September 30, 2014 | 1057 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Les 4 Ombres - 13 Beiges de Chanel Quad

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I definately love this quad! It's one of the only Chanel eyeshadows I've felt are good enough to hold on to. It's a nice change for me from shimmery shadows which I seem to wear the most - these have a nice satin finish (not matte). The colors are great too -I wear the midtoned brown (kind of a green brown like a MAC Soba) on the lid, the gold on inner lid, the dark brown (such a beautiful charcoally brown) to line, and the whitish shade to blend upwards into the browbone. The white is kind of something that doesn't really show up, but it does help you blend things together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my quad for quite a while. It's fantastic, I originally bought the smokes quad, but since I'm fair I exchanged it for this. So glad I did! :) Best ES quad ever, it's versatile and has the ability to look natural XD

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to every day natural look. I got this last year and I am still using it today. It doesn't crease with a good primer, it's highly pigmented, and it's beautiful to wear. It can be used for a dramatic smoky eye or even an every day natural glow. There is just enough shimmer. I LOVE this quad by Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by 630redhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS QUAD! I wish this was part of Chanel's regular shadows. This was a Christmas quad (I think 2008) and I got lucky enough to find one about a year ago on ebay. These colors are beautiful and very wearable. I think they would look terrific on any skintone, any eye color. They can be made more subtle or dramatic, depending on application. The shimmer is very soft - the darkest shade does have some sparkle to it but in Chanel's consistent way, it is pretty without being over-the-top. I think Chanel does the best job of creating a shimmer or even sparkle shadow that is pretty but still very wearable. If you can find one of these quads, I HIGHLY recommend it. I don't know what I will do if I ever get to the end of mine - I'm not sure how hard it will be to find another one or how much I'll have to spend on it if I am lucky enough to find it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

a five star product! The LBD of ES !

The colors are perfect for most skin color and eyes. These include a cream beige, a golden beige, a dark brown and a lovely taupe/beige. The textures are buttery soft and highly pigmented. This is the kind of foursome you do use all the colors (I usually stay away from foursomes because I tend to use one or two colors the most and leave the other's untouched).

These colors are great for day, night or anytime... they can be used wet or dry and work beautifully with so many other shadow colors..mix them up with burgundies, black, purples, wines... just so many beautiful looks.

love these colors and would buy again if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by melissap1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had to review this because it is the nicest eyeshadow palette I've ever used. I have had other Chanel palettes that did not measure up to this one in quality or color payoff at all, so I guess the quality differs among different palettes. I find this is the palette I use almost every day, and I am sad it's a limited edition. I already want a backup. I use the gold color on the bottom left on my lid, the medium brown color on the bottom right in the crease, the matte bone color under my brow and the dark brown as a liner. The colors coordinate nicely and match perfectly with my fair to medium, warm to neutral skin. Makes my blue eyes look really blue and stays in place all day with TFSI underneath. Highly recommend picking this up if you can find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Annex

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Improvise Your Own Chanel Les Beiges #13: I was just swatching and comparing the shades in this quad to other shadows in my collection. Interestingly - to me at least - the matte bone shade is nearly identical to Stila Chinois or Bobbi Brown Bone. The lighter beige is exactly the same shade as Chantecaille Pyrite, with the same amount of shimmer. This was the most exact match that I found in color and texture.
After some trial and error with other shadows, I found that the next, darker beige/brown swatches as exactly the same shade as Nars Corfu. (Corfu is a cream shadow, but the two colors are extremely close - identical really.) The darkest shade is a deep brown with some golden shimmer - you probably have something similar in your arsenal.
It is handy to have them all in one quad, however, it is entirely feasible to reproduce the quad's effect with colors that you probably already have.
As this thing was L/E (why are wearable neutrals often L/E, while teal or worse are always in the permanent line?) this comparison might be helpful.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Enrilynne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word...AMAZING! This quad has the most beautiful browns I've ever seen. It's perfect for daytime and nighttime wear. I bought it when it first came out in Fall 2008 and didn't realize then how much I would like it. Usually after I'm done with a quad I just move on to another one of Chanel's brilliant creations. It is only now that I'm almost out of two of the four colors that I realize how much I love this quad and can't even come close to finding a replacement. Please Chanel bring back Beiges de Chanel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At last I've found a palette in brown tones that is perfect for me, not too yellow, not too red, not too grey. Easy to blend. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by temmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful palette. The colors are very pigmented, super soft and all work well together. This and Dior's Leather Couture are my fave brown palettes. It makes my eyes glow, and the lightest shade is the best brow highlighter I've ever come across. It isn't chalky on my dark skin at all, and it now passes MAC's lightsweep powder as my favorite brow highlighter. This was one of my favorite products of 2008. Chanel hit it out of the ballpark with this one.