Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Eye Cream

3.8

water, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, shea butter, cyclohexasiloxane, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, polyacrylamide, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, phenoxyethanol, alcohol denat., titanium dioxide, c13-14 isoparaffin, butylene glycol, methylparaben, laureth-7, ethyparaben, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, sodium polyacrylate, tetrasodium edta, hesperidin methyl chalcone, lupinus albinus seed extract, dimethylmethoxy chromanol, potassium hydroxide, carbomer, steareth-20, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, polysorbate 20, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, manganese dioxide, chlorhexidine digluconate, tocopherol, dipeptide-2, potassium sorbate, butylparaben, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, palmitoyl oligopeptide, silica, propylparaben

on 3/21/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

At 24, I've finally decided to start using proper eye cream on a regular basis. I bought this at Duane Reade, because it seemed like a good fit for my age/budget. I have also used several products from Boots/No 7 in the past, and quite liked them.

It is a pretty light weight moisturizer, nothing too waxy or cakey, and it absorbs well (and doesn't clog my pores). I have no real qualms with it, and although I haven't noticed extreme changes to my dark circles, I wasn't expecting miracles. I only use this at night, but if I start wearing it in the morning as well, I will amend my review.

All in all, this has been a successful purchase, does what it is supposed to do.

on 12/28/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This review is NOT for the "intense" version of this product. This one has a bit of radiance to it that the intense version does not have. I use this eye cream for moisture and luminosity under my eyes during the day. It moistures very lightly, but effectively so makeup can be worn over it without smudging. I use Benefit's Erase Paste over the dark circles and am left with a beautiful, soft glow under my eyes. I have oily skin and cannot use too rich of a product during the day or my makeup will slide off. I am very happy with this however, at night I use a heavier cream under my eyes. I think this is probably great for younger skin, but older skin like mine needs a bit more moisture, primarily at night. Highly recommend for a subtle, soft glow and softening of under eye area (lines and shadows) during the day. Great for oily skin. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/6/2013 12:48:00 PM

I have the intense version, but dont see it on here as a separate option.

Ive been using this for about 3 months now. At 28 I started to notice my smile lines creeping onto my cheek. Yikes. So I got this and am glad to report that within a week I noticed the lines diminishing. They are barely there now. Im not expecting miracle work, after all this is there lowest level anti-aging for young-ins like me. In a few years I suspect I will be moving up a level to the restore and renew line.

But I digress... The formula is soft and silky. It absorbs quickly and doesnt leave a greasy feel. I havent tried it in the morning under make-up though, I use it strictly at night, so I cant attest to how it wears with concealer on top. Honestly, under eye concealers have never been something that wears well on my skin (yes I use primer), so I dont like to risk putting something else on them prior to make-up.

on 4/29/2012 8:12:00 AM

This is a review for the Intense version.

I'm 30 years old and I like it. It moisturises my delicate eye area without greasiness or clogging and seems to help with fine lines.

I don't know what the long term anti ageing benefits are or will be, but I like the short term moisturisation and improvement in skin tone.

I will rebuy.

on 9/17/2011 2:48:00 PM

I have been using this eye cream for almost a year (9-10months aprox) Im about 85% done with the tube, yes it lasts for a long time! I payed around $20 bucks, that's a lot in my budget since im a teen, but well worth it :)

When I first started using this my sister gave me compliments on how great my eyes looked! I have dark eye circles (hereditary, not because im "sleeping too little" etc.) and I have fine lines. It helped my dark eye circles, and it moisturized my eyes so my fine lines were not as noticeable. After a while, either 1) My skin got use to the ingredients and it didn't work for me anymore or 2) It has helped me, its just I got so use to the look of better eyes I don't notice it anymore.

Overall, I still like this product, and would buy this product again because:
-Has made my undereyes less dry, good eye moisturizer
-did not irritate my eye one bit
-no scent
-absorbs quickly into my skin, non- waxy, not too thin or thick
-I like how its in a tube, more convenient/cleaner :)

on 9/12/2011 9:58:00 AM

Just bought this at Target in my search of a less expensive alternative to the $52 Shiseido eye cream I normally buy. I used it two times, and am going to return it. This is one of the worst eye creams I've ever tried. Not only did it burn when I put it on, it leaves a waxy film under your eyes. Needless to say, I went back to Macy's and bought the Shiseido.

on 8/11/2011 1:18:00 PM

After trying so many eye creams, I still come back to Boots.
Love the texture. Not too heavy, not to runny, just right. Sinks in nicely. Does not bother my super sensitive skin. Pinkish/brownish color, due to unbleached Shea butter that has not lost itís vitamins due to bleaching. All in all effective, especially considering that itís a very mild product without harsh chemicals. Good for dark circles and puffiness. Not sure about wrinkles as I still donít have any. Thumbs up ^_^

on 5/7/2011 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have never thought eyecream necessary and at my advanced age expected nothing except a bit of moisture. I am more than pleased with the smoothness under my eyes and can actually SEE inmprovement in the puffiness (ok, bags). I was really suprised to see any changes. I have few wrinkles (thanks Mom for the genes) but the smoothness with this is just short of amazing to me. I also love the concealer---first one that didn't make me look like a fool with my cupcake under my eyes.

Saw an article in Allure some months back and they interviewed a dermatologist who recommended 4 or 5 key ingredients (couldn't tell you what they are now) that should be in an eye cream. I performed a Google search for an eye cream with these ingredients and Boots Protect & Perfect Eye Cream was the only one that came up that met the criteria. So I tried it. And I like it! My skin has been resistant to wrinkling thus far (as in comparison to my same-age friends) but I have a few fine lines under the eyes. Plus age prevention is key to my product choices.
It does a good job of moisturizing and I've seen improvement in the wrinkles as well. Hasn't done much for the slight darkness under my eyes, though.
However, if I put concealer on top of it it gunks together with the makeup and rolls off in little balls.
All in all, a good product I will buy again unless I find something better.

on 2/17/2011 12:27:00 AM

Overall I like this eye cream. It moisturizes and eliminates any dry spots that I get around my eyes. I use it at night before I go to bed. Although it is a small tube it lasts for a long time. It's a bit on the pricy side. I don't see anything special about this besides being a moisturizer.