September 21, 2014 | 2113 users online

Masks - Avene - Cleanance Exfoliating Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sounds like a TV ad, but if you need something that will give visible results almost immediately, try this. I had no idea what this product was like, but I was buying different things out of desperation. Recently I stopped taking the pill for a few reasons, which I had been put on as a teenager to prevent acne. Now I'm not on it, I have acne on my face (chin mostly), back and on my chest, where it's the worst. The acne on my chin tends to be bigger, more cystic spots (thankfully not too many though), and on my chest it's almost like a rash-dozens of smallish, bright red bumps and blocked pores.

I try and use this at least once a week, but I'll admit if I am having a better skin week, I'll skip it since it's expensive (plus I go through it quickly since I use it on my face AND chest---form a line, gentlemen). The results are always really great. I used it according to the instructions on my face and chest this morning, and washed it off in the shower. It doesn't have a heavy, clay like consistency like a lot of masks, it's quite light. When you rinse it off, It turns into a creamy lather with a bit of a gritty texture. It washes away easily too, so no chunks of green-ish clay in your hair.

Every time, I see improvement in the redness and inflammation of my acne straight out of the shower. Tonight, after work, about 12 hours after the treatment, I went in the shower again. My chest showed the biggest improvement. The aggravated, red pimples don't look like a rash anymore. There's still a few of the bigger pimples left, but they have faded to pink. There's no little pustules and the skin texture is overall smoother-probably because a lot of the blocked pores have been cleared. I would say that compared to last night before the mask, it's about 80% better. My face shows good improvement too, although with the pimples being deeper and larger in that area, the effect isn't quite as dramatic. The reduced inflammation is probably the biggest improvement. My skin feels lovely and soft though, and I can tell that the bigger pimples are coming up to the surface now. Usually when I use this, I find over the following few days, a lot of the bigger pimples will either flatten out and disappear, or come to the surface where they can be extracted and dry up within a day.

I'm seeing a dermatologist in just over a month for what I hope is a proper, long term solution. Until then, this mask helps me gain a little bit of my self-confidence back.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by TB1234

I think it's fairly average to be honest.

I mean it does all the things I want it to do. It goes on well, and dries fast. You need to wet your fingertips in order to work the product in a little bit as it's quite sticky and does not spread onto your face easily.

After 5 mins or so you can wash it off. It washes off easily but whilst it does make my skin feel soft, I notice no difference in the look of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

I love this mask. For some odd reason I can't buy it in Canada right now, but I assume that will change when our evil, oppressive government changes.
I ordered a 50ml tube from Ebay. It's one of the longest lasting products I've ever tried.
It's very effective at exfoliation. Both chemical and physical. Plus it contains Kaolin Clay. This mask is like, 3 masks in one. AHA+BHA and clay. AND it's moisturizing. So whilst removing dead skin and unblocking congested pores, it is also NOT DRYING the hell out your skin. I think this product is one of Avene's best. I hope they start selling it again in CanaDUH.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by katyaberk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Please follow the instruction how to use it! I always do it before go to bed twice a week. And if you can follow with Avene Clearance K moisturizer ( its acids will continue the process of clearing your pores) . This mask takes inflammation out and clears pores around nose, chicks and chin. It does not dry out skin like mud clay masks. Obviously you can not expect from any mask Clearasonic effect. But if to apply generously and rub gently around a spot with a dump fingers and leave it for 30 min, spot will be dry within 24 hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i was looking for a chemically clarifying mask, but this turn out to be more liked a scrub mask. The scrub is actually quite rough when i tried to wash it off my face the first time which really suprise me because it states that it's suitable for sensitive skin. The gentle exfoliating scrub from them is by far much much more gentle than this. I have acne prone sensitive which is very reactive towards harsh ;physical exfoliating agent so i'm not a big fan of this mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by vmourg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love it!! the skin after using it is so soft and clear!! i strongly suggest you try it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this as an *extra* with my avene cleanace trial kit range however with the results I've been having from just cleanance K ad diacneal, I found I didn't really need this. SA recommended I use this 2-3 times a week but I didn't wanna aggravate my skin and overdo the exfoliating so I tried this once a week.

Application is easy. Dries fairly quick but I don't like the idea of moisting my fingertips and then gently rubbing off to exfoliate. I feel like if my fingers are too dry, it'll be too harsh, if my fingers are too wet, it won't be as efficient. Perhaps I'm more used to conventional scrubs.

However, I wont mind purchasing again just to have an avene scrub lying around

EDIT : 18/2/12
Second time using the mask after being on Cleanace K ad Diacneal for about a month and I find it stings and feels prickly/itchy upon application. If you have ultra sensitive skin, I don't think this will suit you. I'm guessing the exfoliation regime I've been on recently has made my skin slightly more sensitive so that's why I feel the stings only now and not when I first used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by brandyxander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mask leaves my skin soft and it doesn't seem aggressive as some scrubs I tried in the past. I also use Cleanance Lotion Antishine and I think both are very good products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I can't tolerate physical exfoliation such as scrubbing, even lightly, with brush, wash cloth etc. This is what I have been using and amazingly can tolerate with my uber sensitive/reactive skin. The first time I used it I was amazed how soft my skin felt after. I don't get that same softness now but my skin seems improved after. I only experience some tingling/itching above my lip and only if I leave on for too long. It helped clear flakiness I had on my cheeks. I think something else might work better but for now this is pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by karenmusic

When I first washed my face after letting it sit for about five minutes, I thought this mask was a dream come true. My face looked so clean and felt good to the touch. A little while after applying moisturizer my skin felt really itchy and dry. It took slathering on two thick layers of eucerin to get rid of that nasty tight itchy feeling. The next morning when I woke up I had broken out all over my chin and upper lip and forehead. It was terrible.

I won't be using such a drying product again.