also really had high hopes for the note of pear as it is one of my favorite smells- a la Pear Glacee from Victoria's Secret. Again, not a chance. I don't want a perfume to make me smell clean, I am generally clean of my own volition- my shower gel makes me smell clean! Big thumbs down on this one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by LLJ07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this fragrance. I have two young kids and it always make me feel fresh as soon as I put it on (even if I haven't had a shower). It smells like summer and cleanliness to me. Love love love it. I also just bought the candle too, all I can say is OMG, my house smells like I live in a permanent vacation spot.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by blr360

This is sweet sweet sweet! The pear scent is overpowering to me. I like the idea, and would enjoy a candle in this scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rljp

Oh my goodness what a beautiful and light fragrance! It's very light, dreamy, beachy and pretty. It starts off with a faint citrus but with a sandy twist. Do you know that smell your skin takes on, when you've spent a day at the beach, it's the mixture of salt water goodness, the sand and florals. The top notes are nectarine and grass, middle notes are jasmine and pear blossom, but not the pear that is crisp and ripe, but softer and the jasmine is watered down and lovely. The vanilla and cotton musk are the base notes and they too are incredibly soft. This scent can work on almost everyone and I'd definately recommend this to people who loathe perfumes because it's so gentle and timid. Jasmine fans, you should try this because it's a jasmine that is so light and fluffy, it's truly interesting. Also, if you're a fan of Kai, Monyette Paris, you might like this perfume. This perfume oil lasts a long time on your skin, it's 100% natural and made in the USA!