October 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Olive Oil Masque

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ashleygrim

This mask doesn't really do anything for me. I realize it's not supposed to be clarifying, but my skin is exactly the same after I take it off as it was before I put it on. I don't notice any extra moisture, it doesn't make my skin supple, it doesn't make it any softer.

I'm a retin-a user and I purchased this mask to use on mornings my skin is particularly dry or sensitive. Maybe somebody with dehydrated skin or just somebody with dry skin normally would have better luck with it, but my skin seems to need something heavier. It does smell good and feel nice on my skin, it just doesn't change anything about the condition of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

This masque smells amazing. The texture is completely awkward. It dries funny. It feels good on the skin. It's not irritating or harsh. I have mixed feelings about it. If you have dry skin, this will probably work wonders for you. I have oily skin so I just used it to pamper myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by pandapaige

My face has never felt as smooth and moisturized as it did after this mask! So soothing for dry, sensitive skin. And with the price you just can't beat this mask. I have combination, acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask is my skin's super cheap treat since a spa facial is usually out of the question. My skin is really dry and sensitive and this product didn't cause any irritation. In fact, it was quite soothing. I love the consistency, it's really creamy but not too sticky. Lately, I've been using it daily for extra moisturization and it leaves my skin soft and smooth. Plus it washing off easily. I've had the same bottle for over a year so it lasts a good while even with very generous applications. I'm really tempted to spread it on my whole body one day. I got it for around $5 at Sally's for a 6oz tube, which is a great deal. I've heard great reviews on the mint julip mask and since I'm so happy with this product I might by they're whole line of mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bisco

I've been suffering from dry skin lately, and this works really well with all the new products I've gotten to fight the dry skin. Usually I use acne related products to fight blemishes, or better yet, prevent them. I don't have acne, but i can have a break out here or there, that can involve two pimples. Well, I had two and I dried them out with BP. BUT whoops, it's been snowing and 20 degrees where I live, and alas I made my skin patchy, flaky, itchy, and irritated. Mostly near my chin and jaw line.

I tried everything, but it was bad. I had to swap my entire skin care regimen after a week or so. Clean&clear moisturizer got changed to vitamin e intense moisturizer by the body shop. My cleanser went from Neutrogena oil free daily face wash, to aqua marina by lush to combat the redness. I usually swear by Queen Helene's mint julep mask, but this has replaced that. It doesn't break me out, it's healed my skin, and my face feels baby soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by miikoong

Contains mostly natural ingrediants with a few other bad things in it such as fragrance. The second time I used it and followed the directions properly when I rinsed my face off and dried my face I have acne and my face was dramatically less red and soft texture. Its not a bad product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have somewhat sensitive skin and don't find this product to be irritating. My face tingles very lightly while the mask is penetrating my dry skin. The result is softer skin. I use this mask all over my body - I like it especially on my lower legs, where skin tends to be super dry during winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by KatrinaStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I have sensitive and very dry skin. It moisturizes my skin without it being greasy. It only tingles a little if i exfoliate before which is understanding since that irritates my skin. it does kinda leave a film over my skin but that helps lock in the moisture so I don't know why everybody is complaining about that. I bought it at sallys for 4.79 :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow.. i love this stuff and i honestly figured everyone else must too. lol. but i can understand it not being the best for oily skin.
i use this when my face feels particularly dry during the evening. i think its best used after exfoliating and cleansing.. kinda like a moisturizer (that you have to rinse off). even the bottle says to use on clean skin, so i guess it isnt intended to clean your pores or anything.
this is perfect for winter-time while sipping a nice cup of tea. and taking it off with a washcloth is much better than rinsing. definitely my all time favorite moisturizing mask.
EDIT- i decided to mix a little with my mint mask thats used for drying up acne and i love this even more!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by briagirl11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry skin because I spend my life in an air conditioned environment. I gravitated to this product because it says good for dry skin. After trying it a couple times, I love it! My skin felt great afterwards, and it was easy to apply and remove.

Pros: The instructions were very concise and easy to follow. I liked the texture (creamy, not too oily). The fragrance was pleasant and very mild. My skin felt great afterwards (I have no idea what other reviews were referring to when they mentioned a burning sensation- I haven't experienced that with this product).

Cons: it does leave a slight residue on your skin if you just use water to wash off- I used a damp wash cloth, and that took care of it.

Overall, I'm a fan.