August 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Sunscreen - Coppertone - NutraShield Dual Defense 70+SPF

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on sale and it was not a good purchase for me. I was looking for a sunscreen to wear on my face underneath my make-up. This lotion was super thick, never really felt like to absorbed into my skin, and within an hour of applying my make-up I looked oily and one hot mess. I tried to use this product for my body as an alternative to tossing it out or trying to give it away. Sadly, I didn't like how it felt on my skin. Pretty much made me feel and look greasy all over.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this product is awful, it gives me huge, painful cystic acne, it's hard to apply, is super greasy even for my extra dry skin,smell is really bad too. never again!
this is the review for the dual defense 70+spf for face, even for my body is too greasy and leaves a white film.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by flagrl561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this on clearance. It is an okay product. It leaves a sticky film so you always know you have it on. It's not easy to smooth on. It's thick. It is way too oily for the face. I don't even know if it's waterproof because it doesn't say so on the packaging but on the back it says to reapply 80 mins after swimming.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this sunscreen at my local Dollar Tree. What I love about it is that it only has a slight sunscreen smell, which is unusual for sunscreens with this high of an SPF. I do not use this on my face because I'm sensitive to avobenzone and because it leaves a sheen on the skin. The slight oiliness is actually a pro for me because it gives my skin a sheen which I like; almost like I smoothed baby oil on my skin. I can see how some people might not like this or the slight stickiness but it doesn't bother me. I like how the bottle looks, not like a typical sunscreen bottle. If I can find this again at the Dollar Tree, I will def. repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by anasofie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this high SPF sunscreen. I see many people say it's too greasy. But I noticed the shiny residue was also mostly absorbed. It offers superb protection and is a good all-over sunscreen for serious protection. It smells very nice, not like a sunscreen at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this sunscreen for $1 in a Dollar Tree store. It's perfectly satisfactory for general, outdoor, body sunscreen use. I basically use this as a backup. It's slightly heavy to apply, which is why I wouldn't wear it on my face, versus my Hawaiian Tropic Baby SPF50, or another (Avon) regular favorite of mine. Still, something is better than nothing at all. Inoffensive scent and lasts reasonably well, if you follow the directions on the packaging (commonsense).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have purchased 3 of these so far this year. i am very pleased. what i like most about this sunscreen is that it doesnt clog my pores and "retains SPF after 80 minutes of activity in the water or sweating." i ONLY use this when i exercise outdoors without any makeup. this is the first sunscreen i have used in my entire life that didnt break me out which surprised the crap out of me. if i let the application sink in i dont experience an oily residue. i usually apply a serum first, after that sinks in i apply this over it. i also appreciate that it contains vitamins A & E.
active ingredients~ 3% Avobenzone (which i know many avoid but in this product it doesnt irritate me) , 15% Homosalate, 5% Octisalate, 10% Octothecrylene, and 6% Oxybenzonesince. Inactive ingredients~ water, butylene, mircocrystalline, cellulose, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, diethylhexyl syringylidenemalonate, tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, stearic acid, palmitic acid, lauryl alcohol, myristyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, lecithin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, chlorphenesin, cellulose gum, butylated PVP, disodium EDTA.
i know this contains alot of stuff but if it works for me then i am thrilled especially if i can find it in a drugstore. when i wear this i NEVER experience a sunburn nor any slight redness from sun exposure. in a nutshell this product has not caused me to breakout or sunburn. nor does this cause any stinging even underneath my eyes where i slather it most. i will continue to use this when i exercise or swim outdoors. i would pay full price for this since i love the results so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This sunscreen is thick! I have dry skin that usually absorbs body lotion on my face just fine but this left my face shiny and slick. It's like it's whipped too. I must use powder over this and sometimes it doesn't feel like it's enough. I don't like the top design because you must make sure to wipe away all the sunscreen or else it'll leave a oily ring on your dresser. The sunscreen works very well and I have no complaints on its effectiveness.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by PinkBerryPrincess

This review is for Faces SPF 70 Lotion. I wear sunscreen daily because of Retin-A. I don't burn when I wear this, even though I apply less than 1 tablespoon only in the morning. It says it's non-greasy, but it makes my face really shiny, so I have to wear mattifying powder on top. The bottle is sturdy and stands on its cap. The formula is thick so it doesn't leak out. The price is good, similar to other d/s s/s. I wouldn't buy it again because there are so many other sunscreens to try out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a bottle of the Faces formula that I tried over the summer. I am cautious about sunscreens so I first tried it on my hands and neck. Immediatley I knew it was WAY too greasy. My neck felt oily and moist for hours. I never used this on my face because it would have been disgustingly slick on my combo to oily skin.