April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Lady Bug

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BeautyKiller666

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this so much! With some winged eyeliner this is perfect for that quick Marilyn Monroe look that I was going for. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Jexxie123

I have a medium skin tone and brown hair with little bit of highlight, and this color works perfect for me. It is a tomato kind of red color. Red with a hint of orange in it. It looks really natural. If you are just starting to wear red color, i think this will be a perfect one to start with. It is not too red and it looks like an everyday red color. I personally think this color will suit people from fair- medium dark skin very well.

Pros:
-Color really brightens up your face. you can just wear black eyeliner and pop on this lipstick and you'll look fresh instantly, or even when you skip the eyeliner, this lipstick will still works really well to give you that pop of color freshness.

- The color pay off is really great too! the color is buildable. You can go from sheer to intense by applying 2-3 layers of it.

- Being lustre formulation means that its got a little bit of shine to it which is perfect as it does not look to drying on the lips. Also, it moisturizes the lips more than the matte formulation.

- I find that when this lipstick fades, the color is still pretty. it does not make it look too obvious when it fades.

Cons:
- Lustre formulation is not long lasting. It needs a little bit of work done to make it stays on for longer. Without lip liner, this lipstick keeps on sliding off. It easily bleeds and it does not look as great. I found that the best way to use this lipstick is to first use a lip liner to line and fill in your lips, moisturize with a lip balm, dab your lips on a piece of facial tissue, and then use the lipstick. By doing this, you are preparing your lips to have something to stick on to and still have moist lips without being overly too moist. Just remember to moisturize your lips the night before so it will look better.

- I have to reapply about 3 times in about 10 hours of wear (i think its pretty normal but it would be more awesome if the color stays on a bit more and not bleed too often)

hope this review is useful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I loooove this color, since it's not too bright or anything it's good for everyday wear :) it's so perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have to say much as the others have said it all - perfect shade of red for anyone / everyday / newbies to red lippies. It does have a hint of orange to it but i mostly find this attribute when it fades. When it's fresh on, all i see is the nice cherry yet subdued red which instatntly brightens my face. I love everything about this lipstick. I'm NC20 for reference.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ChelsSos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So here's what you need to know about this shade - I got it because I wanted to be trendy at the time and do the "Taylor Swift" thing where she did the red lips and the cat eyes with liquid black mascara, but I felt like I couldn't pull off red and was anxious about purchasing a lip color. So the friendly girl at the Macy's MAC counter (who had incidentally picked my favorite lipstick of all time two years back from when I went to my high school prom) put this one on me.

Here are the pros - I am not a very bold make-up person I like neutrals and I wasn't ready for a cherry red. This red has a slight orange tint and has the ability to go on very sheer or be built up heavily and it stains nicely so that when it does wear off its not like you never were wearing lipstick.

Here are the cons - The taste is AWFUL! It is like eating a crayon and it smells that way too. I don't really feel it stays very long but I also just apply and go without any effort to make it stick. I usually tend to suggest a 3 to 4 layer process if one is going to be serious about wearing their lipstick. (reminder: 1.moisturize; if necessary 2.line 3.lipstick 4.glaze)

Anywho! I can't stand the taste so I will probably re-shop when I run-out and find a new brand. If not well, beauty is pain my ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lipstick. Very smooth, pigmented and soft. Easy to wear red for everyday.
I also love the name, so cute :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this colour! It's perfect to wear everday/casually, it's a bit darker and more subtle compared to ruby woo. I would say it's a good beginner red lipstick for people who are still hesistant to try brighter reds. Out of the red lipsticks I tried on at MAC (ruby woo, russian red & ladybug) I would say that this red was the most suitable for my fair asian skin tone

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice sheer red, feels supple on the lips, but it slids around too much for me to really love it. I have to be careful how much I apply, and how much I rub my lips together, or else it ends up seeping out over my lip line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jennc91

I am rating this lipstick a 5 stars because this is the best shade of red I have ever worn. This works well on every skin type including fair skin types. Since it has a yellowish undertone, the color is not overly red. The only thing that annoys me sometimes is how sheer it gets since it is a lustre lipstick. It is also a buildable color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe this lipstick is best suited for yellow or olive based skin tones. I'm a fair skinned yellow based skin tone (fair asian skin) and this is the best red I've used thus far. Russian Red is better for neutral or cool toned women, or dark skin. But Russian Red looked too bold on me. I tend to shy away from red, worried I will look too clownish. But this lipstick, with one coat, is not too bold but gives a great color payoff and beautiful luster. Two coats or more obviously makes it more bold but the creaminess and slight luster keeps it from looking too severe.

The sales lady said it had orange tones in it. I have mid color berry lips and I bring out the pink in many lipsticks. So while I could see a little bit of orange, it also came out a little pink for me because of my natural lip color. But the little bit of orange (pretty subtle) gives the lipstick a little warmth, which compliments warm skin tones. I can imagine this lipstick still looking great on fair skin cool toned gals if they paired it with the right blush!