September 2, 2014 | 1680 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Nutritious Vita-Mineral Loose Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This product is part of the mineral makeup craze. A product could have one mineral, and the company claims it is a mineral product. This is wrong. The coverage is okay but as others pointed out, the container is messy (no avoiding this) and it wears off easily (doesn't wear long) and didn't do much for oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by HDK

OMG THIS IS MY FIRST MINERAL POWDER & IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. ITS LIGHT AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PUT, IT WON'T LOOK CAKEY. AND IT HAS ANTIOXIDENTS.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sarah0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first loose powder and I didn't want to purchase something too heavy considering I also wear Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation for my dailey make up routine.

The texture feels translucent and light when I apply the powder over my foundation. I avoid using too much because the aftermath will either feel cakey and overdone. I also bought the shade a few shades darker to evenly tan my complexion which adds an extra glow.
People have reviewed on the oilyness after a couple hours time. This I agree because I have extremely oily skin, before when applied it feels matte but after while it looks like the powder has dissolved and shiny this is why it's best to always prime your face. It does make a difference but not a huge one (for me at-least). The second tip is to have blotting sheets then re-apply the powder afterwards but sometimes I get extremely lazy so that's one of the cons for people who have combination/oily like me.

The price is average but not worth it I would say. The results are perfect but there is nothing too special about it. Estee Lauder are very good at overpricing their products. The packaging is good I actually use the little brush that comes with it, it still gives me a good outcome.

Overall, I would say 'Yes' I would purchase it again. I would've down graded it to 3/5 if it wasn't for the price and oily aftermath.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by PurpleSpider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was matched a No. 2, it looked OK at the counter...after i had used, i think it was too dark and also orangy. Oil control was lousy and in less than 2 hour, the shine came back. Worse, this is a super messy loose powder..perhaps , i am not used to using the brush included. i ended up buying a puff instead. i had only used it less than 5 times and it is now idling on my dressing table.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by simmygirl

I really love this product and cant believe the low rating it has! I hardly dont write any reviews anymore but this product deserves one!

I am pale, combo/acne/sensitive skin and have got some post-acne red marks on my chin. This powder really covers it wel and looks very natural and I dont feel it on my face! Its very lightweight and so easy to apply. Just forget about the brush that comes with it, those things are always lame, but with a round kabuki (how do you write this?) brush its very easy, almost dont need a mirror! It lasts all day and looks great in daylight and office-light, makes my skin glow without getting oily.

I'm using this product now for 2 weeks and didnt had a pimple at all, my skin looks beautifull and better then it ever did before and I think this product definatly has something to do with that. I can highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by njl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whilst on one of my several trips to the EL counter to purchase various products for my wedding, and now every day make up, the girl put on this powder. I am VERY VERY pale, and yes it is darker than my natural skin colour (even in instensity 01) but it evens out the skin tone & covers light-medium blemishes. I sweep a bit on my neck so that I don't have that horrible face-not-matching-neck look ! It goes on matte, but then gives you this lovely glow. It needs to be applied light otherwise it looks chalky & dries my skin out. However, I love the glow it gives, I then follow up with signature blush & shimmer.

It lasts all day, but I do notice it going a bit patchy by afternoon so I reapply a LIGHT cover on my nose, forehead, chin & bottom of cheeks (blusher stays on all day!) to even it up a bit. It also seems to photo VERY well, regardless of the usual 'don't wear mineral foundation with flash photography' advice. (it does say 'photo friendly' on the EL website).

My only criticism is that with it being loose, it's messy to apply. Even tapping the brush it seems to go everywhere, speckles on the floor, clothes etc :-( but all in all a great product.

UPDATE: Gutted; after a couple of months of use, this started to make my face itch. I blamed something else, but I eliminated everything except this, (as I thought with it being Mineral Makeup it wouldn't cause such a reaction) and still got the itching. Gave it away :( I have sensitive skin and have rarely had reactions to cheap products; but since swithcing to EL I've had reactions to a variety of their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jmc28

I've used this powder foundation for a year now and I really like it. It's my first mineral foundation I've tried so I found this to be really easy and quick to use with a powder brush. Coverage is good. Although it doesn't completely hide my acne scars, it helps to even out my skin and reduce redness. It leaves a natural matte finish when first applied in the morning, but my skin gets really oily so I do get shiny by the afternoon. I wear MAC select sheer pressed powder on top and that seems to help with the oilyness. I have acne-prone skin (so bad that I had to take Accutane), but this does not cause any breakouts for me. So far I haven't felt the urge to try any other mineral powders because I like this one so much. The only con is that it's loose powder so when I take this travelling it tends to get messy so I'm looking for a compact powder foundation. For colour reference, I have this in INTENSITY 2.0 and I am NC25 in MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Angelpinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Causes breakouts in sensitive skin because of the bismuth oxychloride. I am in my mid- thirties and have large pores, this makes your pores look bigger. Okay for younger girls who are not sensitive to bismuth oxychloride, but not good for anybody after their twenties. Also very little coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by NarNar83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this loose powder. I have tried many different foundations and I always come back to this one. It has somewhat of luminious glow to it but not shimmery at all. I have this in intensity3-comparing it to MAC NC35. The powder can be drying if you dont prep your face before putting this on. I tend to flake under my eyes so I put on lots of moisturizer + primer before putting this on. It stays on all day. I usually spray splitz of MAC fix+ over it so it wouldnt look so cakey/flakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by kalokairi

This is my first mineral foundation, which I picked up at a Duty Free store. I have it in Intensity 1, while my sister has Intensity 2. I used the brush and it was ok, but then I purchased a kabuki brush and now I use that. I actually like how this looks on my skin, very flawless, but I have to be careful not to put on too much because it will look ashy. Coverage is fairly ok though, and it controls oil better for me than my other mineral foundation (The Body Shop). However, I use my TBS one more now because I wore this once to a night out & my face was ghostly white in the pictures! Got a bit traumatized after that, though I'm willing to give it another chance. Will update! Oh and I'm not repurchasing because the jar is huge, no complaints there, and it will probably last me a pretty long time.