December 22, 2014 | 1828 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the "Cheeky Sweet Spot" blush set and this is one of the colors. So while I can't comment on the cardboard boxes, my metal box is cute ;-*

Of all the colors, I really didn't expect to use or like this one a lot. I had originally wanted Coralista and then later swatched Rockateur and fell for that, so when I spotted this set with both I figured it was a win. The only brownish or bronzer like product I had before was the E.l.f. duo and I pretty much NEVER used that brown. It was far too dark. But this one is WAY better, it actually compliments me and looks natural as an under cheekbone contour color. And of course, it's matte. I use this quite often so far and like it a lot, but I probably won't pay full price for the single. That's just how I roll.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Lizzie1912

For such a high price tag, I expect better packaging.

However, the bronzer itself is amazing, highly pigmented and matte, exactly what I was looking for for contouring. The fact that this powder has a very good colour means that you only need use a little, so the bronzer itself lasts a very long time.

I have fair skin and after foundation (ivory), the bronzer looks natural when blended in as a contour shade. However the bronzer can be built up to give a more dramatic look.

Overall very impressed with this benefit product and would definitely buy again...or put on my christmas list :p

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product but I don't agree with the hype.

The price - very high

Packaging- cardboard. Cute and surprisingly sturdy, has a little mirror, very 'ergonomic' (the square shape goes well in everything and fits every corner of a drawer/purse), but not as sturdy or elegant as a metallic/plastic casing. They could have done better for the price.

Pigmentation- very pigmented.

Finesse- it's almost creamy, it is THAT soft and finely-milled. The consistency compares perfectly to that of Chanel and YSL powders. Kudos to Benefit, they really outdid themselves with this one.

Color- it is a little orange for someone with light skin. I am not pasty-white (sorry ladies, no intention to offend anyone, just trying to find a proper word to describe the shade), but I am quite fair (think Angelina Jolie-fair), and on my wrist it looks yellow-orangey.

However on the face, after foundation and powder, seems to look much better and indeed gives that color of 'shade', an imperceptible 'brown' that isn't really brown, but a darker version of your own skintone.

Nevertheless, I have many other bronzers that are equally matte (Face Stockholm for example, they are ridiculous with the amount of pigmentation and true-ness of their bronzer shades), half the price (Flormar Cosmetics, a Turkish brand used for TV and pro makeup all over Europe) so it wasn't my best buy.

Overall a good product, stays well and doesn't look too dark or orange on the face, particularly on 'special' areas such as the nose, where contouring can be problematic. Nevertheless, it's still not that 'warm chocolatey biscuit' hue I'm looking for, the very natural one. Blends well, stays on...but the price is way too high for the overall quality. Won't be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by LotsOfZebras

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great bronzer that will suit all skin tones. Warms up the face perfectly with being matte. The perfect contour shade, if you desire a more subtle contour. This product is very pigmented (I was very surprised first time using it). The packaging isn't my fave, I find it is to bulky.
Otherwise this is an awesome bronzer and will definitely repurchase it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by tprosser3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG bronzer for very fair skin. Remember to blend and it looks great. Lasts all day for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by parahp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very natural looking color that is completely matte, which I like my bronzers to be. I think this would work on both warm and cool skin tones since its very neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Kimmacious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great matte bronzer and an even better contour color for lighter skin-tones. It's very pigmented and looks best as a bronzer when applied with a duo-fiber brush. A more dense brush is good if you're using it to contour. It's a soft powder and doesn't feel too dry on the skin. Mine has lasted a good long time, so I feel it was worth the price.

[Side note: NYC's Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder works just as well (as a bronzer) if you don't mind a warmer tone and it's almost 1/10th of the price.]

Cons:

The box packaging, while definitely adorable, is really not all that practical. (The same can be said for most of Benefit's packaging, tbh). The brush it comes with, while also very cute, is useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Kaylawimbleton

This is an amazing product. I don't fault it at all. It lasts for so long and suits any kind of skin tone. Perfect for contouring, bronzing your face up and even good to be used as an eye shadow. The price is a bit high but then again it's worth it. Also the packaging is nice but it s awkward to close as it get stuck half inside and outside the box (you'll know if you have it) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by NC1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This bronzer is fab, its matte and looks so natural. i use for all over face bronzer, blush, eyeshadow and contouring. can't be without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by slm1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firsty - The packaging... £23.50 for a cardboard box ? Haway Benefit we are paying £23.50 for a product, could have at least presented it in something a bit better than a cardboard box. Anyway the bronzer its self is a nice shade & not orange at all. I use this to contour but in my opinion there are others that are just as nice & cost way less than this one does... I feel that this bronzer is over-rated & hyped up to be amazing when really it isn't that amazing.