December 18, 2014 | 1754 users online

Sunscreen - Nivea - DNAge SPF 50 Facial Sun Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by nogar02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Been using it for a month and a half now.
I have combination/oily skin, so most drugstore skin products either leave a really oily finish, or (in the worst cases) break me out. And I never break out.
But, I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a sunscreen, and there was a sale, and boy, am I glad I bought it!
Gotta be my top drugstore products. I'm super fair - 5 minutes in the sun and I look like a freaking tomato. With this one on I can be out in the sun all day and nothing happens. It feels wonderful on the skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by smartsassy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

by far the best sunscreen i have used. It did not make my face oily and kept me from getting tanned, even though i spend hours out in the sun. Definite HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

Finding a good facial sunscreen that wasn't oily, pasty or bad-smelling was a battle. I used to use Clinque City Block but it didn't come in a high enough SPF. This dries to matte and does an excellent job of protecting my skin. It has no smell and is pleasantly moisturizing without being too sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

This is definitely the most cosmetically elegant facial sunscreen I have ever used. I have been using it for a week now & am very impressed. Previously I have used LRP Dermo paediatrics SPF40, Sofina Lucent SPF50, Clinique superdefense SPF 25 & loads of others-so far this stays the most matte throughout the day for me. I like the Sofina but I do find that my makeup does not last well enough over it & I get somewhat oily during the day while using it. I did prefer it to LRP though. The super defense is OK but again its cosmetic elegance doesn't last the day for me, unlike the much cheaper Nivea.

I have combo skin, oily t-zone, dry-ish cheeks.This is quite moisturising, much more so than sofina but doesnt turn into an oil slick during the day.It is much more of a thicker s/s than others I have used but it absorbs well and has a nice finish. Its scary how thick it is when it comes out-its the exact opposite to the water-y sofina. It also feels very comfortable on. My makeup always lasts better without s/s under it, but when I use this, my makeup lasts almost as well as it does usually. I can relax knowing that my makeup is not sliding down my face which I never could with other s/s.

The only downside is I have to wait about 10 or 15mins post application before applying makeup or it will melt off. do a gentle pat of my skin with a tissue before applying my m/up. Currently (March 2010) This is about €16 in Ireland & is currently BOGOF in Boots.

Other posts have commented that it runs out pretty quickly-it does come in a smallish tube with a pump top-I have only been using it a week so don't know how long it will last. I'll be using it as my daily moisturiser. So far no breakouts, my skin seems to like it-Please Nivea keep making this & dont ever discontinue it!!!

Other HG products for me include: LUSH Imperialis moisturiser, Clarins cleansing cream for combo skin, Armani foundation, Clarins beauty flash balm.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is from a range that I wouldn't normally use these days. I bought it because I hadn't been very impressed with several facial sunscreens and so looked to my trusty MUA reviews.This is great. I am exceptionally prone to breakouts so was worried about adding yet another layer of products to my face. I don't get on well with most moisturisers as they block my pores- am still searching for a decent one. This is lovely, reasonably priced, doesn't aggravate my skin, even in hot weather, is light and pleasant to use and I think my skin looks healthier when I use it. Its just nice and it seems to do its job. Update: I don't like the fact this makes my face shiny and the main sunscreen ingredient is Avobenzone. Although it seems to be the only sunscreen I can tolerate other than Zinc which is so so difficult to get hold of in UK. (Why aren't we wise about sunscreen in this country?- does anyone know?)
Update
Of course you all know its been discontinued. I have searched high and low for one that suited me as well as this and am still searching. Green People, Biotherm, St. Tropez....Why Nivea, why?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shushkin1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This for me is a CLW. I have tried loads of sunscreens
over the years and tried all the face specific ones going.
This suncreen has a great high spf values which is
very important but even better it is a great base for my
mineral makeup. It is too too rare to find a good facial sunscreen that has both these properties. Well done, Nivea
for creating this non irritating, non horrid smelling, non greasy fab product to protect my skin from the sun and still allow me to wear great long lasting makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Kabel

Very slightly moisturising and leaves skin feeling very natural to the touch, but leaves a definite film on the face that remains too shiny (for me) and also somehow causes crows feet to appear "sharper" for want of a better word - they form definite sharp creases rather than my usual soft folds. So - no I would not buy again. I could deal with the shines using powder but I don't like the creases. I use sunscreen to avoid wrinkles - not make them look worse!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by KNgcakani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can’t get over this SS, decided to try it based on the 2 lonely reviews below and I am always on the lookout for the perfect SS. Suffice to say that this is probably as close to HG that I have ever gotten to any SS as my 44 year old skin is chronically adverse to SSs of all types be it chemical or physical. I was incredibly skeptical when I tried this out on the first day- DO NOT glob it on. My beloved MUAers this stuff works in the most absurd of ways –

Day 1: Went on a little oily with a bit of a caste but promptly dried to a somewhat matte, dewy invisible finish. Made a great primer for my Double Matte EL Liquid Foundation, here’s the kicker though during the day I got somewhat worried because all the blemishes and irregularities that I had seemed to be rising to the surface of my face, even the ones I did not know I had – I honestly thought this was breaking me out as is characteristic of most SSs. Come to my evening cleansing routine – off comes this product and all the gunk with it – discolorations also looked like they had faded significantly. Curiously .. I go on to …

Day 2: Less blemishes rise to the surface, skin looks more glowy and makeup stays fresher for longer and after cleansing skin looks less stressed, lines softer and the few pigmentation spots that I have, have faded even more. Aghast, I am on …

Day 3: Will update in 2 weeks on adverse reactions and/ or reversal of fortunes as currently this reads like some kind of Miracle Product and ever the skeptic, I can’t help feeling that this is too good to be true …

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Quantity; 50ml.
Price; £14.99
UK (Boots) - (Buy one Get One Free)
UVA EU Complain
4 Star Rating
Pumb Bottle
Water Resistant
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Faster, this sunscreen is brilliant for dry skins as it's moisturizing but yet dries matte in 10 minutes and not greasy at all. It's lovely if you are not allergic to Fragrance or any ofthe ingredients. I will use it even though It's very expensive fot 50ml Bottle. As I only spend money on a sunscreen and nor much else when it comes to skincare I am not bothere about the price much. though I took a star off b/c of that.

The Package is the best I have found as it;s clean and hygenic .

Texture; They claim it's light, it's not it's a cream off white colour but it absobs incrdibly well into the skin.
------------------------------------------
INGREDIENTS; Aqua C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecanol, Butylene Glycol / Dicaprylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmetane (Avobenzone) ,Octocrylene, Alcohol Denat, Bis- Ethylexyloxyphenol, Methoxyphenyl Triazine (Tinosorb S), Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenylbenzimidazole,Sulfonic Acid, Diethylexyl butamido triazone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Miristate SE, Glyerin, Ethylexyl Methoxithinamate, Creatine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Folic Acid, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Tapioca Starch, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, peg-4, Castor Oil, Sodium cetearyl Sulfate, Xantam Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Acrylate C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyetahnol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum.
------------------------------------------------
MYSELF: Slightly Dry, Resistant, Pigmented and Wrinkled. Hardly ever breaks out.

Sunscreens I use; La Roche Posay Extreme Fluid SPF50+, Boots Essentials SPF50+, Garnier Spray Sentitive SPF50+

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Facial sun creams/screens are a jungle & its hard to find one that ticks all the boxes.....but i may have found one that does! (for me anyway).

My skin:Dry, affected by weather/heating & im a naturally pale skinned person.I use a retinoid at night & this caused my want for good SPF protection daily - but it needed to be wearable, not white on my skin & not too greasy yet moisturising.All hard things for a higher SPF cream to offer

I also enjoy wearing makeup so i need a stable SS also on that provides a decent base for foundation - i found most were too greasy/slippy for foundation to be applied over and i ended up with an oil-slick on my face.

Enter Niveas DNAge SPF50 Facial Suncrem - it comes in a blue pump 50ml bottle which i sperfect for getting the right amount out & keeping wastage to a minimum.The cream itself is white and a little white upon initial application but once its rubbed in it finishes to a satin finish with no white cast & leaves my skin really comfortable and looking fantastic!I am mroe than happy not to wear MU while wearing this product. It comforts my dry skin and feels almost balm like - no sticky/greasy feeling like a lot of facial suncreams can be.It has that beautiful Nivea fragrance which i love - but this goes once the cream is absorbed.

Another wonderful feature of this SS is that it is almost primer-like - it gives a wonderfully smooth yet "grabby" base for my liquid foundation.

I paid about 15euros for this here in Ireland & it was well worth every penny.I hope this is never discontinued as it is a dream-product.Please do try it!

(they also have a SPF30 version - which i tried & the SPF50 has a far superior finish, i found the 30version thicker. its balled up on my skin)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No