September 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Other - YBF Cosmetics - 9 piece Celebration Collection (from HSN)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by pchotai

I love this collection. All the products are perfect for my skin tone. I especially love the lipstick and the neutralizing powder. thumbs up to this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PERFECT FOR TRAVEL. This kit eliminates a lot of tubes and jars in your travel plans. Great to load up on for gifts. I will order more for sure.
The colors work well and probably will on most women.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by bbbrooke

Loved this product! The selection of items is great... the colors worked for both me & my daughter

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by uvitana

This is a very nice neutral color kit. I am very pleased with all the colors provided. I purchased this kit from HSN. I thought it was a good deal with all that is included.

The Eye Shadows have high pigment as in "MAC". The Eye Shadow Quad provides many looks with its neutral color selection. The colors range in a creamy vanilla highlighter, neutral smoky gray, light chestnut brown and a burgandy.

The Blush is nice rosy color and is buildable. A little goes a long way. It looks very nice on the apples of the cheeks. Soft not harsh look.

The Transforming Neutralizing Powder/Bronzer Compact is quite useful especially for traveling. The Neutralizing Powder is very good and reminded me of Bobbi Brown's pressed powder which is also a light yellow. The "ybf" Neutralizing Powder is very easy to use again a little goes a long way. I used it at the end of my foundation application and before applying my blush.

The Bronzer is very nice again I used a light touch on the forehead, nose and chin very little to the hollows of the cheeks. It warmed up my face much like Bare Escentuals "Warmth" does.

The Lipstick is a deep Rose color. I found that if you use a heavy hand it will look very dark. So I applied it lightly and then patted my lips with a tissue and it was the perfect rose color for me. The texture of the lipstick was very creamy and easy to apply. I love creamy lipsticks. However it was not so creamy that it smeared all over the place. This creamy lipstick stayed put.

The Lip Gloss I must say I did not like the color on me. When applied on me it looked golden beige. Not a good color for me. This is the only item in the Kit that I did not like. And that is OK with me. However, on some people this color would look good and it even would tone down the Lip Stick color which is a deep rose and can look harsh if applied to heavy.

The Lip Liner is a Dusty Rose color and is great. The texture of the pencil is smooth but not too soft that it breaks. Love it and can use it with other lipsticks as well or alone with a clear gloss.

The Eye Liner is called Serenity Sable. I found it to be almost a smoky burgandy in the violet family. It really looked good with the Eye Shadow Quad matched great. The pencil had a smooth flow but not too soft to break and smear. Works very well when using a smudging technique but also looks good without smudging.

The Eye Brow Pencil in Universal Brown. I must say I really wanted to try this. Well this applies with such ease and is the perfect brown for me. I love it better than my Estee Lauder "Automatic Brow Pencil Duo" in Soft Brown. And ybf's Eye Brow pencil price two for $10. I will continue buying ybf's. I can't believe Stacy's claims were true. This is the best brow pencil ever!!!

Final Comments:
I normally use Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder and Bare Escentuals MAC & Smashbox make up. I am impressed and very happy with my "ybf" purchase. This kit came with alot of products to try at a very good price. I do not know how this make up compares to QVC's Models Prefer. I just know that this "ybf" is very good and worth purchasing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 5:25:00 AM More reviews by mousegrl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with the others. The YBF line is wonderful. Stacey has done a fabulous job with reformulatinbg some of our old favorites. I think this collection was an excellent way to kick off her line and return to Home Shopping. This kit is a must for those new to the line as well as returning customers. The quality of the kit is excellent!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by MissLaura2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Minxgirl pretty much said it all. This brand is great! I also loved Model's Prefer and was so sad when it left QVC. It's so good seeing Stacy back. YBF is so much better than Model's Prefer ever was. The yellow neutralizing powder definitley got reformulated and is much better- smoother. All products in this kit work well with my pale cool toned skin. It's a very neutral kit. I love the slight blueberry smell the lipgloss gives off...which only lasts for a few minutes (the smell...not the gloss. The gloss stays on forever!). Packaging is also a plus...very modern and looks great on the vanity!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Peg55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also purchased the 9 Piece Celebration Collection and love it! I use it all the time. I have previously purchased items from her Models Prefer line. I enjoy watching her now on HSN. I have also purchased her two sets of lip glosses which I love, her foundation which is great also, her custom loose finishing powder with all the different colors in it which I love and use all the time. Stacey has great products and I look forward to seeing whatever else she comes up with! I highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

'ybf' (your best friend) is the re-vamped line that was once known as 'Models Prefer', which, at the time was sold exclusively on QVC. Stacey Shieffelin (model and founder of MP/ybf) went back to the drawing board (so to speak) and re-formulated, re-packaged some of her former (and very popular) products-ie: her yellow neutralizing powder and eyebrow pencils, and has added some new ones to the mix. Now Stacey calls HSN (and QVC U.K, from what I read) home to her re-vamped line, which debuted back on August 3rd. I ordered this 9 piece Celebration Collection for around $39, and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with every single item in the kit (which is highly unusual for me, given that I might only like 1-2 items).

The collection includes: a transforming neutralizing powder/bronzer duo, which is fabulous. The yellow powder has been greatly improved, and it really does a wonderful job evening out my complexion and making it look flawless, without the dreaded 'jaundiced' look that I had when it was sold in the Models Prefer line. The bronzer is great as well-I use it mainly to accentuate my cheek bones; does not turn orange or muddy on my super fair skin. Also included: an eyeliner in 'Serentity Sable'; a 'Creative Quad Eye Shadow', which has shades of 'creme' (a matte ivory), 'fawn' (a matte taupe/brown), 'chestnut' (a medium brown shimmer) and 'ombre' (a grey shimmer): all the colors are beautiful, have excellent pigmentation, blend easily and lasts all day; a lip liner in 'Destiny Dusty Rose' (goes on smoothly and is creamy-almost gel-like); a lipstick in 'Realistic Rose', a beautiful neutral rose that I have to admit that I didn't think would work for me because it looks scary-dark in the tube, but goes on soft and pretty, smells and 'tastes' great-like cake batter-YUM. This lippie is also non-drying and lasts a decent amount of time before I need to re-apply; a lip gloss in ybf's signature color 'Complex Pink' which looks like a very pale gold in the tube, but goes on a gorgeous pale pink with gold-it really brightens up my complexion (I was afraid that if I wore this gloss alone, it would wash me out, but that has not been the case). I also like to wear this gloss (which is not sticky at all-it's more like a liquid lipstick) over the Realistic Rose l/s (the gloss also has that yummy cake-batter flavor,scent to it); a cheek color in 'Passion Petal Pink', which is a rosy pink color. At first I was afraid that this blush would be too much for my fair skin, but with a very light hand it works for me. The color really perks up my complexion and lasts all day; Stacey's famous eyebrow pencil in 'Universal Brown' that has a brush on the other end. This is the BEST brow pencil I have EVER used. My brows look natural and not drawn on. The final piece in this kit is a pretty dark-brown sequined bag/train case to hold all your ybf goodies. I think that the colors in this kit would please most women, from super-fair, to olive skintones, to women of color and everyone else in between.

So long story short, I am extremely impressed with the ybf line so far. The colors and formulations are fabulous (haven't had issues with these products breaking me out or aggrivating my rosacea). Speaking of redness and rosacea: Stacey's chemists have added the ingredient 'beta glucon' to several of the new products (like the foundation, blushes, eyeshadows, neutralizing powder), and from what I have read about beta glucon is that has very effective anti-inflammatory properties, and is great for those who have redness/inflammatory conditions of the skin (ie: rosacea). I have been using this kit for about 3 weeks, and I can honestly say that I have seen a great improvement in my skin (rosacea).

This collection gives me everything I need for a pretty, polished look that is not over-done. I highly recommend ybf products-Stacey did a really great job! I have tried soooo many makeup lines (Stila, Merle Norman, Prescriptives, Estee Lauder, Bare Escentuals, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, etc etc) and this new ybf line easily puts everyone else in their graves (and I am *very* picky when it comes to makeup). I love this line so much that I have thrown out *all* of my other m/u; it's ybf from now on! Oh, I forgot to add the new packaging is soooo pretty: it is a pale pink/dusty purple with silver 'ybf' lettering-very girlie!!! Great value for all the products you get!

38 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No