April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Sammy68

Terrible. Not even after 4 hours of wear when I glanced in the mirror I had black smudges all over underneath my eye area and flakes too. This did not impart volume nor length when I applied it, but quite honestly I don't care how much volume and/or length a mascara would impart...if I'm wearing it below my eyes after a few hours it ain't worth it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by missmiseryxo

I usually take most mua reviews on natural products with a grain of salt, and this mascara was no exception. Despite some of the negative reviews I decided to purchase this anyway, as my Neutrogena mascara had crappy ratings on EWG and I've been making the transition to all natural make up.
The consistency is pretty thin, which I didn't mind. I actually really liked the brush, which surprised me because I tend to like bristles better for mascara. It doesn't look spidery which is a HUGE plus for me, since I hate the spidery look. It doesn't layer well once dried, so I layer two coats while it's still wet. Not much to write home about it terms of volume-- at first application it holds my lashes up well but falls eventually, which is the only negative for me.
A few reviewers have commented on how much it smudges, but I didn't have a problem with it. I have oily skin especially on my eyelids and it has never smudged on me. Lets be real here, how many people are going to put on eye makeup and then touch their eyes enough to smudge it anyway? Don't touch it and it probably won't smudge.

I would buy this again, but I think I'll try the rest of the organic mascara line from PF to see how this one stacks up.

Remember, with ALL make up (not just natural or organic), if your expectations are for it to completely transform you, you're going to be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh dear. Add this one to the list of yet more mediocre drugstore mascaras. I really wanted to like this mascara because I thought for a second that I was going to make a serious transition over to organic makeup and skin care. I also thought that it would be less likely to irritate my eyes, not that most mascaras do.

This is one of those mascaras that simply makes your lashes look darker. It doesn't lengthen, it doesn't thicken, it doesn't separate, and it doesn't curl. While wearing this my lashes simply looked as they normally do, with a slight curl, but blacker than before.

The brush is pretty good, at least for my taste. It's a long oval that gets slightly thinner at the end, and it's plastic, not bristles, with dense spikes. It was actually after using this mascara that I learned that I prefer brushes with bristles as opposed to plastic brushes.

The best thing that I can say is that this mascara lasts a long time without going rancid. I've had it for nearly 6 months now and when i smell it it doesn't smell like it has turned. But then again, I obviously haven't used it that much.

A pretty unremarkable mascara all in all. I will continue on my quest to find the ultimate drugstore mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

The packaging is cute and I personally like pf products since it was my first makeup brand but this is the worst and I mean worst mascara I've ever used and most mascaras I use always smudge on me. This one smudged the most on me. It made my lashes look nice and gave me volume and length but it smudges too much on me to be worth it. I still love most of the other pf products :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Presumably at lot of people who are attracted to the idea of an organic mascara, especially one designed by doctors, want something that is gentle on sensitive eyes. I wear contact lenses and have sensitive skin. I bought this as a gentle option and was shocked to find it has a latex rubber wand. Latex is becoming an extremely common allergy. For years I couldn't figure out why I had little bumps on my cheeks and it turned out to be latex cosmetic sponges that caused them. Those latex sponges are very hard to find these days. My doctor tells me that nurses, doctors, dental hygienists commonly have latex allergies these days (from too much exposure due to gloving). Putting mascara on with rubber is crazy. So for those of you who have had burning eyes from a new mascara, check out what the wand is made of. Rubber wands are fine if they are clearly labelled as such and are common in cheapie mascaras, but I'm shocked to see a relatively expensive one with a rubber wand, not labelled as rubber, and seemingly marketed as gentle. Benefit's They're Real also has a rubber wand, but it doesn't pretend to be pure or gentle. L'Oreal and LancĂ´me are safe bets for non-rubber wands.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to give this mascara a good review, but like the post before me, it just runs way too easily. As someone who wears contacts, sometimes my eyes tear up and when they do, this mascara immediately gets all over the place giving me raccoon eyes. It's a very wet formula, which normally I like but it seems to never dry completely. It gives my lashes nice volume and separation, in a natural way, and it comes off very easily when I'm removing my makeup at night, but that's pretty much the overall problem, this mascara comes off way too easily. I have this brands other organic mascara in the all green tube and I like it so much more. It's the same price so you're better off buying that one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I am a big fan of both Physician's Formula and organic/natural makeup. I have pretty sensitive skin and eyes so any non irritating and fragrance free makeup is always a bonus in my book! That is precisely why I love the PF line as it is perfect for sensitive skin and works wonders for the most part.

This mascara however is somewhat of an exception to my otherwise very high opinion of the brand. I really did want to like it and on the surface it seems like it would work perfectly for me as it is marketed towards those with sensitive eyes however it smudges like CRAZY. It goes on nicely, provides decent volume and lash enhancement and doesn't clump up yet the minute the slightest bit of moisture touches the eye this mascara will smudge and give the much loved raccoon eyed look. During a conversation with my best friend I started laughing which made my eyes tear up and the next thing I knew I looked like I had 2 black eyes.

I couldn't keep using this and can't endorse it either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara is the exact reason why I don't buy into all this "organic" and "all natural hype." Such products are simply crap in quality compared to their chemically inclined competitors. I don't care if it's healthier on the lashes, this stuff looks worse than when I don't have mascara at all (and THAT would be the healthiest way).

Usually when I write about review about a mascara, it's the brush that's the perpetrator of the problem. But in this case, it's the formula. The formula clumps upon two swipes, it's NOT buildable at all (either clumps like crazy or slides right off the lashes). It smeared throughout the day. It also felt very heavy on the lashes and I didn't even layer that much. Does absolutely nothing to starch a curl, and my lashes went flat within a few hours. The brush is not great at separating the lashes, but the formula doesn't help that either. This is an all around awful mascara.

If you insist on something less harsh with chemicals, you can lookup youtube vids on DIY homemade mascara. Don't waste your money on this gimmicky all-natural crap. Organic cosmetics would be nice IF THEY ACTUALLY DID THEIR JOB but they don't. Don't wear makeup at all if you're that afraid chemicals.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Val9756

Goes on smoothly, light to medium coverage, moderate lengthening and no thickening of lashes. A good daytime, all-purpose look, but unfortunately it melts off throughout the day, so not very long-wearing at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this smudges very terribly on my eyes. I only used it on the upper lashes and had lots of smudges on the lower part of the eyes. Alice Cooper Style.
I live in a hot and humid climate though, maybe that's the reason. It's a pretty bad mascara for me, smudging is the last thing I need.
The look it gives is fairly natural and unobtrusive, nice for a clean and no fuss look if it doesn't smudge on you.