April 19, 2014 | 1642 users online

Highlighters - Prestige - Skin Loving Minerals Sunbaked in Pure Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by cls82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I.LOVE.THIS!!! Seriously ladies-this is the most luminous, ethereal powder created! It is not glittery, but has this smooth, even shimmer that just lights up your face like no other. Anytime I want to look gorgeous, I apply this to my cheeks and eyes and they pop. I always get compliments when I wear this, never fails.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by JordyNicky

Love love love! Best highlighter ever! Not a bronzer? It really finishes off your makeup! I use it day & night and it just makes your skin glow! You only need a little so compact will last for ages, i purchased a few back ups just in case it ever got discontinued. Highly recommended, I have all 3 colours in this range and love them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in Australia for $30, which is ridiculous, but the quality of this product makes up for that.
It's technically sold as a bronzer, as there are darker shades, but this shade is definitely more of a highlighter.
This gives an amazing glow without being 'sparkly'.
The overall packaging seems strong and the presentation of the product itself is visually appealing.
Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is super dull now that it's fall. This gives me a glow. I use it all over my face because I need the boost some days. It can easily look greasy if you over apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Kurtina88

his is one of my HG product.
Actually I don't use it as a bronzer but as an highliter.
The texture is incredibly soft, creamy and pigmented and I prefer to apply it with my finger than a brush.
I can't see anybody use it as a bronzer 'cause is extremely shimmery and light.
It doesn't contain glitter, it's only a champagne color powder perfect for the ligher complexion.
I've seen this compare a lot to Mac mineralize skinfinish in soft and gentle.
I own both of them and I don't think they're dupes.
Soft and gentle is more pinkish with glitter, the prestige one is more on the yellowy side.
I think this is an incredibly beautiful hightler, the one that i reach the most, but you have to use with moderation otherwise you can become a discoball because of its reflecting power.
The packaging isn't the most beautiful but I can deal with it.
This product is sell in two other shades, both too dark and orangy for my skin even as a bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by sellabella

Such a beautiful highlighter - particularly for very fair skin. It's certainly not a 'Bronzing Powder' though, which they have marketed it as.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by cosmopolitan3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am the fairest fair (lighter than NW 15) and I love this a lot!
It gives you such a pretty shimmer, makes you look radiant and fresh, especially when used in the under eye area or on the cheek bone.
High quality and long lasting without big chunks of glitter.
You only need a little bit.
Affordable. Got it at Ulta for about 10 bucks.
I have sensitive skin and it did not cause any problems for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad that I found this before deciding to shell out the $28 for the MAC MSF in "Soft and Gentle." This is exactly what I was looking for in a highlighting powder! For reference, I'm about an NC20-25, oily/combo skin. A few blogs I read compared this to "Soft and Gentle," so I had to give it a try.

I'm not sure the exact retail price of this. Fairly inexpensive. Definitely much cheaper than MAC. Most of the shops on eBay had this for around $10, but the best price I found was on Amazon (2 for around $14).

I had the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powder in 'Brighten' that I used as a highlighting powder. And while the it does leave a nice natural-looking sheen, it was a little bit hard to apply. It would take a while to pick up on the brush., and you would need a few good swipes to have it show up on your skin.

But the Prestige "Pure Shimmer" is so much more finely-milled. Doesn't feel chalky at all. And the payoff is much better than "Brighten." It picks up very easily and the finish is beautiful. It's advertised as a mineral bronzing powder, but I mainly just use this to highlight my cheekbones. It has a nice golden undertone to it, but it doesn't leave my complexion looking orange or ruddy. Those with VERY fair skin may be able to have this show up more as a bronzer, but for those with light-medium to darker complexions, this is a great highlighting powder. I love that it isn't just white shimmer. The golden-peach color blends into my skintone so nicely. It looks very natural, and it doesn't look like I have glitter sitting on my face.

It lasts well throughout the day, and hasn't caused any breakouts on my acne-prone skin. It doesn't have a particular scent to it either. The packaging is pretty much the same as Revlon's; square compact, black holder, and a clear cover. I like that I can see exactly what I'm reaching for before opening it. And it isn't too bulky, so it travels easily. Note that this does not come with its own brush or mirror.

I think this may very well be my HG highlighter. It's inexpensive and very good quality. If you're lemming "Soft and Gentle," trying this first could save you some extra money. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by jujuritinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's an OK highlighter!! sometimes it is just a bit to powdery and can sit on fine lines that I don't have...!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

I really like this! the shimmer is so pretty! It's slightly peachy golden depending how much of the more "peach side" u use. I think it's only good to highlight cheekbones and eyes and it gives a very natural pretty sheen. But because this has fine glitter putting it on to highlight the cupid's bow probably won't give me effect i want. However I'll use my MAC pearl for that (which is also very very pretty however doesn't last that long on me) I said I won't buy it again because i can see this lasting a very very long time for me. And if it does run out eventually it's not HG status enough for me to want to buy it again.