July 24, 2014 | 1891 users online

Shampoo - Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash Organic Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Holarosa

This product could be fantastic for all I know- but I never will because I literally can get no response from them. Very poor customer service.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by rainy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I wish I could buy it locally, as the shipping is expensive and slow. It creates beautifully defined curls. It untangles my curly/coily hair. This product allows me to wear wash and go curly styles. I really do love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by bkibler09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become my staple product. It completely "detoxes" your hair from all of the impurities in shampoos, conditioners, etc. It's organic, which made me interested in the first place. If you read the back, you'll see that it's made from all sorts of essential oils, bentonite clay, and aloe vera juice. When I began my detox process, I didn't pay any heed to the instructions to wash everyday. I washed it like normal (once a week) and even after the first wash I saw a difference! My hair was softer, shinier, and easier to twist up. My hair has also grown a lot since my first use. I've used Terressentials now for about 2 months and I wouldn't dare use any other product. Plus, it would defeat the purpose since you'd have to start from scratch.
If you're contemplating buying this product, I hope my review has convinced you to try it! It's 10.75 for one bottle and shipping is a bit expensive, but it's worth it. One bottle has lasted me the past 2 months- I'm just now buying my second.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product soo much!!! My hair felt soo clean and moisturized! I was able to wash, condition and detangle my hair all in one. My hair is kinky and coily and this product does everything I want. It usually takes me two hours to do that entire process but now I spend 30 to 45 minutes on my hair. The shipping is expensive but hey I will never ever use another shampoo ever again! This is my staple product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Pazita821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo!! About a year ago I decided to use only organic products. I tried 3 different organic shampoos and none of them worked, my scalp was extremly oily and the ends were really dry, all of them made my hair feel waxy. Plus 2 of them darken my hair color. Then I went to "regular" shampoo again, my hair was better but is just hated to put on all those nasty chemicals. I decided to give organic shampoo another chance. I tried Terressentials Hair Mud - Unscented. WOW my hair looked amazing!! It wasn't oily, it was soft, it even looked better than with regular shampoo and it didn't darken my hair color. Some days my hair felt a little bit waxy, so I tried Terressentials Hair Mud - Mint. It was much better than the unscente version!! But then I got that waxy feeling again and I had some flakes but I found out that because I have long hair it is better do dilute the shampoo with some water, when I did that my hair was SPECTACULAR (no more flakes and no more waxy feeling). What I love about this shampoo is that I only have to wash my hair twice a week (with the other organic shampoos and with regular shampoos I had to wash my hair 4 times a week). The 16oz bottle lasted me and my husband almost 4 months. Some might say that it is expensive but I think it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by atsiong1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Check out my 5-lippie review under "Left Coast Lemon Pure Earth Hair Wash."

Ingredients:
Organic Lavender Garden

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extract° of organic linden flower°, essential oils of organic true lavender° and organic sweet orange°, extracts of organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°, essential oils of organic rose geranium°, organic ylang ylang° and organic clove bud°.

Organic Cool Mint

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extract° of organic linden flower°, essential oils of organic peppermint° and organic spearmint°, extracts of organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°.

Organic Left Coast Lemon

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extract° of organic linden flower°, essential oils of organic lemon°, organic sweet orange° and organic lime°, extracts of organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°, essential oils of organic bergamot°, wildcrafted bay and organic petitgrain°.

Organic Sultry Spice

Ingredients: Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extracts° of organic linden flower°, organic nettle°, organic chamomile°, organic shavegrass° and organic vanilla°, essential oils of organic sweet orange°, organic patchouli°, organic true lavender°, organic petitgrain°, organic atlas cedar°, organic cinnamon leaf° and organic pine needle°.

Organic Fragrance-free

Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals, organic extracts° of organic linden flower°, organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°.

°USDA Certified Organic

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

I'll start with some background on my hair: Very fine (will not hold a curl, easily damaged by heat or styling), not color treated. Very oily scalp. Routine-wise, I have to wash very frequently, as it only takes two days for my hair to look oily again. I never use conditioner because it isn't necessary. I bought a bottle of this initially because I thought it would balance out my scalp and volumize my hair.
Well, I gave a full 16 oz. bottle of this a try for the past six weeks, and used no other products as to not interfere with the treatment.
In the beginning, I expected to go through a detox period like the instructions state, but all in all, it wasn't too bad. My hair felt cleaner, softer, and I had less hair breakage on the ends. Fast forward 6 weeks on, and things turned for the worse. My hair is oilier than it has ever been, and I developed a horrible case of dandruff and scalp acne (sorry about the unpleasant description), which I have never dealt with before. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and shampooed with a lathering product, and my scalp sighed with relief.
So for me, this turned out to be a fail. It is also very expensive for being just bentonite clay and aloe juice, and you have to use quite a bit, so it won't last very long (a 16 oz. bottle of regular shampoo would last me six months, this product barely lasted 2 months, and I did not shampoo daily).
I don't know what type of hair this would be suited for ideally. I have no idea if my problems came from this not cleansing thoroughly enough, or perhaps cleansing too well. Either way, I'm going back to my old routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HATE this shampoo of terresentials, it didnt lather, felt like I was slothing mud in my hair, and Plus it made my hair feel Not clean, but felt darn dry, I wont never buy this again!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Some background on my hair. I have typical Asian hair: thick, straight, slippery in that it's just about impossible to hold a set without a lot of "gunk" in it. My hair is oily with a slight tendency to dandruff, although any flakes are kept invisible through daily washing. I don't use styling products in my daily life, matter of fact, I don't even use conditioner as my hair does not tangle.

I really really really wanted to like this product. I've been on a mission to clear toxic chemicals from my home, and accordingly, replaced everything from household cleaning products to skincare and makeup. It's hard to really get "pure" shampoo (no SLS, "coconut-derived" surfactants, etc.), and I had been using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo even though it does contain a coconut-derived surfactant, although it's fairly far down the list of ingredients.

I purchased Terressentials Cool Mint Hair Wash and their skincare sampler pack. I have oily hair that's prone to dandruff, and I wash it daily. I followed Terressentials' instructions to "detox" and washed my hair 3 times during the first wash, waiting several minutes in between to rinse. First of all, I have chin-length hair, but I need to apply quite a bit to coat my scalp AND hair, per the instructions. Second, after rinsing and drying, my hair felt "coated"; the only way I can describe this is that it felt like I had sprayed thickening spray or some type of styling spray all over my hair. It would have been fine if I had longer hair and was trying to create an updo or something, but my hair is on the shorter side and is usually very slippery and straight (i.e., typical Asian hair). It did leave it smelling very mint-y, herbal-y, which is not altogether not a bad thing.

A full 24 hours later after the first shampoo, my hair looked really greasy and "matted down" (in the words of my husband), and the dandruff was REALLY BAD and NOTICEABLE, and my scalp itched like a mother_____! I took a deep breath and thought, maybe this is all part of the detoxification process and so I decided to press on. Fast-forward a week of daily washing with the Hair Wash, and my hair was not looking any better, although the dandruff had subsided a bit. I was really bugged by how "coated" my hair felt, and finally I couldn't stand it anymore and got into the shower with a thorough scrubbing with Nature's Gate Rainwater Clarifying Shampoo. Aaaahhh, back to silky, uncoated hair!

About two weeks later, I decided to revisit the Terressentials Hair Wash (after all, I still had 1/2 bottle left), and I washed my hair one day after the gym. Same results as before: really bad dandruff the following day, but subsides after a day or two. The second time around, I used the Hair Wash for 3 days before I finally threw in the towel and admitted that mud shampoo is not for me. Maybe there are people out there who can use mud shampoo with satisfactory results, but I'm not one of them!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ujinyoon

Eh. I've been searching for detergent free shampoo/hair wash for a while but this isn't "the one." I got a fragrance free one from MUA swap and there are three other kinds that I haven't used. It's kind of cool since it's not really a lathering shampoo, but more like a hair mud mask. You work the clay into wet hair, wait a while and rinse it off. I find that I usually have to do it more than once. My hair, though felt nice, still smelt/felt like hair grease pretty quickly. Detox, shmetox. I never used any cones products or even cheap conditioner in my hair, but my hair still got pretty limp. My scalp never really felt clean and it was itchy and flakey all the time. The mud didn't really rinse off well either because I kind of smelt it after rinsing on several occasions and this in turn made my then long hair very static-ky. I also suspect that this clogged my drain for good. One absolute pro about this was that hair shedding decreased to about nil and I had a full headed hair in about two weeks. So far, I have not been able to acheive this with other natural hair solutions such as baking soda/ACV, shampoo bars and "natural" shampoos. But considering that the shipping fees pretty steep and there are other ways to make this at home (if I really wanted to that is), I won't be purchasing again.