October 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Fantasy Total Definition Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is likely the worst mascara I have ever used. I purchased it in a pinch since I was traveling and forgot my makeup bag (no, I don't know how that happened). It was on sale, which helped my decision... But may have also explained my biggest problem: this is the driest mascara ever. I may have bought one that was far too old and entirely dried out, but I don't even understand how it's possible to be that dried out. (That has never happened to me.) The mascara was totally dried out and barely even left anything on my lashes. I have light lashes and I bought the "blackest black" shade, so I would normally see some impact.

The packaging is not well designed as both ends open up when you twist one side to open. Again, I have never experienced this will a double-ended mascara tube before (for example, Estee Lauder's). The brush is also a let-down. It is a densely-bristled rubber brush that is surprisingly flimsy and way too bendable. You can bend it in half just removing it from the tube, which I find odd.

My favourite drugstore mascara remains L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof in Black. No reason for me to stray from that one again (though I know I will-haha).

Please note: I do think the primer portion is pretty decent, so, if you are searching for a cheap lash primer to thicken up your lashes before mascara application, and you see this product on sale, you may want to consider it. It's not among the best lash primers I have tried, but if you've never used one, are unsure if you would like the effect and want to test the concept without spendi a lot, this could be an option.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

Clumpy and smudges all under the eyes. Very disappointed, I got rid of it after the first use.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by stam226

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is terrible staying power. It's supposed to be waterproof but by the end of the day I had raccoon eyes. All the product transfered to my under eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update: I did find that this mascara dried out pretty fast, and the clumping effect set in, too.

This has been a very good, very waterproof mascara. It doesn't clump until it gets a little dried out, but I roll the brush on a tissue before applying, and the clumps stay on the tissue. The main triumph of this mascara is that it doesn't deposit flakes and smudges under the eyes. The color "Black/Noir" is good and my lashes are well-defined. This is a two-step mascara, but I always used a primer anyway. If you want a blast of volume, you may be disappointed in this product, but I think that it does a decent job without all of the crusty clumps. I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by simei89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good mascara - it makes my eyelashes longer, thicker (well, like most eyelashes). Overall, it makes my eyelashes voluminous. I like the packaging and the quality of the brushes (it gets in contact with every lash).

The only thing i have to complain about this mascara is that by the end of the day, my eyelids and under eye are tainted by a black shadowy colour (not because i smudged the mascara but because the opening/closing of my eyelids caused the mascara to leave colour on them). And so, i make sure that i bring some cleansing towels when i use this. I don't know if that's an inevitable thing with most mascaras but it's definitely annoying.

I've always wanted to try on a mascara that comes with a primer on its own but i probably wouldn't purchase this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does make my eyelashes much thicker & longer. BUT the primer weighs my lashes down. Since the reason I wear mascara is to open up my eyes, this doesn't help. Meanwhile, there are flakes immediately after application & throughout the day. There is somewhat less flaking when the primer isn't used. Oddly, the stuff is really hard to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this mascara works better after it's been opened for a week or two because the product dries a little. It's less flaky and messy after it's been opened for 1-2 weeks.

I think this goes for all double sided mascaras but it really does provide the extra length. My eyelashes really have never looked so long--and I have short eye lashes.

My method:
After I apply the lash primer I use a dry brush to comb it out, then I curl. When the primer is dry I apply one coat of the mascara-which clumps and really is annoying, then comb out again and curl again. That is a lot of work, but I find that if I curl before I apply the primer my curl undoes itself rather quickly--as in before I apply the actual mascara side.

This really isn't your everyday mascara and I would only really wear this to an event or if I didn't have another mascara around.

This mascara holds a curl very well although I would probably just buy the Maybelline XXL if I didn't get this at a BOGO.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Baked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the double-sided mascara. One end with the mascara & the other with the primer.

the mascara itself I don't like because it flaked in less than half an hour of applying. I've never dealed with a flaking problem so I was wondering to myself, "What are these black things?" lol. Doesn't thicken or add any curl. Just weakly lengthens..

I like using the primer by itself as a base, then I apply Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara. The wand/formula alone actually gives my lashes volume, something I REALLY look for. I also like how when using this with another regular mascara, it makes it waterproof! I used that combination before hopping in the pool & after a quick dunk my lashes looked fine. Awesome!

I would repurchase only for the primer bit. I'm currently looking for a separate primer that works well. The mascara I can live without.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by blacktimes21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't find this mascara too terrible; from what I can tell, it's just a waterproof version of the Lash Fantasy with a rubber-bristle wand (which I guess, adds more definition?) I find it's much more manageable after wiping the wand a few times to remove excess. If you don't get too much on your lashes, it looks great- a nice, natural look that's not too dramatic. Good for everyday if you're willing to spend some extra time with the two step application.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Ugh! Clumpy, irritating, and almost impossible to manage. The wand is so awkward, I ended up with hard-to-remove smudges everywhere. The first coat, I had to brush out my lashes like crazy with a comb to avoid the uni-lash clump look. This one is getting tossed!