February 1, 2015 | 2052 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great bronzer. I alternate between this and NARS Laguna, depending on if I want a powder/matte bronzer (Hoola) or a more glowy bronzer (liquid Laguna).

I have a deluxe sample of this that I still am using a year later. I can imagine the full size lasting an eternity!

As usual Benefit sometimes uses super cute but odd packaging, such as this being in box. I know some of you more talented girls/boys could de-pot this into a better pan.

It's nice and matte, no glitter and no orange in it. You need very little and can build it up depending on your skin tone.

If applied correctly and slowly building up the color no one will know your wearing a bronzer. Which is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 7:15:00 PM More reviews by annabelmarie

Such a good product. It doesn't look too obvious because it's matte which I think is so good. It gives such a nice finish and is the perfect colour for me (I am fair-medium skin toned) as its not too orange or too tanning and I definitely recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2015 7:03:00 AM More reviews by jennyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the mini of the Benefits Hoola and have used around 3 times, as I am using up my current bronzer.

Packaging- I love the packaging of the Hoola box its super different. However what is the brush that they supply?! I would much rather use a big powder brush.

Wear/Feel: The bronzer has no orange undertones which is why it is so popular, it doesn't look orange if you apply a light dusting. The powder is light and makes your skin feel super soft. I cannot wait to wear this in summer. I feel its actually to harsh on my skin tone for the winter. Do not apply it heavily you will look ridiculous.
Maybe a lighter shade of the bronzer for winter would be good? Not massively light, but lighter than the current shade, come on help us pale skinned gals out!

Price: The price for Benefits Hoola Compact here in the UK is 23.50 which personally after using my sample more I think I would be happy to purchase.

Overall I do recommend Benefits Hoola, I think its a great universal powder that just about anyone can use when it is used lightly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 4:26:00 AM More reviews by thenewjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Benefit is one of those brands, that for me personally, is very hit and miss. The good products are amazing, but the bad ones are terrible. Hoola is one of those whose formula gets a major tick from me. Now there are some cons in my book, but the cons are one that I really don't care about because the product is that good. The colour is the perfect tan (NC25 skintone), but has no shimmer so is perfect for a subtle contour. Its good as a bronzing colour, but also a contour colour because it does't pull orange and is a true brown. Its silky and not chalky, and its easy to blend. No muddy mess here *ahem Clarins Bronzing Duo*. So the cons:

1. The price. Its very pricey BUT:

2. The packaging: Some people may like it, some might not. I don't really like it, I just find it tacky, and for the price, I want something a bit more than a cardboard box. Sorry Benefit. I get its supposed to be fun and young, but its kind of a trick. You would expect something with fun and young packaging to be aimed at a young consumer market, but I don't know many 13 year olds willing to dish over $50 Australian dollars on a bronzer. So the price and packaging congruency is a little of.

Regardless of this, I honestly think the product is good enough to disregard the bad packaging and is definitely worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sarahsamonte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this bronzer! It works so well with my skin, and it's one of the few products that doesn't make me break out on my cheeks! I don't, though, use the brush that it came with

PROs:
- awesome color
- easy to use with different brushes
- blends well
- great for contouring

CONs:
-doesn't last long on oily skin

I would definitely purchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2015 3:27:00 AM More reviews by BellaTrice0614

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A Benefit SA recommended this so I tried it as I was looking for a matte bronzer. I'm a Mac F&B C4 and this bronzer doesn't show up at all on me. :-( The silly cardboard packaging frustrates me too. If I'd liked this there would've been no way that I could've carried this for touch ups. The brush it came with was useless so I threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 3:13:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice matte bronzer for pale to medium skin tones. I wouldn't recommend it though if you have a deeper skin tone though as I don't think the colour will show.

The bronzer itself is a neutral medium brown. It blends easily and is nice for both a contour or a light bronzer. The lasting power could be better but it still lasts most of the day. It's only if I'm going out at night do I need to reapply.

It's not the best bronzer I've tried but it is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 3:52:00 PM More reviews by hannahest

I really like this bronzer, and I think I love that it's matte. Unfortunatly, I don't think the product stays on the skin for a long time, but that may come from me being very oily. I also think that i runs out fast, but it's okay bc it's so affordable. When it comes to it, I would definitly buy this again! I LOVE the colour. Not too dark and not too light. It's also not too warm, but not too grey:)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2015 12:44:00 AM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this bronzer. It was too dark and too muddy on my fair skin. I found it hard to blend, and looked fake. If I am going to shell out big bucks for a bronzer, I expect it to look great on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kh112299

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Recently got this bronzer about a month ago. Love it. It's ashy so it creates a nice shadow to my cheekbones. Absolutely beautiful on the skin and very blendable! Highly recommend. Definitely worth the $37 I paid!