E.L.F. Studio Line Lip Primer & Plumper

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

Lip Primer: Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Mica, Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Cassia) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl glycol, Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Lip Plumper: Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax),Ozokerite Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Mica, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first E.L.F product I have ever purchased and I'm sorry to say I will not again.

I picked this up for it's bargain price and like so many of us, I was looking for something to make my lipstick last longer. I have heard good things about the E.L.F brand so I thought I would give it a go.

First off, the plumping end. Even though it was quite moisturizing, it didn't really have any plumping effect at all. It also didn't smell the best, kind of like synthetic cinnamon if that makes any sense. I never use lip plumping products so all this didn't really bother me, so I remained hopeful for the primer end. All that hope was crushed however when I saw that the lip primer looked more like a face concealer stick and smelled like one too. I applied it to my lips and it immediately became patchy and clumpy. I applied a rose pink colour lipstick over the top which turned neon baby pink instantly. Thinking maybe I applied too much primer, I wiped it all off and applied only a very thin layer of primer followed by my rose pink lipstick. Neon baby pink again.

I was genuinely surprised at the poor quality of this product but sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Not again, sorry.

Pros ~ Sleek packaging. Price.

Cons ~ Plumper doesn't plump. Primer primes for a awful lipstick shade. Very thick and clumpy. Feels like a face concealer.

on 2/19/2015 3:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't use the primer side a lot, and anyways I'm too pale for it, but the plump side is perfect. I prefer not to use too much makeup on a day-to-day basis, especially not lip makeup, so this is perfect. smells lovely, makes my lips feel plumper without being sticky or very obvious and makes them just a little more pink because of the blood flow. they also last long for me despite keeping it with me at all times.

on 2/9/2015 12:06:00 AM

I actually really liked it, especially for the prime side. I do use the plump side as well because it smells like cinnamon and it gives a nice tingle although I don't think it pumps at all, but it is pretty moisturizering, but the prime side A+ it really looks on and gives color so much vibrancy

on 1/26/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok. I've never used lip plumpers nor have I ever used a lip primer so take my review for what it's worth. Let's start off with the primer -

I use this primer for that messy OCC lip star that smears everywhere. Surprisingly this primer keeps the mess at a minmum. It goes on smoothly and is scent free. The downside is that it changes the color of the lipstick from a blood red to a deep purple? Is lip primer supposed to do that??

The plumper. Oh GAWD!!!! Ok, my lips are already "plump" so I really don't need this stuff but...is lip plumper supposed to be so f'ing UNCOMFORTABLE?? It burns. It tingles. It itches. It makes my lips feel numb. :-( No bueno! I do like the cinnamon
taste though *note to self: buy a box of Red Hots tonight*

If you guys haven't gotten the hint yet, no I will not be buying this thing again. :(

on 11/25/2014 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'll start with the good part of this product and say that the plumper is pretty nice. It doesn't actually do a whole lot of plumping for my lips, but it's very moisturizing and I like the feeling of the cinnamon when applying.
The primer, though, is just terrible. I wasn't much of a lipstick-wearer until this year, so I've never really used any lip primer. I decided to just give it a shot since it was $3 and it was the first lip primer I saw. Application alone was a hassle, and it messed up the color of one of my lipsticks (Revlon Matte Sky Pink) when I put it over the product. Since I was in a rush that day, I ended up taking off all the products on my lips and left- the bare lips didn't make my planned look look as complete.

I'm only using the plumper part right now, and once I'm finished with that, I'm tossing the product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The plumper works well in plumping my lips because of the cinnamon oil in it.
The primer, however, is pale yellow-white and it changes the colour of my lipstick.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim in my local grocery store, and immediately came back to look at the reviews on makeupalley (I usually do this beforehand, but since it was $3, I decided to take a risk). Needless to say, I was not excited to try this after reading the reviews. I debated returning the product, but ultimately decided to try it out for myself and see what I could do with it.

I tried the plumper first. Like many have said, it immediately falls out of the tube, so I had to keep pressing it back in. The cinnamon smell didn't bother me (I like cinnamon), and the tingling wasn't really a "burn" like others have mentioned on my very dry, chapped lips and faded quickly. The plumping effect was okay, nothing amazing, but my lips did look kind of "smoothed out." I had put Lansinoh lanolin underneath, and my lips did look better with the plumper vs. just with the lanolin.

Now for the primer - I decided not to even try it on my lips after reading all of the horrible reviews. Instead, I tried it under my eyes. I have very fair skin and extremely translucent skin under my eyes, so I have dark purple undereye circles. I just rubbed the tip of the primer with my finger until it warmed up and then patted it onto my dark circles. The consistency was very creamy but not too thick and to my surprise, it did not cake or crease at ALL under my eyes. I applied a few layers and the yellow tint was nice to cancel out my purple undereyes, and the coverage was decent with a satin finish, again with NO caking or creasing whatsoever. I applied my Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair on top and patted that in and it was a really effective combo! I will definitely be using this as a sort of "undereye primer" again; it honestly surprised me with how well it worked. I don't think this would work on darker skin tones, but hopefully this will help at least someone who is unwillingly stuck with this product!

on 11/1/2014 11:49:00 AM

Please don't waste your money on this! The only redeeming quality of this product is the cinnamon-flavored lip plumper (I'm obsessed with cinnamon ;-P) The primer is worthless, icky and changes the color of your lipstick... The plumper fell out of the tube after a few uses, so ended up throwing this away.

on 9/5/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I should have read the reviews first. This product is crap. The primer is a sickly yellow/white on me, and it is not even as effective as simply patting on concealer.

The plumper is the same old cinnamon oil irritates your lips trick other brands have used for years. The look also doesn't last long...which is good because a red, inflamed lip line isn't exactly attractive. God help you if your lips are chapped when you use this. They will sting, and the primer will cling to every line and crease. This isn't worth $3, or 3 cents for that matter.

on 8/12/2014 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wasn't too happy with this product. The primer is why too thick and makes it hard too put other colors. The plumper is okay for the price though.

Popular Lip Treatments