September 19, 2014 | 1890 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Prairie - Anti-Aging Longevity Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good, basic LP serum. I like to refer to it as their "starter serum," since it's less than half the price of their other serums. If you're in your 20s or early 30s, this is a fantastic product. I am approaching the late side of my 30s, and have started to use the Skin Caviar Liquid Lift serum. It comes packaged like all of the rest of the Anti-Aging line, in a lovely metallic container. The texture is very soft and pink in color, and a little bit goes a long way. I still use this sometimes during the day, to cut down costs on the Liquid Lift Serum. It's fantastic under LP's Anti-Aging Day Cream SPF 30, which also smells lovely. A very powerful duo to keep your skin cells alive and thriving.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArtJ85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful serum. My skin looks better than it ever has. The texture and tone have definitely improved and the smell is wonderful. I would certainly recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this isn't getting a higher rating, but i've discovered my 2nd HG serum.
I find that with this i need just one serum, and i'm good to go.
But i do layer it with ANR, and i get the best combo for my skin, both for day and night care.
The texture is like a brownish gel, rapidly absorbed and fast acting.
I still use my Hydrachange Essence but on specific days or when my skin is seriously dehydrated, not daily like i used to.
I layer ANR and then this and it is just perfect.
Since using it i find my skin more resistant, softer,brighter and smoother.I don't get any balling or shininess and my skin is combination.
All the anti oxidants and moisture magnets in it keep my skin in great shape, and just like ANR, soothes amazingly well, especially in very cold/windy weather, and after sunbathing.
i would't say i've seen major anti aging benefits, but i do believe it is quite a complete serum that boosts skin renewal, while maintaining a great skin quality, and that is what i look for in a serum, asides hydration.
I've been on it for 3 months now, and even though i can't see what's left, the one pump i need per use makes me feel it will last me at least 6 months.
I 've gotten compliments on the smoothness and clarity of my skin, and i can attribute it to this gem and the anti aging stress cream, since they are the only products i've switched to in the last months.
Overall, a multi tasker that performs,and makes a noticeable difference to my skin, so i will gladly continue using and repurchase.
Recommended to anyone looking to maintain and improve their skin, now and in the long run.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Squalane, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Nylon-12, Glycerin, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Resveratrol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Coco-Glucoside, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Cola Nitida (Kola) Seed Extract, Disodium Edta, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Polysorbate 60, Paullinia Cupana (Guarana) Seed Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Anigozanthos Flavidus Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ilex Paraguariensis (Mate) Leaf Extract, Larix Sibirica Wood Extract, Polyquaternium-67, Synthetic Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Bht, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Red 40

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a superb serum because I could feel it working (had a tightening sensation but not tingling). I think this is a super anti-aging serum because it also absorbs well, and leaves my skin glowy and so soft. I use this during the day with the Anti-Aging Day Cream with Spf 30 which btw is also fantastic. That being said I will not repurchase because I cannot stand the smell of this product and its also very expensive. I much prefer the cream which I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by CrystalicOxygen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

i actually only have a sample of this, but one that lasted me quite a week. i used this together with my fave la prairie products as a day-serum. i bought my la prairie things just before my holiday, so i didnt get any day care as for that time i didnt already know how amazing la prairie is, and what exactly i need to buy. but i dont really like it. i just dont think this is special in any way! the smell is ok, although not really very interesting, and the crazy thing about it, is that it flakes off of my skin. i dont know if the sample is old or something but really i dont like flaky products. it doesnt really get absorbed by the skin and the texture also isnt really appealing to me. so definately not something i would buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by crolik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I think that using a serum should be a staple to your facial regimen, but maybe one that's cheaper. Even though it leaves your skin super soft and gets it ready for your moisturizer, i don't think i'll buy it again, the texture of my skin did not show any difference after using this for 2 months. I didn't have any major wrinkles to begin with but just the initial stage of 11.

pros: leaves skin soft, absorbs fast, nice smell, the life of my cells lived a little longer.

cons: tooo expensive

(i guess i was expecting that for the price it would help with my oily skin, pores and acne but..nothing.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hcnyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While beautifully packaged as most la prairie products are, this is the least favorite one I've used, and I've used quite a few regularly. This serum is really just average at best. The smell doesn't smell nice to me as other la prairie products do and after weeks of usage I really don't see any improvement in my skin texture or hydration. I use the hydrating serum regularly from them and that one I think is sooo much better. My skin immediately looks and feels more hydrated and glowing after using that one...kind of what I would expect from all of their line due to the price of the products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by persephone625

I have to say that I love this serum. It moisturizes without being greasy, and it works wonderfully under my moisturizers (La Mer at night, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Moisturizer Spf 45 with Helioplex during the day). I really feel like my skin is more radiant, and though I'm not sure if I can attest to wrinkle reduction, as I'm still fairly young, I really do think this makes my skin look more luminous. Certainly I have noticed a huge difference in the softness of my skin. Time well tell as to how this works in the long term, but right now I could not be more satisfied. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by betto182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another amazing product by La Prairie, I use the caviar luxe cream, radiance eye cream and just tried this serum, made my skin peachy and glowy. The texture is amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by luiza2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is excellent. It goes great with the Anti-Stress Cream at night, and under tinted moisturizer during the day. Would definitely repurchase, particularly from discount sites.