July 28, 2014 | 1726 users online

Moisturizers - Vivite Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is just OK. Its glycolic acid based which inevitably will make you shiny. The major issue I had with this is that it broke down my makeup perhaps due to the acid content making it look patchy. I found it a little sticky and not particularly moisturising either. I ended using this on my neck just to finish it. I also had major issues with the pump and I wish the packaging allowed me to take it apart but its rock solid. I still believe that the best way to use glycolic acid is via a serum. This was only partially effective and for the price I still prefer Alpha Hydrox, just as effective but much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sdominguez75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the Vivite Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 30 combined with the Vivite Replenish Hydrating Facial Cleanser every single day since June 2011. It does not irritate my skin at all. And even though this moisturizer is meant for the day due to the SPF, I sometimes apply the moisturizer before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is soft and smooth. The only downfall about this product is the price, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by polina29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Have been using this for about 3 years now and am a big fan. It is, as another reviewer put it, a perfect moisturizer. Not white-chalky or super shiny as sunscreens tend to be, and works on your skin at the same time, as Vivite products tend to. Snagged this one at my derm's office where everyone was raving about it and has perfect skin, figured I can't lose - and didn't. Tested this daily in California where I live and on travels to Brazilian beaches and it held up. Tip - for the beach OR if you feel it is too shiny, dust a little BeingTrue mineral powder SPF 17 over it (bring it with you for reapplication of necessary)

Taking off a lippie because I am not a fan of the pump. It has broken off on me before and I've had to scoop out the rest of the product. But whatever, it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lynpett

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am using this along with the other products in this line (the night cream, the exfoliating wash, the serum) and it is all working great. I have tried a lot of sunscreens over the years, but this one is doing the trick. It goes on smooth, absorbs without being sticky. I sat in the sun in Florida at a football game and not a bit of sun showed up on my face. Terrific stuff and it feels so good when you put it on. I am using so much less makeup since switching to this brand of skin care and I'm loving that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this daily on my face, neck, and chest for a few weeks now. Actually, I really love MD Forte's sunscreen, but I bought this one because I am *obsessed* the rest of the Vivite line. I don't know how I feel about my sunscreen having glycolic acid in it. It does make me really shiny..... BUT the sun protection is great and reliable. I have not burned once while using this. I'm going to continue using this daily because the pros outweigh having a shiny face and this doesn't break me out.

I will say that I love the pump tube. You can get as little out as you want. Two pumps covers my face, neck, and chest.

Udate: I'm no longer using this. I have a full nearly a full tube left, but I'm not going to try it again. I was breaking out terribly and it took me forever to realize it was this product causing the mayhem. I'm going back to MD Forte's ss if I can find it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lisaf6501

I began using this product when I talked to my dermatologist about wanting to begin to combat the signs of aging. I'm in my late twenties and actually have fairly nice skin, but I am starting to get some lines that weren't there before. My derm gave me a sample of this, along with the daily cleanser. It only took a couple days for me to be hooked.

This product would be ideal for most skin types. I personally have normal to dry skin, and this was moisturizing without feeling heavy. It kept my skin clear and exfoliated. After about 2 months, I noticed a dramatic improvement in my fine lines. There was no need for me to use an additional exfoliant; this lotion alone was enough.

The only downside to this product is the price. I bought the full-sized bottle for $50. It lasted me 4 months with daily use. For me, being on a budget, that's pretty pricey. But this line is incredible. Next I want to try the night cream. I can't believe a product would make that much difference in my skin, but it did. Absolutely amazing. Try it and you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by dancingoutlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on an endless search for the perfect moisturizer since my teens. Everything was too thick, or not thick enough, too drying or didn't sink in well enough, etc. for my moody skin. I was the same way with facialists; I could never find one I felt was right for me. I finally found a great facialist who urged me to try Vivite Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 30, which I have now been using for a little over a year. The packaging is excellent. Vivite Daily comes in a durable, frosty/clear plastic bottle with a pump. The pump never sticks, the clear bottle lets you see how much is left, and I've dropped bottles of this stuff with no breaks or spills. You don't need that much, so it lasts awhile. As for the product itself, I love it. Vivite moisturizer takes care of the oily, sensitive and dry areas of my face. Just as the packaging says, it exfoliates (exfoliation is key) and hydrates, and protects me from the sun. I use this in all seasons and it works very well, but a warning: you definitely have to get used to it. Though I have discovered my holy grail, YMMV and it may be too abrasive for some. $42.95 for 1.7 oz INGREDIENTS: Purified water, glycolic acid and ammonium glycolate, glycerin, pentylene glycol, silica, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, glyceral stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetearyl alcohol, bis-hydroxyethoxypropyl dimethicone, olea europa (olive) leaf extract, tocopherol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, superoxide dismutase, camellia oleifera (green tea) leaf extract, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, butylene glycol, steareth-10, steareth-20, cetearyl alcohol, coco-glucoside, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No